Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Roll To Decide on a Plot: BOSS FIGHT?!  (Read 8020 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Decide on a Plot: Snack time!
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2011, 04:09:08 pm »

> Suddenly, a dwarven reactor goes critical ten miles south! A rift in space and time opens in front of us!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2011, 04:10:47 pm »

LEVEL UP!!!
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2011, 04:36:12 pm »

Zoosmell Pooplord turns up and arrests the crap out of the grue. We have ways and means!

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2011, 05:18:30 pm »

Be Mrs. Grue.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Minstrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2011, 04:52:42 am »

Make a dainty hat out of kobold head

Tersr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2011, 04:07:18 pm »

Drink all of the blood on the ground.
Shooting something made of a semi hard metal with no organs is a fucking stupid idea anyway.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2011, 01:50:41 pm »

Hilarious. Posting to watch.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2011, 03:18:27 pm »

Too bad its stagnated. DARVI. I'M LOOKING AT YOU. <.< >.>
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2011, 03:22:30 pm »

I'll get back to this once I have secured a more stable internet connection ie I get a laptop.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Decide on a Plot: BOSS FIGHT?!
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2011, 08:52:44 am »

[1] Suddenly, a dwarven reactor goes critical ten miles south! A rift in space and time opens in front of us!
[2] LEVEL UP!!!
[3] Zoosmell Pooplord turns up and arrests the crap out of the grue. We have ways and means!
[4] Be Mrs. Grue.
[5] Make a dainty hat out of kobold head
[6] Drink all of the blood on the ground.

[3] After a few minutes of lazily digesting the mammoth meat, the grue spots the first rays of dawn above the horizon. The grue, being a notoriously photophobic creature, instantly starts moving into the protective shade of it's cave.

Back in it's cozy nest, it begins to ponder what it should do next. Aside from eating something or sleeping, of course. But before the grue can make a concrete decision, it is interrupted by a random human who, from its perspective, has no importance to the plot.
"Halt!", the human shouts. "I know that you are complicit in the murder of the royal kitten! I have proof! Surrender or I will have to use physical force to make you cooperate!"
Now what is this stupid human spouting? The grue knows nothing about a fuzzy kitten covered in silk and jewels and anyway why would he think that he could stand a chance against you? You can clearly see that his level is below that of yours. Also, the last time it checked, humans were absolutely blind in complete darkness. It doesn't want to bother with this silly human so it just stays calm, hoping it would go away sooner or later.

"You leave me no choice then! Have at you!"
The human begins swinging around a wooden construct, and hits the grue straight on the head. Ouch! That thing is actually a nuisance! The grue decides to scare away the human, as a last warning before it would strike faster than one could say "Oh shi-".
The grue lets out a growl. A growl deeper and more  terrifying than that of any beast of prey of the surface.
A growl that has changed the architectural and geometrical layout of entire houses.
A growl that, in ancient times, could have destroyed entire civilizations with the horror of what it implies.
A growl that is said to have originated from the forgotten God of Darkness, whose name should not been mentioned lest he engulf the entire world in Obscuriterna.

"Oh, pardonnez-moi, Madame. I have mistaken you for somebody else. I am deeply devastated by this mistake of mine. I sincerely hope that you won't think any less of me."

Now that could get interesting

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2011, 12:11:03 pm »

light your pipe.

Superior_Tomato

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm waiting. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2011, 02:13:46 pm »

My debut move....
Being a grue, master of all languages, but still completely underappreciated, call out:
"Attendez! Je tiens à vous accompagner!"
Follow him, and steal any artifacts/evidence before he sees it. Then use said artifacts to turn yourself into a living hat, a form that will inspire fear in all who see you. What could possibly go wrong?
'Course with Dwarf Fortress, the only relevant question is, "How far away will the ASCII gibs splash on landing?"
5 squares per limb, if you raise the north orthoclase bridge before sacrificing one of them so they have a straight shot to the bottom of the chasm.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2011, 02:19:48 pm »

My debut move....
Being a grue, master of all languages, but still completely underappreciated, call out:
"Attendez! Je tiens à vous accompagner!"
Follow him, and steal any artifacts/evidence before he sees it. Then use said artifacts to turn yourself into a living hat, a form that will inspire fear in all who see you. What could possibly go wrong?
I'd have a few pics to reply to that suggestion, but unfortunately they are blocked on the forums.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2011, 03:57:57 pm »

"Noooooooooooo?! For whom could he have mistaken me!? Is there ANOTHER as fearsome and terrifying as I? I MUST SEEK HIM OUT AND DESTROY HIM. Or seduce her with my terrifying yet handsome visage. Hmm. I hope it is the latter..."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2011, 03:59:08 pm »

Or seduce her with my terrifying yet handsome visage.
A lesbian grue? Now that'd be somethng.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8