Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 'Grime and Filth' FB?  (Read 2146 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
'Grime and Filth' FB?
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:55:05 pm »

Ok... so there are steam FBs, which take a baby to the head and die.

There are bronze FBs, which are nearly invincible (except to a artifact platinum battle axe (see Weird/Useful Artifacts thread))

But Grime and Filth:

How strong is that compared to other materials? Is it something that I can throw a fodder group of axedwarves at or will I need to roll out some heavy artillery?
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
Re: 'Grime and Filth' FB?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:13 pm »

Well, I once discovered one of them and a few other clowns stalking a group of people. I easily killed most of them, but the grime one was nearly unstoppable. I decided to escape with my life.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »

I'm having my dwarves dig out a death-corridor...

a 3x20 corridor with 3 ballistas at the end, and 2 drawbridges at either end. Bait it with a wooden door, and some clever leverage, and then we'll see how grime and filth compares with iron ballista bolts.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:22:33 pm »

Ok... so there are steam FBs, which take a baby to the head and die.

There are bronze FBs, which are nearly invincible (except to a artifact platinum battle axe (see Weird/Useful Artifacts thread))

But Grime and Filth:

How strong is that compared to other materials? Is it something that I can throw a fodder group of axedwarves at or will I need to roll out some heavy artillery?
In defense of the steam FB's getting hit in the head with a baby hurts like hell.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 12:07:42 am »

I have a grime and filth FB wandering my caverns right now, actually. All I've done is throw a puppy at it so far, to test if miasma can be generated underwater. The puppy didn't win.

Hope that helped. :V

I too am interested now, though. I had assumed grime to be about as strong as snow.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 12:31:57 am »

I'll count how many iron ballista bolts it takes before it (inevitably) goes down.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 12:54:44 am »

JESUS!!!

how in hell did the FB get into the middle of my main stockpile in the center of my fortress!!!

After 15 minutes of searching for any breaches - I'm at a complete loss as to how it got into my fortress. There is no way in hell that it could've made its way in here. Now it has a whole bunch of my dwarves in the hospital for some sort of paralysis/sensory damage. f***.

But at least I got some data on the strength of the grime:
Code: [Select]
The Captain bashes The Forgotten Beast in the lower body with his bronze war hammer, fracturing it!
The Soldier kicks The Forgotten Beast in the head with his right foot and the severed part sails off in an arc!

EDIT:
Ok - it looks like the dust so far has given about 20 of my dwarves complete numbness, sensory nerve damage, and minor vision impairment. Quick question - what jobs/attributes do those 3 things affect?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:57:26 am by acetech09 »

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:07 am »

Ok - it looks like the dust so far has given about 20 of my dwarves complete numbness, sensory nerve damage, and minor vision impairment. Quick question - what jobs/attributes do those 3 things affect?

Congrats. You discovered a FB that has the super soldier syndrome - complete painlessness. The nerve damage and minor vision loss come with total numbness, but don't worry about that. These dwarves, if recruited, will keep fighting even if their bones get smashed. Hopefully the syndrome doesn't wear off, and doesn't cause their brains to rot a few months later or something.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 02:01:58 am »

I love how not being able to physically feel anything counts as a superpower in Df.

Someone needs to catalog these FBs, I've seen different threads with the super soldier syndrome infecting their dwarves, and all of them are awesome.

Who knew a monster literally made out of filth was this good for a fortress?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rushmik

• Bay Watcher
  • Militia? Oh, you mean *serrated steel discs*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 02:09:17 am »

Oh, good. Looks like my own grime beast won't be much of a threat. It too has "deadly dust", but I don't think I'll wager on it being super-inducing!

Then again, if I could arrange a meeting between it and one of my cheesemakers...

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 09:24:46 am »

Congrats. You discovered a FB that has the super soldier syndrome - complete painlessness. The nerve damage and minor vision loss come with total numbness, but don't worry about that. These dwarves, if recruited, will keep fighting even if their bones get smashed. Hopefully the syndrome doesn't wear off, and doesn't cause their brains to rot a few months later or something.

I had this. No vision loss. I think it caused necrosis of only sensory nerves. In any case, it gave my legendary soldiers [NO_PAIN] and that's awesome.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 12:52:24 pm »

carp. Effects all temporary. All my dorfs are back to their old, pain-prone selves.