Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74756 times)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Eighteen.
« Reply #720 on: March 19, 2012, 03:44:36 pm »

Stand in the center of the cage and try to parry the sticks of the Vikings with my walking bat stick with such force as to jam the other end into the Vikings.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: March 19, 2012, 05:00:57 pm »

Wait, so Geeny is in a robosuit? Neat.

Attempt to throw my top hat in such a fashion as to cause it to begin to fly in a circle upon hitting the first viking, then curve to maim each viking in the circle.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: March 20, 2012, 07:48:38 pm »

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apply liberal violence upon some viking buttocks.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 21, 2012, 09:01:38 am »

Inspired by Smith's heroic Super Manliness, crawl into cover and see to those damned wounds already!
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Nineteen.
« Reply #724 on: March 24, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »

Early evening, Wednesday 10th April, 1906.

Attempt to throw my top hat in such a fashion as to cause it to begin to fly in a circle upon hitting the first viking, then curve to maim each viking in the circle.

“Tally ho!” cries Mr Wellington, aboard his war-Elk. “Up and at 'em, boy, let's impale the buggers on your magnificent horns! No! Wait! I have a better idea. We shall perform a ride-by hatting! Charge!”

Gripping Mr Kensington-Smythe's – for this is the name of the war-Elk in question – horns with one hand, Mr Wellington removes his top hat with the other as the fearsome pair gallop past the gathering Viking mercenaries in the tunnel. Wellington straightens his back and aims with a terrifying warcry, ...before getting the wrist action all wrong, and flinging his revered top hat to the floor!

“Blast.” he curses. “Well, that'll show 'em, eh? Nothing much more intimidating than not even deigning to strike one's enemy, eh what?”

Suddenly his mini monologue is interrupted as a nearby Viking leaps up and ...wrestles him to the floor, grabbing him in a headlock and smashing his face upon the ground! Mr Wellington starts bleeding profusely, and looks up just in time to see the damnable Viking pull out a blade, and aim it towards the stricken Englishman's spleen!

Wound Acquired! Mr Wellington: Heavy Face Bleeding!

“Äaaaaaaaaaaaaargggrh!” he suddenly hears. “Äaaaaarhghghlkllkkj!”

Mr Wellington looks up at the accursed Viking, carved in twain by the force of Mr Kensington-Smythe's deadly sharp antlers! He gets to his feet and dusts off his jacket, giving the heroic war-Elk a discrete nod of thanks.

Stand in the center of the cage and try to parry the sticks of the Vikings with my walking bat stick with such force as to jam the other end into the Vikings.

Mr Smith is left alone in the cage as the Vikings poke him with their sharp sticks, and looks on with quiet desperation as he sees Mr Wellington charge by and effect an entirely useless rescue! He withstands the understandable urge to give in to self-pity and miserablism, and straightens his back and thrusts out his chin in a defiance almost reminiscent of a great Englishman!

...He parries first one Viking sharp stick, and then another, smashing it into two pieces which both fly back out of the cage, impaling themselves in the eyes of the vicious Vikings! Two of the Vikings drop dead on the spot!

The three remaining Viking stick-men appear to become somewhat enraged at the grisly fate of their fellows, and poke their sticks with renewed ferocity! But alas! (for them!) Mr Winston Smith is a dab hand with the old walking bat stick, and first traps one bounder's stick under his arm, immobilising the cad, before parrying the second Viking's stick so hard the other end jams through him and his colleague!

The poor chap stuck to the end of the sharp stick that Mr Smith has trapped takes one look at his slain comrades, drops his sharp stick, and turns to flee!

Inspired by Smith's heroic Super Manliness, crawl into cover and see to those damned wounds already!

Sir August von Fersen is rather alarmed by the violence of the ongoing mortal combat in the vicinity of the cage-trap, and rightly deduces that he would fare better in battle were he to see to some of his awful injuries. He crawls into the cover of a door, and starts ripping up the shirt of a nearby fallen Viking with which to bandage himself up.

...His failure is not total! He manages to make a makeshift form of protective gut-patch, and he begins to feel a little better!

Apply liberal violence upon some viking buttocks.

Von Fersen looks up from his doctoring just in time to hear the strange sounds of Mr McGeenyton's steam-powered robospider-suit hiss into action, wriggling itself free from the rubble of the destroyed wall and pounding menacingly towards the few remaining non-sharp stick Vikings that surround Mr Smith's cage.

One foolhardy type raises his monstrous axe and rushes towards the Englishman – perhaps wanting to make a comment on the width of the pinstripes! ...But McGeenyton refuses to even entertain the idea of listening to his fashion counsel, and swats him off the ground like a steam-powered flyswatter! The Viking screams as he flies off into the nearest wall, broken and bloodied and, indeed, quite struck down!

His Viking friends decide that enough is enough, and flee headfirst down the corridor from whence the vengeful gentlemen did appear, leaving naught but an imposing looking German Colonel between the gentlemen and further progress!

“So!” begins the German. “You have defeated my first platoon of hired thugs, eh! Vell! I bet you cannot defeat your sense of honour and not do me the pleasure of fighting in a duel? Eh?”

Baron von Honkerkliffen challenges you to a duel!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Item Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: A Promise to Acquire Two New Suits! (nine turns remaining)

Current Gentlemen
Spoiler: areyoua; Winston Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Geen; Henry McGeenyton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:47:31 am by lawastooshort »

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Nineteen.
« Reply #725 on: March 25, 2012, 08:00:22 pm »

Rip some pages out of the French-English dictionary to stop the bleeding and call for some help out of this cage.

Alas, for I feel less manly...

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 25, 2012, 08:52:44 pm »

The ghost of Thomas Wallace places all his knowledge of the dueling arts into Mr. Geenyton to prepare him for the upcoming duel. Also, make the Bagpipes play some Epic Scottish Battle Music.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 26, 2012, 09:47:07 pm »

Accept challenge. Enter Fisticuffs mode.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2012, 06:22:00 pm »

Retrieve hat, attempt last action.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: April 06, 2012, 03:29:56 pm »

While resting my wounds, focus intensively on lending all my strength to my comrades through the supernatural, brotherly bond all Agents in the Service of the King are connected by!

((Sorry for being an arse and not replying again. I will be better!))
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: April 06, 2012, 03:34:39 pm »

You just managed to get into the turn! It was more than half done!

I just need a little inspiration to get it over the finishing line... I should apologise as well for the delay, but I have been very busy and tired this last fortnight and only able to write occasionally when I get a burst of inspiration.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: April 06, 2012, 04:01:50 pm »

It's kind of the same with me. I get into these periods when even writing a petty single line post seems impossible. Been feeling more inspired these two last days again though. Need something to kickstart that part of the mind sometimes it seems.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty.
« Reply #732 on: April 16, 2012, 08:51:22 am »

Early evening, Wednesday 10th April, 1906.

The ghost of Thomas Wallace places all his knowledge of the dueling arts into Mr. Geenyton to prepare him for the upcoming duel. Also, make the Bagpipes play some Epic Scottish Battle Music.

Rip some pages out of the French-English dictionary to stop the bleeding and call for some help out of this cage.

“Help! I say – I’m in a bloody cage, don’t you know! Oh, blast, one appears to be bleeding quite profusely from one’s leg. Bother.”

...Rather than ruin yet another suit with his somewhat callous propensity for bleeding on the work of innocent tailors, Mr Smith wisely decides that mere freedom is not all that it might be cracked up to be. He snuffles about his evening jacket pockets and pulls out his finally useful French-English dictionary. Frenziedly tearing the poor volume to shreds, he applies it with some manly spit, sticking it furiously about his leg until the blood is soaked up, and his leg entirely immobilised! He very slightly resembles some kind of Egyptian mummy! 

Suddenly, stowed somewhere about his person, his bagpipes start playing some epic Scottish battle music of their own accord!

Leaping with terror at this strange and sudden development, the startled Mr Smith flees at top speed from the bloodcurdling sound, only to trip upon his mummified leg and smash his head open on a nearby metal bar!

Wound Acquired: Mr Smith: Smashed Open Head!

Retrieve hat, attempt last action.

Spying his poor top hat in its undignified position upon the ground, Mr Wellington resolves to retrieve it and finally slay everyone present via the medium of tophatterang-fu! He ceases his jacket-dusting-off and dashes into a particularly handsome forward roll, coming to his knees just before his top hat which he then slams back into its rightful place on his noble head. Staying in a crouch, Mr Wellington looks about! He looks left! He looks right! He spies no foe bar the evil-looking Baron von Honkerkliffen, but remains intent on circulating his top hat in the most violent manner possible, hoping to explode the heads of as many Vikings as can be caught!

...With a twitch of his wrist Wellington flings out his top hat, splicing apart Baron von Honkerkliffen’s left eye, tearing off his nearby ear, and sending him flying to the floor in a stumbling heap!

Wound Acquired: Baron von Honkerkliffen: Spliced Open Left Eye!

Wound Acquired: Baron von Honkerkliffen: Torn Off Ear!

Wellington stands aghast at this hideous breach of dueling protocol, but watches with great satisfaction as his tophatterang returns at great speed. It flies in a great arc about the rocky cavern, shearing the flesh off Sir August von Fersen’s left arm as it passes the first gentleman before heading towards the astonished Mr McGeenyton!

Wound Acquired: Sir von Fersen: Sheared Open Left Arm!

He is rooted to the spot as the top hat comes towards him and smashes him directly in the face, heavily bruising his mouth through his robosuit!

Wound Acquired: Mr McGeenyton: Heavily Bruised Mouth!

Wellington dodges to the ground as the top hat swings round for a final run, narrowly missing the Englishman and careering dangerously fast towards the temporarily severely disabled Mr Smith: at the last second it veers to the side, and slices through the entire side of steel cage! The cage collapses to the floor on one side: Mr Smith is freed!

Caddishness Increased! Mr Wellington: Breached Dueling Protocol!

Quote from: me
”Gosh!”

”Gosh and blast! Oh no, wait – I have an idea!”

While resting my wounds, focus intensively on lending all my strength to my comrades through the supernatural, brotherly bond all Agents in the Service of the King are connected by!

...Overcome with mild joy at the sight of his freed comrade, von Fersen realises that decisive action is required if the evil threat is to be defeated. He crawls into a corner, and focuses intensively on helping his comrades through some kind of supernatural means! His face quickly takes on an expression of extreme constipation as he strains his mental faculties to near breaking point!

Accept challenge. Enter Fisticuffs mode.

”I… I’m terribly sorry, old chap. I don’t know how I can possibly excuse my companion’s atrocious behaviour – would you care for a duel? It’s the very least I can do.”

”Mein Gott! It is inexcusable! Not only do you English types slice off my ear under the pretence of preparing to duel, you then do me the dishonour of challenging me to a duel whilst I await your duel! I tell you vot, mein friend: I see your duel, and I raise you a duel! Ha! I vill duel you twice at once! En garde! I warn you: I fight to the death, and I am an expert at this kind of thing!”

”Oh, blast.”

Mildly blinded by rage as well as his eye being spliced apart, Baron von Honkerkliffen is nevertheless rather speedier than the slowed-by-shame McGeenyton! He gets in the first blow with his rapier, and ...strikes a vicious stab towards thin air!

Suddenly, McGeenyton realises he doesn’t appear to possess a suitable dueling weapon, and will have to fight with whatever he has to hand! Luckily, he immediately remembers he’s in a robotic spider suit, and swipes with one of his eight legs towards the prancing Prussian, ...who avoids the blow with a cunning duck. With a smart roll to his right to take advantage of his duck, Baron von Honkerkliffen thrusts upwards with his rapier towards McGeenyton’s armoured groin, ...striking viciously and puncturing McGeenyton’s guts!

Wound Acquired: Mr McGeenyton: Punctured Guts

The angered Englishman recoils in horror: ‘twas a close run thing! He clambers ahead in a ball of steam and metallic spider legs towards the brave baron, and swipes two arms forwards to clasp him in a spiderbotic wrestling hold, ...and calls upon all his suddenly increased dueling knowledge to begin crushing the air out of the German infidel!

Baron von Honkerkliffen attempts to struggle free, ...but cannot!

Mr McGeenyton squeezes and squeezes, and the German turns purple! He attempts the only thing any sane man would do, ...and pokes the Englishman in the eye with his rapier, bruising the eye, but missing the brain!

Wound Acquired: Mr McGeenyton: Bruised Eye!

McGeenyton bleeds heavily within his suit of robospidersteel, but can’t quite manage to squeeze the baron to death, so casually attempts to rip off one of his arms: ...alas! the robospider suit malfunctions, and he rips off the spidersuit’s arm!

Robospider Suit Malfunction Bonus Acquired: Mr McGeenyton: Arms remaining: 7.

The German wriggles free with his last but one breath, and hacks through the resulting hole with his rapier, ...breaking the arm and tearing the flesh! With a sudden burst of supernatural energy, ...McGeenyton picks up the severed spidersuit arm, and thrusts it at Baron von Honkerkliffen. It penetrates his spleen! It shatters his heart! It punctures his lung! It pokes out his spine! It ruins his suit!

Baron von Honkerkliffen is struck down!

Wound Acquired: Mr McGeenyton: Broken Arm!

Gentlemanliness Increased: Mr McGeenyton: Duelist Extraordinaire!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Beyond the corpse of the baron lay the depths of the Viking fortress, and, specifically, a junction of dank dark corridors heading off in various directions. From left to right the junctions appear to have signs written in Viking under the more easily decipherable numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4.

…   …   …   …   …   …

Item Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: A Promise to Acquire Two New Suits! (eight turns remaining)

Current Gentlemen
Spoiler: areyoua; Winston Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Geen; Henry McGeenyton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty.
« Reply #733 on: April 16, 2012, 07:08:01 pm »

Waitlist:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty.
« Reply #734 on: April 16, 2012, 07:55:15 pm »

SHITSHITSHIT
See if this thing can do any medical shit. If not, attempt to self-diagnose. At least put my guts back inside my stomach.

You guys mind helping?
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50