Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74833 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Six
« Reply #660 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:19 am »

D is tor disintegore ;)

Give all gentlemen in need of it some modicum of medical attention.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Seven
« Reply #661 on: February 08, 2012, 03:53:06 pm »

Morning, Wednesday 10th April, 1906.

Celebrate with tea.

[3] William Wellington shows his experience in all matters espionage and class; he rings his butler bell and requests some tea! He pulls up a nearby chair and sits down to drink. It is only mildly satisfying.

Weakly request a cup of tea and some medical attention.

“Tea! I must… I… weak… feel… Oh! Darcy!”

[1] Mr McGeenyton passes out from the pain! He falls awkwardly! He shatters his pelvis on a nearby rock!

Wound Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: Fractured Pelvis!

Give all gentlemen in need of it some modicum of medical attention.

[2-2] Von Fersen dusts off his jacket sleeve, only to see his esteemed colleague Mr McGeenyton fall to the floor as if struck by a flying cannonball. Rushing over to give assistance, however, he can’t identify anything that seems to be the problem! He pokes around a bit but realises his hands might get smeared in the increasing amount of blood that seems to be covering Mr McGeenyton’s head.  Rather than straining his grey matter any further, von Fersen decides to relax with Mr Wellington, and asks the butler to pour another cup.

Wounds Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: Further Light Bleeding!

Save the runaway boat! Rally the crew again and try to get in and row back to shore and the remaining men on the island. Do properly mourn the ruining of another suit (this time by salt water) if and when we get the boat back.

“I say! The blasted boat is getting away!”

With a cry, Mr Winston Smith strips off his smashing coat, runs to the water's edge whilst vigorously tearing off his suit, and dives headlong into the waves! He powers manfully through the water, his majestic shoulders glistening in the springtime Nordic sea. One arms pierces the slate-grey surface, propelling him forwards; then it rises again as the other arm follows suit. His whole body rumbles with noble effort as he -

“Oh God. What have I done?!”

[1-1] With a flash of clarity, Smith realises that he is entirely nude once more! He begins to turn red! All over! The shame begins to burn! His muscles begin to cease! Just as Mr Smith turns back towards his beloved suit, with a sense of longing and regret that is building to match his feeling of shame and repulsion, the rising tide mounts the beach. The suit disappears under the waves! The suit is covered in the foamy spume! It is beyond ruined! Mr Smith himself is covered in the foamy spume!

A ghastlier sight has seldom been seen!

Trait Gained! Prone to Rather Uncomfortable Sartorial Malfunction!

Current Gentlemen
Spoiler: areyoua; Winston Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Geen; Henry McGeenyton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 04:42:54 pm by lawastooshort »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Seven
« Reply #662 on: February 08, 2012, 04:39:50 pm »

HELP ME DAMMIT! I'LL GIVE YOU SOME BLOODY HOT TEA UP YOUR ARSE IF YOU DON'T

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: February 08, 2012, 04:52:30 pm »

Umm, eloquently respond to Geenyton's requests.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: February 08, 2012, 05:13:25 pm »

A(nother) suit, A(nother) suit, my kingdom for a suit.

Make a makeshift suit out of the spume whilst looking for yet another suit.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: February 09, 2012, 01:06:28 pm »

McGeenyton seem to be in dire need of tea, help him to some.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Eight
« Reply #666 on: February 10, 2012, 08:06:04 am »

Shout loudly and vulgarly!

“HELP ME DAMMIT!” shouts the wounded Mr McGeenyton. “I'LL GIVE YOU SOME BLOODY HOT TEA UP YOUR ARSE IF YOU DON'T!” he adds, oblivious to the suffering his coarseness is causing.

[6] A pair of butlers suddenly appear over the horizon, sprinting as fast as dignity permits towards the stricken Englishman. Without a word they kneel in unison, lift Mr McGeenyton upon their shoulders, and stride purposefully towards Mr Wellington’s small table! As Sir August von Fersen politely pours a cup, the two butlers lower McGeenyton carefully to a chair.

”Very good Sir. Will there be anything else Sir? I presume you are aware you are bleeding heavily from the head Sir?”

Item Acquired! The Devoted Service of a Pair of English Butlers! (five turns remaining)
Caddishness Increased! Loudness, Vulgarity and Crudeness!

Umm, eloquently respond to Geenyton's requests.

“Umm, what’s that my dear fellow? I say, did you hear about that Marcus Aurelius chap? Terrible scandal, what.”

[2] Lost in his own hideous train of thought, Mr William Wellington completely ignores his bleeding companion! Suddenly his ear starts to bleed!

Wound Acquired! Light Bleeding!

McGeenyton seem to be in dire need of tea, help him to some.

”Here you go, old boy. Have a cup of tea. Finest Assam, apparently. Rather good.”

[5] Rather alarmed at his colleague McGeenyton, who has already made quite an unpleasant scene and now appears to be on the verge of collapsing head first onto the makeshift tearoom table and soiling the tablecloth with his inconsiderate and profuse bleeding, von Fersen pours and offers a cup of tea. As the unfortunate chap sits back and takes a long hard sip [3], he can feel the restorative powers of the noble liquid course through his body like the touch of a modern day messiah!

“Oh, I say”, he says. “My leg feels rather better than it did! Gosh, I quite fancy myself able to stand!” he adds, before testing his hypothesis.

“Hmm. Not quite,” he concludes, after extensive experimentation. “Jenkins?” he shouts, directing a request to one of his butlers, “Would you mind awfully carrying me a little further? I’ll er… I’ll get a replacement suit for you both once we get to the mainland and the bleeding ceases. Terribly kind of you.”

Item Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: A Promise to Acquire Two New Suits! (twenty turns remaining)

Wound Acquired! Sir von Fersen: Light Bleeding!

Make a makeshift suit out of the spume whilst looking for yet another suit.

“Oh blast. A(nother) suit, A(nother) suit, my kingdom for a suit!” paraphrases the despairing Smith, cold and soaking by the waterline. He has seen such loss this day that he feels an awkward lump rise at the back of his throat!

[5] Scrabbling about in the spume for several minutes, Mr Smith suddenly rises to his feet in hope. He is entirely covered from head to toe in spume! His nakedness is concealed! He feels civilised enough to wander about without fainting in shame, and makes his way back to the airship wreckage. Before long he finds another abandoned suitcase, which he cracks open with a sharp blow from his walking bat stick. A suit is revealed!

After muttering a quick prayer of thanks, Mr Smith dresses himself! He is once more ready for battle!

“Onwards, gentlemen!”

Item Acquired! Decency!
Wound Acquired! Mr Smith: Light Bleeding!

Current Gentlemen

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Eight
« Reply #667 on: February 10, 2012, 05:38:59 pm »

Please attend to my wounds, butlers. Thank you for helping me, I'll nominate you fine chaps for the butler of the year award! Would you like some tea?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 01:52:42 pm by Geen »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: February 10, 2012, 05:46:26 pm »

Find out where te steam ship went.
Love, scriver~

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: February 10, 2012, 06:09:37 pm »

Join Wellington for some of that restorative tea.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: February 10, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

As the butlers to pour a little bit of the tea into my ear to heal it.

(I'm a tad confused. Where are we again?)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Nine
« Reply #671 on: February 13, 2012, 09:53:25 am »

As the beautiful Scandinavian sunlight bursts through the rising morning mist – or is it fog? – a scene of terrifying confusion reigns on the rocky and bloodied beach upon which our four brave gentlemen find themselves stranded. All persons present appear to be bleeding from the ear, having narrowly escaped a hideous loss of inner ear health related balance; merely one day into their exceedingly important mission ribs and limbs have all been broken or fractured and, worse, several suits have been irreparably damaged. The fate of the Empire hangs in the balance, its would-be saviours seemingly beached like so many incompetent but well-dressed whales. Decisiveness of thought and boldness of action is required!

Ask the butlers to pour a little bit of the tea into my ear to heal it.

“I say!” says, boldly, Mr William Wellington. “What the deuce is going on? Jenkins!” he adds, decisively, “Pour a cup of that tea down my blasted ear, will you? Can’t bloody hear a thing with all that bloody blood bloody well bleeding out of it. Bloody disgrace is what it is.”

Wellington leans slightly over to one side as a nearby butler takes the teapot from the gentlemen’s makeshift tea table, expertly crafts a fine cup of tea, and uses his standard issue butler ear-funnel to pour it directly into Wellington’s ear.

As the scalding hot liquid stops flowing out of Wellington’s ear cavity, he realises he feels a great deal better! The tea appears to have cauterised the wound! The blood flow has ceased!

Mr Wellington thanks the butler with a dismissive wave of the hand and gets up for a quick stroll. He quickly decides against such rash folly and asks for another cup of tea to be served.

He is about to recommence his ghastly musings on the subject of Roman emperors when he suddenly recalls the task at hand.

“I say,” he exclaims, “Where the devil are we?” [4]

”Please attend to my wounds, butlers. Thank you for helping me, I'll nominate you fine chaps for the butler of the year award! Would you like some tea?”

“We’re on this God-forsaken island awaiting some kind of ship-based rescue or swim-based escape whilst watching me bleed to death, that’s where the bloody devil we are!” cries Wellington’s compatriot Henry McGeenyton unreasonably. “Bloody hell Smythe, it would be terribly kind of you if you could attend to my wounds, you know. I'll nominate you fine chaps for the butler of the year award! Would you like some tea?”

“Yes sir, thank you sir,” replies the blood-stained Smythe, helping himself to a cup of tea, “Now, what was that you mentioned about wounds, sir?”

The tea is of such excellent quality Smythe seems to have forgotten his duty! McGeenyton bleeds silently in polite despair. ‘Tis the English way. [2]

Find out where the steam ship went.

Sir August von Fersen, for one, however, has not forgotten his duty! He has been sent to save the kidnapped Professor Blythington-Smythe, thereby saving the British Empire!

Alas! He is stuck on a rocky island, several miles from the lovely Scandinavian coast! If only there were a passing steamship that might lead them from one to the other.

Blast. [3]

Join Wellington for some of that restorative tea.

As von Fersen peers about into the distance, Smith decides, having just got dressed, that it is time for his morning cup of tea. Perhaps, he thinks to himself, it will have a restorative effect after the exertions of the night?

He takes a seat; he takes a sip!

The majestic and diuretic power of correctly prepared Assam burns through his magnificent and so often naked body!

Smith brusquely thrusts back his chair. He nobly rises to his feet! He stretches his arms towards the heavens like the first man to roam the earth!

He feels a blistering strength! He feels a miraculous sense of health and well being! He feels a fusing of bones within his chest! He even feels a warm glow of radiance about his handsome jaw line! [6]

State Acquired! Mr Smith: Tea-powered Super Manliness! (ten turns remaining)

Suddenly a loud horn interrupts this most English and beautiful scene. The passing steamship has returned!

“I say, Smith,” speculates von Fersen. “Your intimidating yet undeniably attractive manliness must have brought yon steamship hither!”

As the steamship approaches and lowers a rowboat to come to shore, the eagle eyed von Fersen lets out a small gasp of joy.

“I say! The ship is unfurling the Swedish flag! We are saved!”

…   …   …   …   …   …

Some time later that day, the steamship SS Aurelius arrives in Norway, and pulls up alongside the dock at Hammerfest. Thanking the ship’s captain profusely with a firm shake of the hand and a kind word or two pronounced loudly, clearly and several times, the four gentlemen wander down the gangway into the village. ‘Twas here the last known destination of Professor Blythington-Smythe!

…   …   …   …   …   …

Item Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: The Devoted Service of a Pair of English Butlers! (four turns remaining)
Item Acquired! Mr McGeenyton: A Promise to Acquire Two New Suits! (nineteen turns remaining)

Current Gentlemen

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 04:08:12 pm by lawastooshort »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Nine
« Reply #672 on: February 13, 2012, 11:51:38 am »

Suggest that we find the village's local Quaint Inn, whereupin we should see if he had a room where we could find clues about his doings here. And possibly have some lunch afterwards.
Love, scriver~

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: February 13, 2012, 03:51:34 pm »

Surely, our Scandinavian friend knows the most about his homeland.

Follow von Ferson, dabbing manly at my ear along the way to stop the bleeding.

And, as one should always do when eating in a foreign place,

Let von Ferson order first, then order what he ordered.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: February 13, 2012, 05:55:50 pm »

Head to the general store and purchase a bundle of candles and a sheet of paper. Then collect some twigs from a tree and use those to prop up a sign, dotted with candles at the edges, asking if anyone has seen germans come by recently.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 50