Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74870 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Three
« Reply #630 on: February 01, 2012, 12:08:44 pm »

Quickly build a makeshift (rope?) ladder out of the wreckage debris and climb down to Smith, using my modicum of knowledge to tend his wounds.

"Why", shouts von Fersen up to the others, "I think we might want to explore this little cave Smith were so kind as to find for us, seeming as the Norwegians might not be as friendly after all. Rank that revolutionary spirit! We should have put them in place before it became a bother. Now look! Viking anarchists at our doorstep! Why I never!"
Love, scriver~

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 01, 2012, 02:32:21 pm »

Ready a disc and wait for diplomacy.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 01, 2012, 03:47:37 pm »

Offer the vikings tea.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 01, 2012, 04:19:21 pm »

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 06:41:47 pm by Powder Miner »

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 01, 2012, 05:20:46 pm »

Darn. So few rocks, so much bleeding. My medic skills are lacking, but I can't just do nothing...

Try to stop the bleeding with my smashing coat, and get up the rope of noble von Ferson. They might not have seenme fall, though, so try to blow on bagpipes while waiting.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Four
« Reply #635 on: February 02, 2012, 05:17:07 pm »

Slightly past dawn, Wednesday 10th April, 1906.

Quickly build a makeshift (rope?) ladder out of the wreckage debris and climb down to Smith, using my modicum of knowledge to tend his wounds.

"Why", shouts von Fersen up to the others, "I think we might want to explore this little cave Smith was so kind as to find for us, seeming as the Norwegians might not be as friendly after all. Rank that revolutionary spirit! We should have put them in place before it became a bother. Now look! Viking anarchists at our doorstep! Why I never!"

After quickly building a makeshift rope ladder out of the debris scattering the island, von Fersen realises the urgency of the situation. A fellow gentleman is bleeding heavily! It looks for all the world as if he is about to sacrifice his smashing coat! No! Good gosh! He appears to be about to tear his finest suit into so many fine woolen bandages! Von Fersen dives head first into Smith’s rocky hole, desperate to avert this sartorial catastrophe.

Wound Acquired! Light Bleeding!

Try to stop the bleeding with my smashing coat, and get up the rope of noble von Fersen. They might not have seen me fall, though, so try to blow on bagpipes while waiting.

Aware that, in the dim light of a North Sea dawn, his companions may not have seen his unfortunate accident, Mr Smith looks about his person for something to signal for their attention. Of course! Mysterious bagpipes! Alas, for his ribs ache mightily, and he is unable to blow hard enough to produce sufficient sound to be heard over the approaching din of Viking war drums.

And so Smith – a man of action if ever there was one – decides to shrug off his musical disappointment and act! He tears off all his clothes and wraps them tightly around his face to stop the bleeding. The bleeding stops! Everything goes dark!

Suddenly something jumps onto him from above. A snake! A long, two-bodied snake with strange wooden arms; yet Smith is a wounded man: he cannot fight such a beast! He flees desperately but manfully into the darkness, tripping on a blasted rock as he narrowly escapes the very jaws of death itself.

Narrowly escapes? No! For Smith can hear the heavy footsteps and heavier breathing of the approaching snake-fiend, and scrabbles backwards in blind terror. He draws his walking bat stick! The beast is upon him!

“I saw, steady on old chap,” remarks von Fersen. “I just want to take a look at you, that was a rather nasty fall you know.”

Von Fersen manages to massage Smith’s broken rib back into place!

Ready a disc and wait for diplomacy.

Patrolling the perimeter of the strategic rocky pit whilst von Fersen descends to aid his stricken colleague, Mr Wellington prepares for the approach of the Viking’s diplomatic delegation. It is important that we exaggerate the strength of our position! he correctly surmises, I shall ready my projectiles and give a manly display of stre-arrrrghhhhhh!

“Oh. I say.” Wellington tips his hat in the direction of first one gentleman and then the other. ”Morning Smith. Von Fersen. Ah. I seem to be experiencing a mild pain in my arm. Blast.”

Wound Acquired! Fractured Left Arm!!

Offer the vikings tea.

As the Viking longboat rushes forth towards the rocky island, the intrepid Henry McGeenyton strides forth upon the stony beach to meet them. Drums beat; oars heave; a sail firmly flaps: the longboat storms through the frothy edge of the angry sea and a dozen Viking warriors leap from either side of the majestic ship into the ankle-deep spume.

Blonde braids dangling and swinging furiously beneath their steel skullcaps as they charge forward, every angry Viking is carrying a shield and gripping an axe till their knuckles whiten. Several of them have commendably impressive moustaches; but nearly all have unkempt beards. The rage of the beserker feels closer with every glance into one of their eyes. They storm ceaselessly up the beach towards McGeenyton.

“Tea, gentlemen?”

“Øh, I såy! That’s a bløødy good idea, what! Wåit. Tea?”

...   ...   ...   ...   ...   ...

A short interval of time passes; the brewed pot moves from one brave warrior to the next, spilling its precious liquid into each delicate china cup it meets. Biscuits, from somewhere, are produced. A pair of Vikings are sent back to the longboat to fetch a table and some armchairs, the better to appreciate the fine aroma of McGeenyton's finely brewed tea. A relaxed atmosphere descends upon the party. McGeenyton leans back in his armchair, a connoisseur of fine tea-based moments. His eyes begin to close. His mind begins to drift.

Suddenly he is awoken, hard! His eyelids burst apart! He is encircled by more than twenty Vikings!

They seem to be quite sweaty. Some of them seem to be shaking. They appear to be getting anxious and irritable! They... They appear to have become tea-fiends!

“Yøn tea! We require more! You vill come with us to our homelænd, and brew the tea for åll of us! Come along! Into our boat!”

The Viking horde draw their axes. They look menacingly towards McGeenyton!

Current Gentlemen
Spoiler: areyoua; Winston Smith (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Geen; Henry McGeenyton (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 03:33:52 am by lawastooshort »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Four
« Reply #636 on: February 02, 2012, 06:01:08 pm »

Umm... What do you guys think we should do? The viking would get us out of this place, but they might kill us.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 02, 2012, 07:25:39 pm »

Do I have my rocks with me?
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 03, 2012, 01:43:22 am »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 03, 2012, 02:19:36 am »

You should have hid in the cave while you had the chance :P

Now you'll just have to poison their tea. And also hope you don't get raped. Unless you want us wounded types to try a HEROIC RESCUE! For England! For Lindisfarne!
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 03, 2012, 02:39:27 am »

Quick! Hide under a bridge and stab them in the groins with a spear!...
It's historically based! It cannot fail! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 03, 2012, 09:26:17 am »

Hm... Historically based, you say?

Watching from the cave opening (his own bleeding and Mr Wellington's fractured arm would obviously have been looked over while they wre drinking tea) how his comrade's luck turn for the worse, von Fersen decides to take action! At last his ancient Norse mythology and culture studies at Uppsala University will come in handy.

"Halt! Not so fast! You haw sat at our table and drunk our tea, and are as such bound by the laws of Sacred Hospitality! Odin's wrath be upon you, nidingar! For this insult I challenge your leader to holmgång and trial by combat!"
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 03, 2012, 09:58:45 am »

Is holmgang that thing where you have to eat rotting whale and then drink mead till you are sick?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 03, 2012, 10:39:51 am »

Er, not quite... But I guess it could be, if von Fersen failed a study roll or two! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 03, 2012, 11:06:40 am »

Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50