Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74921 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 21: Smith's duel
« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2011, 08:54:44 am »

Kick the closest German back and unload my rifle on him.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 22: The Monocle Seminar
« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2011, 09:21:20 am »

Chapter Two, Part 22

10.35pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Just outside the Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

Apologize, and chastise the butler for being so late with the tea. Offer him my copy of Das Monocle Wearer. If he does anything brash, be appalled and challenge him to a cane-duel.

“Blast it Jenkins! The ruddy tea was cold! What kept you?!” McGeenyton turns back to his offended guest, “Terribly sorry old chap. Perhaps you’d care for my own personal copy of Das Monocle Wearer as a token of my shame and good will?”

The German accepts [6]! He calls over two of his comrades to sit down with him to read the latest copy and to discuss monocles! The German forces in the station are severely weakened!

10.35pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Inside the Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

Tell the caddish Germans to surrender or do dishonor to their nation. Then cave in some heads if they disagree.

Back inside the station the silly Germans believe they can beat the gentlemen in close quarters combat despite only having a nearly two to one numerical advantage.

"You dastardly bastards! The gall of you!" cries von Fersen, about to spring into action before Smith restrains him.

“Hold on,” suggests the American, “The fight is terribly uneven, I imagine we could force them to surrender. Caddish Germans!” – and here Smith turns to the enemy – “surrender or forfeit your nation’s doubtful honour! Or we shall cave in your heads!”

“Nein! We cannot go against our commander von Hubelgliffer’s dying wish! Victory or death!”

The Germans charge as one!

As they close in, Smith calls out.

“McGeenyton! I say! Be a good fellow and try and chase down that German chap, will you? Kindly leave us to our brutal deaths, King and Country comes first and all that, what!”

Alas: McGeenyton is deep in conversation and cannot hear Smith; although he has successful diverted a portion of the enemy troops! He is debating the art of monocle wearing with fully three German spies! He is more than holding is own!

10.36pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Inside the Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

As the Germans rush in, Smith engages the first to reach the encircled gentlemen: he tries to cave in his head, but slips [1] in a fit of outrage! He falls onto the floor! The German attacking him has no honour, and tries to assault the stricken man with his foot: Smith rolls to avoid his blow!

Hook curved umbladella handle around closest German's ankle and sweep him off his feet, then puncture his belly while he's on the ground.

Beside Smith von Fersen is more than ready, and hooks the handle of his umbladella around this same vile German’s ankle [1], but the ankle is extremely sturdy! Von Fersen loses his balance! He too tumbles to the ground! He is appalled!

“Bother!”

Toss top-hat in such a fashion as to make it knock the fleeing german down and then return as would a boomerang.

Behind the falling Swede and American, Mr Wellington kneels to a sharp-shooting position and tosses his top hat towards the fleeing German Ulrich [3+1]: the German inadvertently dodges the blow as he runs! The top hat swiftly returns to Wellington’s disappointed hand, expertly caught.

In the centre of the left luggage area only Wellington and “G” now remain upright, faced with an oncoming horde of five German thugs, one of whom is trying to strike poor Smith with his foot. Two more rush at Wellington; one recognises the fierce aura of a top hat fu maestro, and stops in fear to pull a revolver from his waistcoat inner pocket! He aims a shot at the Englishman: it pierces his throwing hand! The second German descends upon the wounded spy, striking at his unprotected head with a cane. The cane shatters on Wellington’s fine English forehead! The broken end flies off into the German’s eye!

Wound Acquired! Bullet hole in throwing hand!

The two other Germans unfairly gang up on “G” too: and again one of them stops to shoot, weary of the gentleman’s powerful rifle. He hits “G” in the upper left arm! It is merely a flesh wound! The surprisingly stoic European shrugs it off! The second lieutenant who wasn’t interested in McGeenyton’s monocle seminar draws his sword and engages “G”, who neatly sidesteps out of the way.

Kick the closest German back and unload my rifle on him.

“G” kicks the lieutenant back [3], earning himself enough time to bring his rifle up and fire it from the hip on full automatic. The German spy officer is shot to pieces! His chest is pierced! His liver is smashed! His kidneys are shot out! He is struck down. “G” struggles to control the mighty weapon as it shoots out shell after shell: he directs it at the man who shot him in the arm! Bullets race across his face! His brain is crushed! He falls to the ground: he is struck down!

“G” ejects the empty magazine; it chinks to the ground [6+1].

Spoiler: Rolls Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 22: The Monocle Seminar
« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2011, 09:43:40 am »

Damn those sturdy bratwurst-built German legs!
...The King must be so ashamed of us. Well, except for our German. He's doing all right. :D

Pull out that damnable Dutch dictionary and throw it onto the groin-kicker's head. It is time to finally put that thing to use.
Love, scriver~

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2011, 10:56:13 am »

Pull out that damnable Dutch dictionary and throw it onto the groin-kicker's head. It is time to finally put that thing to use.
This is just too good not to work. Just imagine how much fun foreign holidays would be if this was how you dealt with language barriers! :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2011, 11:08:00 am »

This is just too good not to work. Just imagine how much fun foreign holidays would be if this was how you dealt with language barriers! :D

My hovercraft is full of eels.

Addendum to original action: Also throw a couple of well-placed insults in Dutch; if necessary consult dictionary before throwing it to make sure grammar and affront is correct.

Love, scriver~

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 09, 2011, 03:48:18 pm »

Spin around on my back, hopefully tripping (or simply confusing) the nasty German and get back on my feet.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: November 09, 2011, 03:54:27 pm »

Parry with my other hand and kick a german in the face.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: November 09, 2011, 04:10:31 pm »

I would like to commend an excellent set of actions. If Hitty40 and Geen post an action in the next 12 hours I might be able to get another turn done tomorrow; otherwise I will do one regardless before Saturday.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2011, 06:21:34 pm »

Excuse myself, for I must assist my wounded friends. Order the butler to get them more tea.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: November 09, 2011, 08:15:37 pm »

From what I'm counting, 3 are with McGeenyton, and two have been struck down by me, leaving just 2 spies, yes?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: November 09, 2011, 10:10:07 pm »

It says so in the clarity spoiler, yeah :P
Well, also a third one that is dying.

Also Geenyton why don't you notice the one running away and capture him otherwise he'll reach the zeppelin and we'll have go after them in our own and have a zeppelin-chase through the Swiss Alps and... Wait,nevermind, that would be awesome ;D
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: November 10, 2011, 03:48:34 am »

From what I'm counting, 3 are with McGeenyton, and two have been struck down by me, leaving just 2 spies, yes?

Scriver is correct.

Friday edit:
As promised, I am going to get a turn done today. Sorry Hitty40, but it's that or wait till Monday at the earliest.

Later edit:
Also, I have a bit of a cold/tiredness problem and don't think the turn's very good today, sorry about that.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:05:14 am by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 23: The Dutch Lesson
« Reply #567 on: November 11, 2011, 06:46:49 am »

Chapter Two, Part 23

10.37pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Just outside the Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

Excuse myself, for I must assist my wounded friends. Order the butler to get them more tea.

Outside the station, McGeenyton hears the sounds of violent combat ring out from inside the Left Luggage Area, and hurriedly excuses himself. As he runs towards the muffled vulgarity of gentlemanly acceptance of pain, he tinkles his butler bell furiously to order some more tea to keep the Germans distracted. Unfortunately the butler does not arrive immediately [2], but McGeenyton’s excusing of himself is so impeccably polite [5] that the Germans feel compelled to rest awhile, and don’t pursue him into the station.

10.37pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Inside the Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

Spin around on my back, hopefully tripping (or simply confusing) the nasty German and get back on my feet.

Back inside the station, Smith swivels on his back, confusing the nasty German [3] before jumping to his feet [5], ready to more violently confront the scoundrel, no doubt.

Addendum to original action: Also throw a couple of well-placed insults in Dutch; if necessary consult dictionary before throwing it to make sure grammar and affront is correct.

“Damn your sturdy bratwurst-built German leg!” shouts von Fersen, prone on the floor. He pulls out his Dutch dictionary and hurriedly consults it, searching for the pages he had highlighted as containing the more amusing and crude words.

“Je moeder rook van vlierbessen!” cries the young Swede, flicking calmly through the pages.

“Ik laat een scheet in jouw algemene richting!” he shouts again, as he aims the weighty tome at the German groin-kicker’s head.

The Dutch dictionary connects with the German’s head with a mighty thud. He is knocked to the floor! He lies unconscious!

“Take that, je zoon van een hamster!” triumphantly shouts von Fersen, lying comfortably next to the fallen German.

Parry with my other hand and kick a german in the face.

The German who wounded Mr Wellington takes aim to shoot once more, fearful of closing with the top hat wielder: his aim is straight and true! Yet Wellington parries the bullet with his healthy hand, and rushes up to the cowardly Hun. He kicks him in the face! The German blocks, but Wellington’s foot passes straight through the poor chap’s arm. It is sliced off! It skewers the German’s head! It penetrates his brain! He is struck down!

Next to Wellington “G” angrily confronts the German with a cane jutting out of his eye. He bleeds to death! He is struck down!

10.38pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Inside the Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

McGeenyton arrives amongst his companions.

“I say chaps. Anything I can do?”

Spoiler: Rolls Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:50:01 am by lawastooshort »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 23: The Dutch Lesson
« Reply #568 on: November 11, 2011, 08:11:16 am »

"Are you all mad? The man with the briefcase is getting away! Initiate pursuit!"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 23: The Dutch Lesson
« Reply #569 on: November 11, 2011, 09:37:33 am »

"Good gracious!" Obviously, the poor German must've been very upset by von Fersen's well-smithed insults. Surely we can't just leave it at that.

Rip the last page from the dictionary, then write a formal but true-hearted letter of apology to the German, then hurry after the Ulrich Zeppeliner! (bringing the dictionary, of course.)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 50