Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74923 times)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Twenty.
« Reply #540 on: November 05, 2011, 05:44:07 pm »

Taking out his pipe, von Fersen addresses his comrades. "No doubt we all wish to take up this challenge to our honour, as gentlemen should. I thusly suggest, we draw sticks to decide who the honourable chap should be, what?"

If he himself should become the lucky one, von Fersen chooses guns, as he is the most familiar with them

"All right von Ferson, I shall relent. Luck surely is the best way to deal with this, then."

If lucky, I shall fight with my walking bat stick. He may take a sword, but my scratched stick will win me the day!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 05, 2011, 05:45:57 pm »

I'm confused. Was the stick under the foot of the German who had my rifle?

No (and sorry for the confusion). The walking bat stick flew off and bruised Wellington's foot, and then one of the Germans attacking Wellington trod on it, and then died when Smith picked it up.

The German who had your rifle still has your rifle, and is aiming it at you and von Fersen, although obviously he will probably give it back now there is a duel to be fought.

I will randomise between any gentlemen wishing to fight in a duel, and will assume it is to the death unless you state otherwise (fighting till first blood was more common it has to be said).

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 07, 2011, 06:08:00 pm »

Drink tea like a boss. And discuss the latest monocle fashion.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 21: Smith's duel
« Reply #543 on: November 08, 2011, 09:13:45 am »

Chapter Two, Part 21

10.32pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

Drink tea like a boss. And discuss the latest monocle fashion.

Whilst his companions prepare themselves for a quick duel, McGeenyton discusses the latest in monocle fashion with his new-found German acquaintance, who happens to have a copy of Das Monocle Wearer in his breast pocket, being an avid monoculist himself. Although the conversation in rather engrossing, the blasted tea takes so long to arrive it’s served cold [1]! The scandalised German rises from his chair!

“Sir! I bid you goodnight. I wouldn’t dare to serve such tea even to my mother-in-law!”

Caddishness Increased! Serving Cold Tea!

Ready my top hat just in case anyone gets hurt.

Meanwhile, back inside the train station, Mr Wellington looks on as von Fersen and Smith discuss who will have the honour of fighting the German spy von Hubelgliffer. Taking out his pipe, von Fersen addresses his comrades, and in particular the keen American Smith, who has already stepped forward.

"No doubt we all wish to take up this challenge to our honour, as gentlemen should. I thusly suggest that we draw sticks to decide who the honourable chap should be, what?"

"All right von Fersen,” agrees Smith, “Although terribly keen to honourably bash in the fellow’s head I shall relent. Luck surely is the best way to deal with this. Mr Wellington, do you have some sticks?”

Mr Wellington has some sticks! He proceeds to hold them in his fist, and the Swede and the American both draw one out.

[Stick drawing: von Fersen vs Smith: 3 vs 5! Smith wins!]

Smith’s stick is the longest! He shall have the honour of fighting for His Majesty the King!

“Good show, what! I shall fight with my walking bat stick, for my mind so equipped is sharper than any German steel! Von Hubelgliffer! Are you ready my good sir? I choose my walking bat stick, but welcome your use of a sword if that’s what you prefer. ”

…   …   …   …   …   …

10.35pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

In the crumbling ruins of the blasted left luggage area of Geneva Central Station, the American gentleman Winston Smith stands a distance of ten feet away from the leading German spy Jan-Hupel von Hubelgliffer. The pair are encircled by further gentlemen, and more than half a dozen Germans, all eagerly watching and waiting to see the fates of two nations decided by the outcome of the duel that is about to start: it has been agreed that the winner shall walk away with the dispatch case for which both spies have crossed the continent.

Von Fersen has agreed to start them off, and as he shoots a round into the ceiling the pair advance one upon the other. Smith is wielding his deadly walking bat stick; von Hubelgliffer holds before him his finely crafted German cane.

Once they close to within striking distance, von Hubelgliffer suddenly lunges forth to hit out at Smith’s face: Smith raises his walking bat stick to block! He ripostes with a crushing blow to side of the German’s head, and the German only just manages protect himself. He staggers backwards a step! Smith presses home the advantage: he aims a stunning blow to the German’s forehead. The German raises his cane to block once again, but Smith’s mighty weapon shatters straight through: he makes full contact with the German’s skull! His forehead is blasted! His skull is split! His brain is cracked! The German is astonishingly swiftly struck down!

Gentlemanliness Increased! Victor in a duel!

As he lies groaning to death on the floor, von Hubelgliffer mumbles loudly to one of the lieutenants who rush to his side.

“Did you get it? Did they get away? You must betray my honour and attack! Stop at nothing to let Ulrich escape! Get him to the Zeppelin!”

Smith has knelt to assess his unfortunate foe’s injuries, and hears these treacherous words; he looks up: he sees a German flee out of the left luggage area! He is carrying a dispatch case! The duel was merely a ruse! The seven remaining Germans attack!

“For the Kaiser!!”

Spoiler: Rolls Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part 21: Smith's duel
« Reply #544 on: November 08, 2011, 02:24:19 pm »

Do I have my rifle?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 08, 2011, 03:07:32 pm »

Yep, the kindly German gave it back.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 08, 2011, 03:47:13 pm »

Silly Germans. Surely they can't expect to win with simply an almost 2 to 1 numerical advantage in the luggage room.

Tell the caddish Germans to surrender or do dishonor to their nation. Then cave in some heads if they disagree.

I advise McGeenyton to start moving against Ulrich and not try to help us. The mission comes first!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 08, 2011, 04:06:23 pm »

That reminds me, I have to adjust the Caddishness/Gentlemanliness scores.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 08, 2011, 05:03:01 pm »

What weapons do the German spies have?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 08, 2011, 05:05:39 pm »

Their Manly Fists!

Also, if I recall, two had revolvers. From what you can see a further two have canes and two have swords (the two lieutenants). General easy to conceal stuff.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 08, 2011, 11:25:01 pm »

Apologize, and chastise the butler for being so late with the tea. Offer him my copy of Das Monocle Wearer. If he does anything brash, be appalled and challenge him to a cane-duel.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 09, 2011, 12:51:23 am »

"You dastardly bastards! The gall of you!"

Hook curved umbladella handle (Because what kind of gentleman would leave his weapon unsheated during someone elses duel?) around closest German's ankle and sweep him of his feet, then puncture his belly while he's on the ground.
Love, scriver~

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 09, 2011, 01:08:52 am »

Toss top-hat in such a fashion as to make it knock the fleeing german down and then return as would a boomerang.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 09, 2011, 05:46:11 am »

Right, just need Hitty40 to decide on an action and I can finish off the turn. A turn of multifail! And of pleasant conversation.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 09, 2011, 05:49:16 am »

Ah, that gives you time to finish Knight-turn in the meantime. Huzzah!

Also I do hope nothing explodes.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 50