Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74958 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Nineteen: Vicious Melee!
« Reply #525 on: November 03, 2011, 03:59:46 am »

Chapter Two, Part Nineteen

10.30pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

As Smith lies unconscious on the floor, the other gentlemen redouble their efforts and rush into action to save their comrade.

“G” attempts to engage the German standing above Smith in conversation: he fails! He instead decides to engage him in mortal combat! He shoulders his way through the line of German spies coming between him and Smith, and strikes the impudent fellow in the face with the butt of his rifle! His face is smashed in! He is violently struck down! It is quite an unpleasant scene!

Behind “G”, von Fersen drops his gun to the floor and pushes past the Germans’ flank, drawing his umbrella-sword as he strolls. He breaches their lines and stands before Smith’s defenseless body, standing guard against the oncoming horde: one of the enemy spies comes at him, but the valiant von Fersen is far too quick! He thrusts forwards with his umbrella-sword! He misses and stumbles! The German removes his helmet and tries to smack him about the face: He also misses and stumbles! He spiked helmet falls to the ground and shatters! One of his comrades behind him advances to engage his murderous yet noble countryman “G” and draws a revolver, but he only manages to blow a small hole in the wall behind!

“G” and von Fersen now stand near the open doorway, defending the unfortunate Smith from two incompetent German spies, but four more villainous thugs face McGeenyton and the strangely passive Mr Wellington. McGeenyton engages them with his walking gunstick, wielding it as a vicious and tastefully tartan-trimmed quarterstaff. He strikes one in the chest, and knocks him back; the Englishman strikes another on the head, and smashes his brain! His skull is bruised! His brain is severed! He is horrifically struck down! His companion seeks to gain revenge upon the mighty English warrior, and attempts to kick him hard in the groin! McGeenyton blocks with his tartan-trimmed double-barreled quarterstaff! The German’s foot is bruised!

Next to McGeenyton the other two Germans push forward to engage Mr Wellington: he parries their blows with his top hat and knocks one to the ground, but he is uninjured and quick to jump to his feet – unlike the American Smith, who, apparently  comfortable on the floor, groans a little and rolls over, trying to cuddle von Fersen’s nearby foot. He doesn’t even manage much in the way of self-reflection! Blast!

Spoiler: Rolls Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Nineteen: Vicious Melee!
« Reply #526 on: November 03, 2011, 05:26:08 pm »

You did nicely, Geen. I guess I'm gonna waitlist this. One sec.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 03, 2011, 05:31:16 pm »

Proceed to protect Smith in any way possible without the use of gunfire unless all of our companions are out of harm's way.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 03, 2011, 05:34:51 pm »

Wake up, wonder what's going on, and search for my walking bat stick.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 03, 2011, 05:52:21 pm »

Name: Juan Daniel.

Nationality: Argentine.

Relation: Although he comes form a wealthy family (A.K.A. how he got to England), he's mostly a self-made gentleman.

Skill: He is very knowledgeable in mathematics, having been well educated and taken a liking to it. +1 to things involving numerical mathematics.

Trait: Scholarly. (Not sure if I choose the trait +1, but it's +1 in learning scholarly things).

Item: Advanced Mathematics Book (Printed in Spanish). (Not asking for a bonus here, I just thought it'd stick well to his scholarly personality, in fact he's learned all of it but keeps it as a souvenir of Argentina, and since he's learned all of it, it shouldn't give a bonus.)

Bio: Born and raised in Argentine under a wealthy family, Juan Daniel was in his childhood a very curious boy. This led naturally to him being very interested in the ways of gentlemen and in school as he grew up. He found that he loved math and was especially good at it- and although this led to him being unpopular in primary and secondary schools, he found him served him very much well when he went to a prestigious college, taking all the numerical mathematics classes he could get to, attracted by his fondness to the subject. He ended up in a group of gentlemanly young men, and he learned truly the way of gentlemen (which also suited him). However, his opportunities in Argentina, when he got out of college, shrunk due to a pass of bad luck. So he decided to use the English he learned in secondary school and college and set off for England, taking only necessities and his college mathematics book as a souvenir. Looking for jobs, his exceptional skill in mathematics, his scholasticism, intelligence, and his gentle-manliness were noted, and he has now passed training in the gentleman spy corps. He's initiating as a spy.

(Hey, I have a great excuse for waiting list time! Training!)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 03, 2011, 05:54:14 pm »

Proceed to protect Smith in any way possible without the use of gunfire unless all of our companions are out of harm's way.

Heheh! Excellent use of caution sir! I'll try and get another update done tomorrow! If the actions are posted.

PS Powder Miner I'll add you.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 03, 2011, 09:28:56 pm »

^.^ ...Now to wait, studying and training.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 04, 2011, 05:32:23 am »

Regain balance, then fold up the actual umbrella-end in the helmet-less German's face, before following up with another thrust of the umbladella.

Von Fersen rolled a [1] but his umbrella-sword at least survived [4]

It wouldn't have exploded, would it..? :D
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 04, 2011, 06:24:37 am »

It wouldn't have exploded, would it..? :D

You really shouldn't give me ideas ;)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 05, 2011, 01:55:08 pm »

Hell yes! Critical hit!

Offer the German a chance to surrender and some tea. If he refuses, kill him with cane-fu.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Twenty.
« Reply #535 on: November 05, 2011, 04:44:17 pm »

Chapter Two, Part Twenty

10.31pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

As if a Viking of old defending Stamford Bridge against the avenging Saxon horde, von Fersen stands before Smith’s unconscious form keeping the onrushing Germans at bay. He regains his footing and swiftly opens his umbrella in the dehelmeted German’s face, but, unfortunately, to no effect. Mildly irritated, the valiant Swede thrusts the umbrellablade at the poor fellow’s throat! The German knocks the blow aside, throwing von Fersen to the floor! He seems to know some form of esoteric foreign martial art!

The affronted German then turns his attention to the German gentleman “G”, and boxes him about the face. He lands a blow on his chin! “G” is also knocked to the floor!

Seeing the German next to the man who knocked him down about to raise his revolver to shoot again, “G” fears for the safety of his unconscious companion, and, vowing to protect Smith in any way possible, rolls over onto his defenceless body to do so! The German unloads his revolver at the space “G” just left, peppering the floor with bullets: “G” has heroically saved both his and Smith’s lives! Invigorated with the strength of manly heroism, “G” leaps back to his feet, and smashes the German in the face with his rifle butt. The German blocks with his hands! The two men grapple together, desperately trying to wrestle the gun from the other.

The German wins! He snatches “G”’s precious rifle and smacks “G” to the ground: he aims it at his chest!

“Hände hoch!”

This loud shout and, undoubtedly, the prior impact of the fully grown “G” all but leaping onto his back, wakes Smith from his relaxing nap: he rises bewilderedly to his feet, and strolls off to search for his walking bat stick under the bemused eye of the rifle-wielding German, who is too busy pointing the rifle at “G” and von Fersen to stop the American. Smith sees his walking bat stick under the foot of one of the Germans confronting Mr Wellington, and casually walks over to pick it up. He yanks it with the terrifying force one tends to reserve for the protection of one’s loved ones: the German crashes to the ground! He lands with a tremendous impact! His liver is bruised! His spine is crushed! His brain is broken! His face is disfigured! He is struck down!

Smith takes a moment to inspect his walking bat stick for damage: there appears to be a slight scratch on one end! He suffers a brief descent into vulgarity!

“Blast!”

Thanks to Smith, there is now but one German left fighting Mr Wellington, who, having just jumped back to his feet, advances once more to engage the Englishman with his fists. He lands a blow to Wellington’s chest; he strikes at his face. Wellington takes the blow to his chest like a man and parries the strike to his face like a master of Top Hat Fu, nearly knocking the German off balance, though neither man gains the upper hand.

Next to Wellington, McGeenyton offers his German foe the chance to surrender, and to drink some tea. Although he's not terribly keen on surrender as an idea at this particular moment, he does take up the offer of a cup of tea; McGeenyton and the German wander out of the left luggage area through the blasted breach in the station wall, and McGeenyton attempts to summon a butler with a light tinkle of his bell.

“I say,” says McGeenyton, “I dare say it won't take a minute. Some gentlemen I know have noticed a marked decrease in the performance of butlers over the last few years, but mine's a marvelous chap. Now, I suppose one should find a table and chairs before he gets here, what?”

…   …   …   …   …   ...

As the melee seems to reach the beginnings of an unfortunate end, with two gentleman spies seemingly captured on the floor and another politely engaged in the consumption of tea -  although one should also point out, to the spies' advantage, there is an angry Smith on the rampage absentmindedly felling the Hun left and right -  the door through which the Germans recently burst bursts open a second time. An imposing and well dressed man strolls through, wearing a black top hat and holding an elaborately decorated cane. He is flanked by two further Germans: when he turns to look Smith recognises one of them as the shifty looking fellow he saw earlier at the station.

“Stop!” the newcomer shouts, in a naturally commanding voice. The Germans all turn to look.

“Stop! Stop this nonsense! Gentlemen,” he says, turning to the group of gentleman spies and their German foes, “This is a disgraceful scene! Surely we can settle this like gentlemen? Surely this disagreement can be settled like the men of noble birth that we are? Surely one of you would be prepared to fight me in an honourable duel to decide who makes off with the dispatch case that you surely desire as much as I? What do you say? Who amongst you is man enough to fight me one on one? You may choose any weapon you wish, I am not afraid!”

Spoiler: Rolls Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 05, 2011, 04:58:58 pm »

England expects that every man do his duty. Even American men.

Take up the challenge! We shall fight with walking bat sticks. He may take a sword, but my scratched stick will win me the day!

Pray that he is honorable.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 05:42:49 pm by areyoua »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 05, 2011, 05:30:33 pm »

Ready my top hat just in case anyone gets hurt.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 05, 2011, 05:36:21 pm »

Taking out his pipe, von Fersen addresses his comrades. "No doubt we all wish to take up this challenge to our honour, as gentlemen should. I thusly suggest, we draw sticks to decide who the honourable chap should be, what?"

If he himself should become the lucky one, von Fersen chooses guns, as he is the most familiar with them
Love, scriver~

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 05, 2011, 05:37:05 pm »

I'm confused. Was the stick under the foot of the German who had my rifle?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50