Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 75079 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Six: A Boarding Party.
« Reply #390 on: September 19, 2011, 07:26:39 pm »

It would appear you have forgotten about the alleged explosiveness of the Victorian (isn't it Edwardian anyway?) doorknob, my friend.

...Don't roll a one, is all I'm saying ;)

I do believe my +1 to damage skill will come into play.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 20, 2011, 02:26:54 am »

Also, what happens if you roll a [1] whilst holding a gun in a closed environment?

Von Fersen probably loses another eye, that's what. And that gun's pretty much a machine gun, eh. Eyepatches all round.

It would appear you have forgotten about the alleged explosiveness of the Victorian (isn't it Edwardian anyway?) doorknob, my friend.

...Don't roll a one, is all I'm saying ;)

I do believe my +1 to damage skill will come into play.

It is Edwardian, yes, although I suppose the doorknobs could be vintage (or even just five years old). The +1 damage roll bonus would come into play, so a [6] would be a [7], but a [1]'s a [1] (and an equally interesting question is what happens when you shoot a train and roll a [7]?).

Ricochet->Headshot of course.

That and your wife dies of liver failure.

Does "G" have a wife? Probably important to know before I roll the turn (that and clarification as to what you are doing, or confirmation that you do indeed intend to unload a clip into the poor door. I was going to say poor defenceless door, but that's not really true is it, it's already winning on points. Oh, and Wellington's turn is also needed).

Edit: I knew there was something else.

Well, the reason I didn't do anything about the bomb was that von Gruber probably didn't yell loud enough for me to hear him about his bomb. More on topic, I wonder if I should just keep drinking tea...

No, I know you didn't (probably) hear, and I am glad of the good roleplaying, and that's why I wrote up the "wondering to himself" bit. If you had reacted to it, something bad would have probably happened.

re: drinking tea - I can't at the moment think of many terribly bad things that could happen as a result of drinking tea, so I guess it would be a safe and gentlemanly option. I am now thinking of catastrophic tea-related [1] results though.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 04:11:16 am by lawastooshort »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 20, 2011, 04:55:08 am »

It is Edwardian, yes, although I suppose the doorknobs could be vintage (or even just five years old). The +1 damage roll bonus would come into play, so a [6] would be a [7], but a [1]'s a [1] (and an equally interesting question is what happens when you shoot a train and roll a [7]?).
The train falls over and dies, he gets to pose on the cover of Gentleman Hunter's Weekly? In that one feet on the prey stance, of course, and surrounded by his Native guides grumpy French farmers.

Anyway, I'm just happy I got my English Eras straight.

re: drinking tea - I can't at the moment think of many terribly bad things that could happen as a result of drinking tea, so I guess it would be a safe and gentlemanly option. I am now thinking of catastrophic tea-related [1] results though.
Can't Hold His Tea (-1 to Bladder)?
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 20, 2011, 05:05:02 am »

The train falls over and dies, he gets to pose on the cover of Gentleman Hunter's Weekly? In that one feet on the prey stance, of course, and surrounded by his Native guides grumpy French farmers.

You'd frame that cover and put it over your mantlepiece at home. My word. It would be catastrophic though, player-list-wise.

Anyway, I'm just happy I got my English Eras straight.

You wouldn't believe how close I was to googling to find out what an eras was.

Can't Hold His Tea (-1 to Bladder)?

God. That would be horrible, and would probably lead to the first actual loss of Gentlemanliness points. Hmmm...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: September 20, 2011, 06:34:01 am »

Does "G" have a wife? Probably important to know before I roll the turn (that and clarification as to what you are doing, or confirmation that you do indeed intend to unload a clip into the poor door.
He will have one when (and until) he rolls a one.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 20, 2011, 08:07:59 am »

Beat the door with the stock of my rifle(A.K.A the other end where you lay your head)
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 20, 2011, 09:23:55 am »

Ok, all but DBZ's turn rolled and written (pending DBZ enforced changes :) ). I have PMed him.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:37:13 am by lawastooshort »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 21, 2011, 08:58:20 am »

Stay quiet looking... German? Can't (EDIT) bold because I'm on a phone.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 03:50:54 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 21, 2011, 09:16:42 am »

That's ok, no bolting is required!

I'll get the turn done.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Seven
« Reply #399 on: September 21, 2011, 09:29:54 am »

Chapter Two, Part Seven

Decide to quit never start smoking.

Then decide to investigate the zeppelin that appeared over the train for no reason

Also, if I heard the guy's question: "Jawohl, sie sind alle ausser Gefecht gesetzt!"

Finishing his contemplation in the wilderness between carriages two and three, Link has a profound intimation that smoking could be harmful to his health, and vows not to commence [2]. Inserting a cigarette into his holder, he deftly lights one that he takes from his slim silver case and strolls down the carriage, thinking that he should investigate the enormous Zeppelin looming over the train and now illuminating it.

As he exits the far end of carriage four, smoke trailing behind him, he faintly hears a German voice cry out in the night [4] and decides to exercise his skills in cunning subterfuge.

"Jawohl, sie sind alle ausser Gefecht gesetzt!"

As a distinct taste of porridge comes to his mind, he throws his cigarette away, but can’t seem to help himself immediately reach for another.

Excuse myself from the Germans discussing Elk to prevent self from making even more mistakes, and tap the door four times with my walking bat stick, once in each corner, and have it magically open. If that doesn't work, which it might, you never know, ask the Germans assistance in knocking it down.

Back in the tea room, Smith feels that perhaps there are more important things in the course of espionage than having one’s third cup of tea in quick succession, and determines that the time for action has arrived, just as “G” gets up purposefully grasping his trusty rifle. To the amazement of the gathered Germans, and to the disappointment of the slightly slower “G” in particular, Smith takes his walking bat stick, taps the door four times with it, once in each corner, and then calmly and gently turns the doorknob.

It opens [5+1].

Beat the door with the stock of my rifle.

As he follows Smith out of the tea wagon, turning to look quizzically at the opened door and, in his mind’s eye, vigorously shake his rifle butt at it in disgust, “G” sees Henry McGeenyton rush past into the room that “G” and Smith have just left.

Search for tea, and any more bombs. But tea first.

McGeenyton sits down at a table in a comfortable armchair, nods politely to the two Germans, and signals for a butler to come over with some tea. As he sips in his remarkably refined way [4], his thoughts turn to the question of bombs, and, in particular, whether there might not be any more on board the train somewhere. It wouldn’t do to rush one’s tea, however, so he appreciatively finishes the cup before deciding to get to his feet and return to action. A true master of espionage, he thinks to himself, plans sufficiently well to ensure that ungentlemanly rushing about is rarely required. He considers requesting a second cup.

Leave the shouting back to Wellington, seeming as he is the more convincing gentlemen (or Link if he can be hear) unt keep up der geklimbing opp die laddern.

Back in the air above the train, as von Fersen looks back up the rope he hears the Germanicly disguised voice of his comrade Mr Link float up into the air past him [5].

"Jawohl, sie sind alle ausser Gefecht gesetzt!"

“Ah, sehr gut! Haben wir einige recht gute Tea brauen! und Biscuits!  Come on up!“

The reply is shouted down by the man peering over the basket’s parapet, and as he finishes he withdraws back over, keen to get sheltered from the wind. Von Fersen hears indistinguishable conversation continue in the wicker basket, muted by the breeze and the noise of the two great machines in the night.

He carries on climbing up the rope ladder, until he reaches the basket, and clambers gracefully over the sides [3+1]. Three men turn to face him; the pilot, shoulders hunched in the effort of keeping the course steady, doesn’t turn from his vast mariner’s wheel at the fore of the basket.

Stay quiet looking... German?

As von Fersen is about to extend his hand in a polite greeting, Wellington silently climbs up over the side and joins him in the basket.

The Germans look visibly surprised at seeing such an obviously English gentleman board their Zeppelin [2].

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Seven
« Reply #400 on: September 21, 2011, 09:33:21 am »

Find out that I have, in fact, no other cigarettes or any other tobacco-based objects on my person. Crave porridge.
Then go where that voice actually came from.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

The German voice? It came from the zeppelin.

edit:
Point umbrella at one Prussian and the revolver at another.
"Ah, gentlemen, let me introduce myself - I am August von Fersen, and this is my friend and colleague, mr Wellington. A pleasure to meet you. Now, I do believe I recall a promise of Tea and Biscuits?"
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 02:11:17 pm by scriver »
Love, scriver~

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess the zeppelin's gone by now, and I wouldn't know about it anyway, but there is still work that I can do!

Go back to my quarters and blow on the bagpipes. Again.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile

Twirl my hat around with my finger.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile

Search around, and have another cup of tea.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 50