Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 75132 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Four
« Reply #360 on: September 18, 2011, 02:58:27 pm »

To the incapacitate or surrender

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Five
« Reply #361 on: September 18, 2011, 04:11:19 pm »

Chapter Two, Part Five

Become confused at the continental Europeans' mentions of elk as there are no real elk in Europe, only rather large moose called as such. Realize what they mean, and regale them with stories of the similar, but superior real elk from America.

Sitting in the exclusive tea wagon with "G" and the two other Germans, Smith listens to their enthusiastic conversation about the regal elk with some consternation and considerable confusion. He decides to interject, convinced that these Europeans have committed an incredible error, and hoping to illuminate for them the unfortunate path upon which they have erred [2-1 Fallible Pedantry penalty -1 Wikipedia penalty].

"I say," he begins, "ah, hold on a second. Bother."

The Germans look on in astonishment.

Trait Gained! Not a Zoologist! (-1 to Zoology rolls)

Kindly excuse myself from our tea drinking party, walk out of carrige 1, and begin chase.

Somewhat embarrassed by Smith's lack of knowledge in the field of Elk appreciation, "G" finishes his tea, makes his excuses, and rises to leave. He strolls gentlemanneryly towards the exclusive tea wagon's door and pushes it purposefully hard to open it [1]. It opens with considerable force and swings back in his face! It renders him unconscious! "G" falls to the floor with a thud, and Smith's horrendous faux pas is quietly and quickly forgotten.

Keep going.

Apologize to link before peeking over the roof edge to watch.

Link recovers manfully from his dazing brush with the door and carries on down the next carriage's corridor [5]. He catches up with Wellington, who turns to him to apologise for the unfortunate accident, before getting a good position in which to watch the unfolding confrontation on the carriage's roof [4]. Link climbs up for a good view beside him.

Point sword at Gruber and compliment his eyepatch. Offer him a chance to surrender, while holding pipe, rather than have us do ungentlemanly amounts of injury upon him. Mention that I would under normal circumstances challenge him to a duel on the train roof, though unfortunately it seems Wellington and another German has already prepared himself for one such fight and it would be horribly rude of me to cheapen their bravado by imitating them. Of course, were von Gruben to insist, I wouldn't be able to deny him the honour.

All in attempted German.

On top of the southernmost train carriage, von Fersen and von Gruber are face to face. The Swede compliments the German's eyepatch, developing, as he is, a connoisseur's appreciation of the finer art of eyepatchery. The German snorts a non-committal reply, whereupon von Fersen asks for his surrender [3+1 pipe bonus]

"Surrender? Never! What is the English pigdog expression? Testicles? Bah well! Zat is mein answer! Testicles! En garde! Consider this a request for a duel!"

Von Fersen can hardly refuse.

The air itself is audibly sliced as the Swede draws his British Government engineered Umbrella-Sword; with an evil laugh von Gruber reaches into his evening jacket and retrieves a large and powerful looking revolver.

"Ahahahahaha! You thought you would stop me that easily! Ahahahahaha! We will be passing under my Zeppelin in mere minutes - I have only to kill you and I will be free!"

He turns to look over his shoulder and as he does so von Fersen realises the train is rushing due south to a point where it should, in a few minutes, pass under the spot where a presumably German airship is floating above the rails.

"You fiendish cad," he remarks. "This, sir, is not on." The German turns back to face him, and cocks his gun.

"Ahahahahah," he begins, "you Englishers always fall for this trick! Ahahahahah! You and your silly gentlemanlylike ways!"

Gentlemanliness Increased! Fighting a duel!

Fight some then get down, as at this point there is always a tunnel or something like that.

A carriage further to the north, McGeenyton is facing the apologetic German armed with a rapier. The freezing wind rushes past them as both men advance to within striking distance, only too aware that room for manoeuvre is limited on the cold, unsteady carriage roof; there'll be no dramatic circling this night.

The German strikes first; wanting to sidestep to avoid the blow McGeenyton nearly slips and loses his balance, falling slightly back. As the German rains down a second strike, McGeenyton manages neatly to parry the blow with his blade forcefully enough to push the German back a short distance. He steadies himself.

The Englishman moves forwards and aims a blow at the German; the blow is a feeble one! His adversary catches the rapier with his own; steel slides down steel and with a flick of the German's wrist McGeenyton is disarmed! The sword goes flying off into the night sky.

As McGeenyton backs away and the German advances, the Englishman's mind is suddenly filled with visions. Despite his not having been there, his mind is flooded with memories of Corunna; with flashes from Quatre Bras; tales of heroism from the Crimea; legends and myths from the misty beginnings of time in the rain-sodden mountains. His spirit is taken over with explosions of images he has never seen or imagined, from places far away, and as the German advances upon him and strikes his rapier towards his heart, in a fit of tartan wrath the Englishman captures the blade between his two bare hands and in a single fluid movement turns the rapier and thrusts it full into the German's heart.

The German falls; McGeenyton, seemingly exhausted, collapses to his knees. His hand fumbles about in his evening jacket pockets, searching blindly for his hip flask of fine vintage brandy.

"I say, " he says, as he stumbles forwards upon the carriage roof. "How very strange."

Gentlemanliness Increased! Fighting another duel!
Gentlemanliness Increased! Winning another duel!

Some fifty feet further south, von Gruber is still laughing at his impending and cunning victory.

"Foolish, foolish Englisher! Ahaha! I hope you have written a last vill and testament! Ahahah!"

He raises his revolver to aim, he prepares his finger to squeeze, at which point a surprised and bewildered expression crosses his venally featured face. The revolver falls to his side; his gaze drops to the floor; his hands come up to his chest and, specifically, the thrown Umbrella-Sword protruding from it.

"Swedisher, schweinhund," corrects von Fersen, as the German topples over.

Gentlemanliness Increased! Winning a duel!

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Five: Dual Duelling
« Reply #362 on: September 18, 2011, 04:30:22 pm »

My, my. What amazing luck on the roof mixed with some quite awful performances inside.

Help "G" up, wait for the Gentlemen on the roof to remember von Gruber's mentioning of A BOMB IN THE TRAIN and for them to tell me about that...

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 18, 2011, 04:45:02 pm »

Bomb? When did he mention a bomb?
Love, scriver~

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Three
« Reply #364 on: September 18, 2011, 04:50:33 pm »

Chapter Two, Part Three

“He is doing das bluffing! Men, get them! You English pigdogs Englishers, you may stop me, but you vill not stop the bomb on the train! You will not get to Geneva alive! Ahahahah!”

I'll admit that he could also be bluffing, though.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 04:53:44 pm by areyoua »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 18, 2011, 04:51:06 pm »

Offer to board the airship and attempt to subdue the crew.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 18, 2011, 08:08:39 pm »

Ah. The bare-handed blade catch. common to all 500 school of Japanese kenjutsu and English fencing. Not availible to Martial Arts.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 18, 2011, 09:20:07 pm »

After Smith helps me up...

"Well, that was...painful. Now, if you excuse me, I must go see what I can do about this bump on my head..."

But instead ignore it like a gentleman and start up the chase with me and my trusty rifle.

Also, open the door normally instead of wildly.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 18, 2011, 10:02:50 pm »

Take a sip of my brandy, and swing through the window into the train, and search for the bomb.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 19, 2011, 02:18:06 am »

My, my. What amazing luck on the roof mixed with some quite awful performances inside.

Well, before skilfully recovering, McGeenyton had quite a severely bad couple of rolls to get disarmed, I have to say. But yes, the tea wagon was not exactly a field of shining glory.

Offer to board the airship and attempt to subdue the crew.

swing through the window into the train

The train certainly seems to be bringing the inner James Bond Spy to the fore. Very good.

and start up the chase with me and my trusty rifle.

The chase after what? Zeppelin, bomb, or corpses? Just want to clarify.

Edit: also, just waiting for Darvi and scriver. I might be able to get another turn done today.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 02:57:13 am by lawastooshort »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 19, 2011, 04:59:39 am »

Accept apology, say that it wasn't needed as he did it by accident while defending the crown.

In the meanwhile, where'd Gruber go? Find that out.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 19, 2011, 05:37:08 am »

In the meanwhile, where'd Gruber go? Find that out.

August scriver von Fersen threw an umbrella-sword through his chest.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 19, 2011, 05:42:15 am »

Ah? Well then.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2011, 05:49:52 am »

He's still on the roof of carriage 3 though, if you're interested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 19, 2011, 05:56:59 am »

He might have something valuable in his pockets!!! A silver stopwatch?! A map to treasure?! A dragon ball?!!
Who cares! Loot the Bodiiiiies!

...Wait. That would be ungentlemanly. Dang. Anyhow, I'll go back to watching this now. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 50