Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 75125 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Three
« Reply #330 on: September 16, 2011, 01:34:51 pm »

Just how close are the Germans to me?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:39 pm »

Close neough to breathe down your neck.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 16, 2011, 01:42:23 pm »

4-5 feet, i.e. a step and an umbrella's length away.

Edit: or yeah, like Darvi says, if you prefer ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:45:02 pm by lawastooshort »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 16, 2011, 01:47:21 pm »

Quickly aim my Mondragon rifle at one of the Germans.

And again in native tounge:
"Now now, no need for this child's play. Can't we settle this over some tea and stories of the Elk?"

If they refuse, a good warning to shot to the German we are aiming at's leg may convince them.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 16, 2011, 02:58:19 pm »

Get up, hopefully with grace after my dazing, and stand behind "G" with walking bat stick in hand in a menacing fashion. If they insist on taking Poland attacking, wait until Pearl Harbor, remember the time period do as Americans do and join in the battle at a crucial time.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 16, 2011, 05:16:11 pm »

Removed because of stupidity.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 16, 2011, 05:32:13 pm »

Sir, please don't let that stop you, if it was an action.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 16, 2011, 06:21:52 pm »

Sir, please don't let that stop you, if it was an action.

Already put my action in, I was about to say something idiotic.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 16, 2011, 08:56:42 pm »

Tear the german off of Geen, scold him for his outrageous behavior, and run after the head German.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:25 pm »

Draw my sword and challenge this German scum to a duel.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Four
« Reply #340 on: September 17, 2011, 08:30:11 am »

Chapter Two, Part Four

oh wait I know - I climb out the window and onto the roof, and try to make it to one of those intersections between train-bodies! Use sword-umbrella as a balance-keeping staff.

Not keen on damaging the private property of the train door any further, von Fersen turns and leans against it, pausing for inspiration. Aha! He spots the window with night time France rushing past, and concludes that the only sensible option is to exit the sleeping cabin via the aforementioned blasted thing. He crosses the cabin and slides it upwards [4].

The cold air hits von Fersen like a god of the north as he sticks his head out the open window. Without checking to see if there are any approaching tunnels or other dangers, he leaps out the window like a pouncing leopard climbs out eagerly like a hungry Scandinavian squirrel, pulling himself onto the roof with one hand and clutching his faithful umbrella-sword in the other [6]. He stands up on the roof only to see a tunnel heading rapidly his way!

He ducks in time [5] and finds himself crawling forwards on hands and knees in the freezing dark on a train hurtling across deepest France!

Gentlemanliness Increased! Espionage Pro!

Quickly aim my Mondragon rifle at one of the Germans.

And again in native tounge:
"Now now, no need for this child's play. Can't we settle this over some tea and stories of the Elk?"

If they refuse, a good warning to shot to the German we are aiming at's leg may convince them.

Get up, hopefully with grace after my dazing, and stand behind "G" with walking bat stick in hand in a menacing fashion. If they insist on taking Poland attacking, wait until Pearl Harbor, remember the time period do as Americans do and join in the battle at a crucial time.

Backed up by a Winston Smith who has gracefully and gentlemanly risen to his feet [5], "G" quickly ducks back behind his cabin door to retrieve his rifle and, aiming it squarely at the lead German, asks them again what is going on - surely this could be resolved over some tea? They look doubtful, but then the brave German lands the killer blow.

"And stories of the Elk?" [4+1+1 (Aided) +1 (Elk bonus)]

Pursue the fugitive commander.

The German pair lay down their umbrellas and shake hands with "G" and Smith, and small talk convivially and naturally develops between the four men as they decide to head off to wake up the butler in the tea wagon. A more gentlemanly scene would never have been seen, if it wasn't for the impatient John Link trying desperately to pursue the Germans' commander, escaping further along down the corridor [2]. Alas, by the time the tea-seeking foursome depart and Link can pass them, von Gruber has scarpered and slammed shut the wagon door at the end of the corridor, having just enough time to turn and bolt it closed.

Tear the german off of Geen, scold him for his outrageous behavior, and run after the head German.

The eyepatch-brandishing Germanic fiend cannot escape all of our gentlemen spies however! William Wellington, one of two renowned duellists in the sleeping cabin von Gruber has just heroically fled, tears the surviving henchman off his companion McGeenyton [3], hastily offers a disparaging remark on the appropriateness of his behaviour [3], and tears out of the cabin in a manner akin to that of the hunted hare!

Forcing open the door separating the two train wagons with his top hat, Wellington is in hot pursuit of the fiendish and impolite von Gruber - in such a rush in fact [6] that the door swings shut after him with a force that dazes the closely following Link when it smacks him on his noble brow!

Draw my sword and challenge this German scum to a duel.

In the room where Wellington has left a solitary and unfortunate German with McGeenyton, this latter gentleman speaks [4].

"Care for a duel, kind sir?"

It is an offer the German cannot refuse, for he is an honourable man.

As the challengee, the German has the right to choose the place and the weapons for the fight; this is why, two minutes later, McGeenyton finds himself clambering up the outside of a train wagon in the dead of the cold French night holding a rapier, as he and the German get to their positions atop the speeding train to fight a duel.

Von Gruber slams shut the door behind him at the opposite end of the wagon to where McGeenyton and his henchman are just about to exit for more honourable purposes than mere fleeing and hurriedly traverses the next wagon. Wellington is in hot pursuit, and the dazed Link mere seconds behind, as von Gruber leaves this second wagon, opens the far door in great haste, and surveys the situation for the briefest of moments.

He leaps onto the intersection between this carriage and the next and instinctively ducks from the whooshing sound the train makes as it enters a short tunnel. Everything goes black but for the reflected lights of the train corridors whizzing past in the night and then all of a sudden the air turns fresher again and the train is out under the night sky. The German checks the door window behind to see that Wellington is not too close, and then jumps to reach the train roof and haul himself up. He clambers to his feet, and comes face to face with von Fersen.

“En garde!”

Having crawled across the sleeping wagon and leapt across the looming gap between the two train carriages, the Swede is ready for him as he stands. Behind von Gruber a great looming shape drifts across the half moon in the distance.

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 17, 2011, 08:42:50 am »

Become confused at the continental Europeans' mentions of elk as there are no real elk in Europe, only rather large moose called as such. Realize what they mean, and regale them with stories of the similar, but superior real elk from America.

Only now do I notice,

Hope they speak English.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 17, 2011, 08:57:35 am »

Keep going.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 17, 2011, 09:44:37 am »

Point sword at Gruber and compliment his eyepatch. Offer him a chance to surrender, while holding pipe, rather than have us do ungentlemanly amounts of injury upon him. Mention that I would under normal circumstances challenge him to a duel on the train roof, though unfortunately it seems Wellington and another German has already prepared himself for one such fight and it would be horribly rude of me to cheapen their bravado by imitating them. Of course, were von Gruben to insist, I wouldn't be able to deny him the honour.

All in attempted German.

Become confused at the continental Europeans' mentions of elk as there are no real elk in Europe, only rather large moose called as such. Realize what they mean, and regale them with stories of the similar, but superior real elk from America.
What you call "moose" is called elk in Europe. And, by rule of kindergarten law, our elk is the real elk because we had the word first :P

also: Holy shit my bad luck receded! But just because I said that I'll probably roll a 1 next and get hit in the back by another tunnel. Most likely causing it to promptly explode.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:46:42 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2011, 09:50:00 am »

Your back or the tunnel?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50