Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 75107 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part One
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2011, 05:46:03 am »

It was late when I typed it up. Changed it for you.
Nooooooo!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2011, 06:24:42 am »

It was late when I typed it up. Changed it for you.
Nooooooo!

Er. Want it changed back?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 14, 2011, 06:25:45 am »

No I was just being overly dramatic.

However I cannot tell if that sentence right now was snarkastic or not.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 14, 2011, 06:35:23 am »

No it wasn't, it was a genuine moment of pre-lunch confusion.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 14, 2011, 06:43:26 am »

I was talking about my own sentence in the very same post.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 14, 2011, 06:47:52 am »

a-nother genuine moment of pre-lunch confusion.

Anyway. Do you have an action?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:21:36 am by lawastooshort »

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2011, 08:06:39 am »

wake up and act normal. Take a sip, eat...something. A biscuit is preferred, and keep your rifle hidden and ready to be grabbed just in case.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 05:07:12 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 14, 2011, 02:50:54 pm »

Good time to have rather loud bagpipes, no? Er, I mean, "Non?" Better get into French now, before it's too late.

Blow on bagpipes to rouse any assistance that is still sleeping after the commotion, then grab my Walking Bat Stick and prepare for battle.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 14, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »

Let the Germans proceed while sitting down. Then, calmly stand and ask what the ruckus was about.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 14, 2011, 04:27:41 pm »

Sneak outside. Offer the Germans some cookies.

In the face.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 14, 2011, 05:04:45 pm »

Prepare my cane gun, tell them to put their hands up.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Two
« Reply #311 on: September 15, 2011, 03:44:10 am »

Chapter Two, Part Two

"What is this caddish behaviour, waking us up in the middle of the night? Such dishonour, interrupting our well needed gentlemen's slumber."

Arm myself with umbrella-sword and leave the cabin. If there is not Germans in the corridor (I guess you could call it that?), go into the other cabins and wake up fellow agents.

"Hurry, Mr Link, before the Germans locate us."

Von Fersen jumps out of bed in his night-robe and sleep-cap with a pipe in his mouth [5] in the northernmost cabin, thinking to warn his fellow gentlemen of the potential danger. He locates his umbrella-sword and tries to unlock the door and leave the cabin [1]. The doorknob falls off in his hand!

Item Acquired! Brass Doorknob!

Von Fersen turns round in confused despair.

"Hurry, Mr Link, before the Germans locate us." But Mr Link appears to have left the room. That man truly possesses the stealthiness of the Belgian Ox!

Blow on bagpipes to rouse any assistance that is still sleeping after the commotion, then grab my Walking Bat Stick and prepare for battle.

Smith wakes up in the middle cabin with Link's cry of alarm coming from next door, and his first thought is to blow on his bagpipes as hard as he can, but he obviously hasn't quite mastered the technique, and barely a strangled cat's whisper comes out [2]. Sighing a resigned sigh, he grabs his walking bat stick with the air of a clearly determined gentleman. He readies himself by the door.

Wake up to the sound of the noise, grab my rifle, check if it's loaded, load if needed, and raise hell take cover.

In the same cabin “G” wakes up correctly attired upon hearing a great commotion outside his door, grabs his loaded rifle and readies himself for action taking cover in the doorway of the en-suite bathroom [4].

Let the Germans proceed while sitting down. Then, calmly stand and ask what the ruckus was about.

In the southernmost cabin he is sharing with McGeenyton, Wellington calmly sits up in bed, puts on and adjusts his top hat, and waits.

Prepare my cane gun, tell them to put their hands up.

With a polite knock and a less polite thrust of the door, Germans burst into Wellington and McGeenyton’s sleeping cabin! McGeenyton fumbles about with his double barrelled cane gun [1+1]. He manages to get it ready as they enter and avoid any accidents, but is too flustered to threaten the cads.

An officious looking German gentleman with an eye patch ushers two men into the cabin before him and then demands, in English:

“Aha! You are the English pigdogs er I mean spies, are you not! Admit it, and we shall merely arrest you. Resist, and we shall be having der fisticuffs!”

Unflustered, unlike his perhaps less debonair but no less gentlemanly companion McGeenyton who is clearly too offended by this display to retain his calm, Wellington nonchalantly stands up from his bed and asks, in a commanding and British voice,

“What the bloody hell is the meaning of this intrusion? This kind of noise at around 3.13 in the morning is entirely unacceptable! I demand an apology! [1+1]”

The colour of the German’s face deepens to a dark red as his voice becomes high pitched with anger. His voice pierces the air throughout the entire train wagon.

“An apology? Never! Arrest these men!”

The two henchmen on either side of him rush forward to subdue Wellington and McGeenyton as, unseen in the corridor behind, two of the half dozen or so noisy Germans accompanying the German gentleman fall to the ground, clasping their throats as a biscuit flies past in the night [6].

Sneak outside. Offer the Germans some cookies.

In the face.

Having, in a stroke of good fortune, managed to exit the cabin before von Fersen locked himself in, Mr Link is standing at the end of the corridor, facing down the group of Germans armed with a hidden biscuit.

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 06:58:50 am by lawastooshort »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 15, 2011, 06:35:04 am »

"Guten Tag Freundliche Grüße die Herren. Machen Sie auch einen Mitternachtsspaziergang?"

If they attack me against any common sense, force feed them with pastry.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 07:20:22 am by Darvi »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 15, 2011, 06:52:44 am »

This bad luck is getting tiresome. On the other side, I guess I should be happy the doorknob didn't explode in my face ;)

Also, what's this about fully clothed? I imagined him fighting Germans in his night-robe and sleep-cap. With a pipe in his mouth.

Attempt to break door open with bodily force. I'll have to remember to leave a note of apology for the broken furniture later, and leave informations as to where they can get in touch with me for reimbursement.

Also I just realised we forgot about our German prisoner who I left tied up in the ditch. Dammit, I promised myself I wouldn't do that. Alas, poor von Deutschenmann! He never got to receive that Elk curio I promised him.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 15, 2011, 07:02:21 am »

1 This bad luck is getting tiresome. On the other side, I guess I should be happy the doorknob didn't explode in my face ;)

2 Also, what's this about fully clothed? I imagined him fighting Germans in his night-robe and sleep-cap. With a pipe in his mouth.

3 Also I just realised we forgot about our German prisoner who I left tied up in the ditch. Dammit, I promised myself I wouldn't do that. Alas, poor von Deutschenmann! He never got to receive that Elk curio I promised him.

1 - Ooh, don't give me ideas. Edwardian furniture is prone to bouts of explosion. Hmm.

2 - Fixed that.

3 - Ah, damn. I forgot too. I'm sure he'll be ok, we can go look for him on your return from Switzerland.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50