Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74890 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Prologue Part Three
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »

That was quick - if DBZ and Darvi post by (my) tomorrow morning, I will get the next turn up over my morning cup of tea, and if the dice are kind we may get to Chapter One. Or at least Prologue Part Five.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2011, 05:23:16 pm »

Fold my top hat into a rigid disk and attempt to take out the capable German with a quick blow to the temple. Then help the downed German up before smothering this one with my top hat as well.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2011, 05:33:36 am »

Shove the barrel aside and punch the german in the chest. A throatpunch or groinkick would certainly be more effective, but extremely tasteless.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Prologue Part Four
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2011, 05:55:48 am »

Prologue Part Four

Battle rages throughout Sir William Melville’s Oxford Street Quarters. The Germans seem to have annexed the hallway; the English forces in the study are terribly outnumbered. But it seems that the gentlemen have turned the tide, and the drawing room is, albeit ablaze, coming under their control. But at what cost?

Get off my bottom, grab the gun, and shoot the German trying to take John Link's soul. If I can see him, that is. I think he might be in another room, so in that case, just try to grab the gun again and shoot the nearest German.

Hold on, I've only my left hand to do it what if I roll a 1?

Winston Smith sees the German threatening Link's very soul. He tries [1] to get up to assist his new found comrade in gentlemanship. He absent-mindedly attempts to support himself with his gashed arm! He falls back down! His head is bruised! It affects his vision!

Grab monocle, shoot the german, and run walk gentlemanly like hell.

Henry McGeenyton [6+1] swiftly grabs his monocle and expertly puts it into place, temporarily aiding his sight as he [3+1] shoots the German! The German suffers a flesh wound to his arm! He drops his weapon! He offers his surrender!

In the study, Mr Wellington is locked in mortal combat with the German former chess player.

Fold my top hat into a rigid disk and attempt to take out the capable German with a quick blow to the temple. Then help the downed German up before smothering this one with my top hat as well.

He just manages to fold his top hat into a lethal weapon before [6] splitting his skull with the resulting top hat-ogami! The German is taken out! The body drops instantly with a loud thud.

Experience Acquired! You have gained further experience in the esoteric arts of the top hat.

Item Acquired! Your top hat is now a crumpled top hat.

Take off jacket, it is time to get serious (and we don't want to wrinkle it, of course - that would hardly be proper). Rush to the aid of my fellow gentleman Wellington, and land a furious hail of umbrella and hot iron on his assailant!

Realising that Wellington went alone into the study with three Germans, von Fersen deduces that he could be in mortal peril. If he were, obviously he wouldn't be so ungentlemanly as to call out, so the Swede removes his jacket, carefully hands it to a passing butler, and rushes into the study.

He is just in time to see Mr Wellington help the last German in the study to his feet, but the German is a cad! He attempts to strike at Mr Wellington, but with such limited success that the Englishman dodges the blow easily.

Mildly enraged, Von Fersen instinctively strikes a blow on the German with the [2] clearly poorly weighted hot iron! He misses, but [5] he is able to follow this up with a murderous  attack with his umbrella which his foe is unable to dodge. This flatfootedness proves to be his undoing. The umbrella pierces his chest! He is run through! Even a Guardsman could see that he has passed away!

“I say,” declares von Fersen in the vernacular of the English gentry whilst shaking the German off the end of his umbrella, “they don’t like it through ‘em, these Germans, do they! I must congratulate you on your level-headed gentlemanliness on helping that poor fellow to his feet. I’m not entirely sure I would have had the presence of mind to do the same.”

Mr Wellington: Gentlemanliness Increased! Decorum before personal safety!

Shove the barrel aside and punch the german in the chest. A throatpunch or groinkick would certainly be more effective, but extremely tasteless.

Back outside in the hallway, the prostrate Link [5] thrusts aside the menacing barrel, and leaps to his feet in a single swift movement. In a flash, his hands form a manly fist, and he lands a punch on the German’s chest. He is lightly dazed!

Gentlemanliness Increased! Showing Honour And Restraint In The Face Of Caddish Danger!

Kill the German attacking my fellow gentleman Link

Noticing the failure of Smith to come to the rescue of the prostrate John Link, Wallace, with no thought of his honour or safety and unaware that Link has in fact managed to resist with considerable gallantry, violently assaults the shotgun-wielding German from behind with his mighty claymore [5]. Lightly dazed and unable to dodge, he is split from head to toe. He is struck down! There is a blood spatter upon the carpet!

Gentlemanliness Decreased! The man violently attacked another from behind!
Gentlemanliness Increased! The fellow saved another gentleman!

There is a single German left in the drawing room, and he is unarmed. He looks around uncertainly. Behind him he sees his leader, cleft into two parts. He sees the Englishman and the Swede exiting the adjacent study, dusting off their clothing. He sees a butler sweeping up the broken glass behind Melville’s imposing desk, and he sees a second butler extinguishing the fire that was burning from floor to ceiling. As he finishes his survey of the room he realizes Sir William Melville is aiming his revolver directly at him, his cigar in the corner of his mouth.

“I think you might do well to offer your surrender sir”

Sir William, with his left hand, tinkles his little bell, and shortly another butler arrives to take care of the two prisoners. The fight is over.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter One
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:07 am »

Chapter One

11.04pm, Thursday 17th, January, 1906.

A comfortable but rather untidy drawing room with a broken bookshelf, a shattered sash window, and the smouldering remains of some rather expensive curtains, 4, Oxford Street, London.

The smoke clears, reminding Sir Melville to take a puff on his cigar. He straightens his tie. The smoke rises.

“There isn’t a minute to lose! You must leave immediately, and stop the scoundrel von Junker! He clearly knows that he is uncovered. You may keep the side arms if you wish, and anything else that you feel you may need. Be assured that you will have the full backing of the Admiralty. Do not fail! Do whatever is necessary! Be discreet, and be gentlemanly! You are the beacons of the Empire in the dingy and ill kempt morass that is the Continent!”

Mini-aside edit - I don't know if you want to equip anything / formulate a plan etc.

[GM aside] – whether you choose to act as a group, various small groups, or as individuals, I don’t really mind (obviously some choices may require me to type more and update more slowly, but don’t let that stop you doing what you feel best. If those blueprints reach Berlin the British Empire will in all likelihood fall. The new world will have no place for Proper Gentlemen! Von Junker and the blueprints are currently on the night train to London.)[/GM aside]

Further asides spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 06:04:35 am by lawastooshort »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Prologue Part Four
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2011, 05:58:45 am »

Straighten my bowtie.

"I must say, must you be so brutish? You have caused quite a mess here,"

NINJAAAAA.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2011, 06:59:37 am »

We must interrogate the German, but first:

Find a Doctor, and a tailor to repair my injuries. Then interrogate the German.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2011, 07:14:19 am »

Sharpen my claymore and prepare to interrogate the German cad.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2011, 07:35:40 am »

"Wait. I can speak German. If you leave the room, I can pretend to be a spy, and he might be more than willing to share what he knows with me."

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2011, 08:22:18 am »

He probably saw you, Link, during the battle, and if not, he saw you when just after the battle ended, when he surrendered.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2011, 09:01:19 am »

"That's why I'm pretending to be a spy. You know, somebody who pretends to be on the enemy's side."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2011, 09:33:57 am »

Thank the butler for taking care of the jacket before putting it on. Have a good smoke to calm the nerves. Pose gentlemanly with pipe in hand before the Germans.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2011, 09:48:28 am »

What do you think is fairest? That I roll for initiative for your actions, or that I roll them in the order you post? I have kind of combined the two so far.

The next update might take longer than the rest have done, as I wasn't expecting either prisoners or interrogation. Also, updates will possibly be slower over the weekend as I get more free time (lunch) in front of a computer at work than at home.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2011, 09:50:57 am »

I'll let Darvi interrogate first, it might work.

Find a doctor and a tailor to repair myself and my coat. Wait until after Link finishes to interrogate the German.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2011, 09:52:52 am »

Hoffn mer mal dasser mir die Geschichte abkauft...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50