Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74792 times)

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 07:01:59 pm »

Codename: "G"
Nationality: German
Relation: None. Went againest his country, cutting all ties.
Skill:Quick and Clean(+1 to attacking rolls)
Trait: Fluid diplomacy(+1 to rolls related to talking to Germans)
Item:Mondragon Rifle

Bio: A trained marksman and negotiator in the German police force, "G", as everyone calls him, has always taken a liking to English culture:tea, biscuits, gentlemanlyness, he moved- well, actually more like deported to England after learning Germany calls off all imports of tea and biscuits. After learning this, he then went and bought the most expensive rifle he could possibly find, and go on a killing spree, taking down 40 people with just an 8-round clip. There he found himself a new life, and was invited to join the MI:G a few years later.

He enjoys hunting, eating biscuits and drinking tea, and chatting up a conversation.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 06:02:53 pm by hitty40 »
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 01:28:29 am »

Waiting list me please good sir!
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 02:01:18 am »

I could give up my spot if you really want it.

That's the spirit old boy!
+1 Gentlemanliness!

Name: William Wellington

Skill acquired!
Top Hats (+1 to Top Hat wearing)

Name: Henry McGeenyton

Skill acquired!
Monocles (+1 to Monocle wearing).

Right - getting the Foreword ready, this will be a small introduction with a minor action and then the Prologue is mostly ready too.

There is a waiting list of 4 so far, so either I could make being a Gentleman Spy even more dangerous than I had planned and speed the waiting up, or I could keep it as it is and add a 6th person at the risk of my losing track or having to type up 20% more actions. I don't know which would be better, really.

Any suggestions?

Also - I have posted your character sheets at the top.

Also - please feel free to make suggestions or constructive criticism - I haven't Gm'd for a while.

Please try to bold your actions, it'll be easier for me. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:25:21 am by lawastooshort »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Foreword
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 02:29:45 am »

Foreword.

10.17pm, Wednesday 16th, January, 1906. A country residence. Great Britain.

Curiously, just as you are finishing your port in the Drawing Room after dinner, the butler - what's his name, Smythe? anyway, the butler brings you the following telegram:

IF YOU ARE A PATRIOTIC SUPPORTER OF THE KING AND EMPEROR STOP IF YOU WISH TO GAIN GREAT HONOUR AND NOBILITY IN HIS SERVICE STOP IF YOU ARE FREE FOR A PERIOD OF ADVENTURE AND EXCITEMENT STOP PLEASE ACCEPT THIS INVITATION TO MY CARD GAME STOP 9 O'CLOCK THURSDAY THE TURF CLUB STOP

"No signatory, Smythe?"
"It's Jenkins, Sir"
"Who the ruddy heck is Jenkins? What's he doing inviting one to mysterious games of cards at this hour of the evening?"
"I'm Jenkins, Sir. The telegram was merely signed with a letter M"
"Well, I say. I have to admit I was rather taken at the bit where it says 'patriotic'. Get the car ready for first thing tomorrow morning Smythe, and telephone ahead to prepare the town house! And fetch another glass of port!"

9.51pm, Thursday 17th, January, 1906. The Turf Club, Piccadilly, London.

You are enjoying the game of cards you and these fellow gentlemen have been invited to when one of the butlers approaches and offers you a telegram. The other gentlemen around the table all seem to be receiving a telegram as well.

YOUR FAVOURITE DOG HAS JUST PASSED AWAY STOP VERY SORRY STOP

My word! The Turf Club's butlers are famously reliable! Your favourite dog must have passed away!

What will you do?

[Please post your gentlemanly (re)actions!]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 03:40:02 am by lawastooshort »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 03:13:56 am »

What dog?

I also appear to have forgotten to give myself an item. I shall then have a towel napkin.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 03:18:33 am »

What dog?

I also appear to have forgotten to give myself an item. I shall then have a towel napkin.

Yes - I noticed that in the post above the Foreword, but then posted the Foreword so you might not have seen it. I have given you a napkin. Good choice.

Regarding the dog, well, it is assumed a gentleman has a hunting dog or several. You know, to pick up the dead grouse and all that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 03:24:46 am »

Wait, it's code for "you have a fucking job to do", right?

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 03:29:04 am »

Wait, it's code for "you are about to have a fucking job to do", right?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:28 am »

Well now that it has been established that we all have dogs...

Weep a gentlemanly tear. Wipe it away with the napkin.
"Gentlemen, I must excuse myself. I have something to attend to."
Stand up and leave. Calmly.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 06:46:10 am »

Bcome left-handed and Leave, silently.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 11:00:41 am »

Remove my top hat, cry a bit, then replace my top hat and convince everyone that I have to leave, doing so afterward.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 11:03:35 am »

Cry into my monocle, give the butler my regards, pay my bill, and leave for the funeral. Also, say to Areyoua "You cheating common scum!" And use my monocle to magnify sunlight and set him on fire. Also, admire Zero's top hat and ask if he has a spare.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:37:05 pm by Geen »

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 11:14:16 am »

What happened to the stiff upper lip?

First of all, question the spelling of this note, what kind of country spells favorite like that? Then, ask the butler from whom the telegram came. Take a peek at the weeping Englishmen's cards.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 11:15:44 am »

I could give up my spot if you really want it.
No need for that, good sir, our host has graciously extended another invitation to my self.

Spoiler: charsheet (click to show/hide)

Puff my pipe while solemnly and quietly reminiscing the many fine adventures ywe had together, then share the bad news and raise a glass to her honour.
"It is a sad day to see such a good hound pass away from us, a finer and more loyal companion I could never ask for. Ah, how I wish now that we would have had time for a last hunt together. But such is life, that good friends depart at the most inconvenient times. I say instead, that we should appreciate our comrades while they are alive, and take a moment to remember those dear to us that has gone away from us, through death or distance. A cheer, I would ask, to those we wish would grace our company once more."
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 12:09:44 pm »

Ok - I have family man duties to attend to for 3-4 hours, but the Prologue is mostly done and will be posted after that. There is tragedy! There is action! There is brandy! Well, definitely brandy.

I am also just waiting for a possible 7th Gentleman if IronyOwl posts in time.

p.s. edit:
Scriver I notice you chose two skills, which is one too many (the Gentlemen with two skills above acquired them through the GM (Gentleman Master)'s discretion after creation. I'll let you have both, but I think, if I remember, that I may also add 1 to your caddishness, having learnt of your rakish fondness for Women!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 12:26:58 pm by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50