Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74844 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Prologue Part Two
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2011, 12:18:53 pm »

10PM man.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2011, 12:21:47 pm »

Say what? It's 10 am where I am.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2011, 12:22:39 pm »

We're in a building that covers half the world? That's awesome!

Actually it's 11PM, or close to.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2011, 12:26:25 pm »

Wow. Crazy. I'm guessing you have a hard, sleepy morning in front of you.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2011, 12:27:48 pm »

He means the building in the game. It's nighttime, so there's no sun for your monocle.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2011, 12:30:19 pm »

The location and time were posted in an earlier update. Always possible you'll get a 6 though I suppose.

Will update in around 3 hours if dbz has posted his action.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2011, 12:32:01 pm »

You mean on a 6 it's full moon, and then MOONLASERS PEWPEW!

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2011, 12:36:58 pm »

Smith has been gouged in the arm? What of his clothing? Was the cad wearing short sleeves?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2011, 12:56:38 pm »

Smith has been gouged in the arm? What of his clothing? Was the cad wearing short sleeves?

It's very unlikely. My inventory system is rudimentary. I may remember to update this relatively important point: his evening jacket is most probably ruined.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2011, 01:27:41 pm »

Noooo, my bowtie!

Scream upwards dramatically, before straightening my bowtie (#1 priority) and then using my top-hat to trip the blasted fellow.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Prologue Part Three
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2011, 02:37:38 pm »

"Kanalje!"
Grab umbrella with one hand and strike at my foe with the hot iron in the other.

Enraged at the Germans’ lack of politesse, von Fersen insults his foe, [5] grabs an umbrella with his off-hand and strikes at the impertinent fellow with the hot iron in the other. The blow is expertly dodged, but von Fersen has time to deliver another blood-curdlingly vicious attack to the German with the umbrella. Caught off guard, the German is hit in the face! His moustache is sheered right off! His visage is horrifically injured! The German passes out with the pain!

“Have it, you scoundrel,” the Swede mutters, looking about the room for another enemy.

Challenge the german who is assaulting Mr. Winston Smith to a duel!

By the doorway Thomas Wallace sees the German violently strike Smith, and, in a clear and comprehensible voice befitting of one of such noble lineage speaking to a foreigner, challenges him to a duel [2].

Unfortunately it becomes clear that the fellow is not just a German, but a cad to boot. He declines the offer of honourable combat and strikes at Wallace without so much as an “En garde!”

His blow is struck true and it seems that Wallace will be struck too, but at the very last instant he raises his trusty claymore and blocks the blow. It shatters the German umbrella! He is disarmed! He is dishonoured! Winston Smith and his evening jacket are, at least temporarily, saved from further punishment.

His tactical retreat covered by Wallace's brave intervention, Smith backs away towards the commode where the revolver was absentmindedly left by Mr Link, but [1] disaster strikes! He falls backwards! No physical damage is done, but he does look a little ungentlemanly, and he is prone and still unarmed!

Seeing his comrade's plight, McGeenyton realises drastic measures are ready.

Use my monocle to set the German on fire with sunlight. If this fails, pistol whip 'em. If THAT fails, just shoot them in the head.

He removes his monocle with the calmness of an iceberg, and attempts to set the German facing him on fire using the natural power of light! But [1] a calamity occurs! He fumbles and drops the monocle to the floor, where it happens [1] to catch the light of the full moon, concentrating it into a powerful beam which sets Sir Melville's curtains alight!

Oblivious to the raging inferno that is risked in the adjoining room, Wellington is facing off the Prussian in the study, and is aware of his camarade rising from the chess table in the corner of his eye.

Scream upwards dramatically, before straightening my bowtie (#1 priority) and then using my top-hat to trip the blasted fellow.

With blood colder than a myriad glaciers, he [5] straightens his bowtie, admires the marked improvement in the large mirror above the drinks cabinet, and stoops slightly to trip the blasted Prussian before him.

He succeeds admirably, and the Prussian is thrown to the floor, considerably dazed by the impact. Wellington has time both to glance disapprovingly at his floored assailant and to turn to confront the second fellow in the imposing Crouching Swan, Top-hat of Fury stance.

The German strikes at Wellington with his fists. He seems about to land a stunning blow, but Wellington is ready, and uses the natural grace of his stance to dodge the vengeful fists. He circles his despicable foe.

Back in the drawing room, oblivious to the encroaching flames, the German that McGeenyton tried to set alight attempts to fight back against this horrifically gentlemanly attack. He strikes with his umbrella! McGeenyton dodges!

The remaining German in the room, the one who originally stumbled into the room like a youngster stealing his first taste of father's brandy, leaps over Sir Melville's desk to take on the great man himself. He leaps over! He attempts to land a punch! Sir Melville sidesteps niftily, and, faced with a counterblow, the off balance German falls into the burning curtain. He struggles to put himself out, and as he does so he smashes straight throught the sash window! He falls 40 feet! He bruises his skull! He breaks his kidney! He appears to be deceased!

Out in the hallway, the sinister looking German with the shotgun advances, aiming down the gunsight at the occupied Sir Melville who appears to be looking for his miniature bell to summon a servant to deal with the broken glass. He reaches the doorway.

Just as it seems he is about to fire, Mr John Link jumps out from behind!

SNEAK ATTACK, SUCKER!

But in a gentlemanly manner. Vulcan neck pinch or something like that.

[1] In a very gentlemanly manner, Link clears his throat.

“I say old chap,” he begins.

Whatever his intentions were are unclear. Did Link wish to deliver a solid blow to the German’s face? Did he wish to chide him severely for his lack of manners and hope that the German would die of embarrassment? We may never know.

The German spins round in surprise and fires with one barrel as he turns!

He misses – presumably because of the astonishing dodge Link performs which begins with a headlong dive into the wall and ends with the English gentleman prostrate on the floor clutching his liver.

“Hände hoch!” orders the German swine, “Get up und surrender in the name of the Kaiser!”

He is pointing the still half loaded shotgun at Link’s chest. In his own inimitable way, John Link has saved the life of Sir Melville.

Trait Acquired! Heroic Incompetence (+1 to likelihood of terrible incompetence having a somehow beneficial outcome)

Clarification edit:
There appear to be the shotgun armed German attempting to capture Mr John Link just outside the drawing room, two Germans in the study with Wellington, McGeenyton's German, and Wallace's, both in the drawing room. There is a flaming and apparently deceased German on the pavement below Sir Melville's rooms. His liver is broken. One assumes a servant will handle this matter appropriately. Sir Melville's curtains are ablaze.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:26:39 am by lawastooshort »

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2011, 02:50:45 pm »

Hm, save my comrade or save the house. Well, this is England so...

Put out the curtain fire

Wait, but I'm American.

Get off my bottom, grab the gun, and shoot the German trying to take John Link's soul. If I can see him, that is. I think he might be in another room, so in that case, just try to grab the gun again and shoot the nearest German.

Hold on, I've only my left hand to do it what if I roll a 1?
Wait, but I'm American. We invented Las Vegas! (but not yet, and not really...)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:26:15 pm by areyoua »

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2011, 03:18:27 pm »

Grab monocle, shoot the german, and run walk gentlemanly like hell.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2011, 04:52:24 pm »

Take off jacket, it is time to get serious (and we don't want to wrinkle it, of course - that would hardly be proper). Rush to the aid of my fellow gentleman Wellington, and land a furious hail of umbrella and hot iron on his assailant!
Love, scriver~

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2011, 05:06:23 pm »

Kill the German attacking my fellow gentleman Link
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game