Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74951 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Sixteen: Come on chaps!
« Reply #510 on: October 26, 2011, 03:52:48 pm »

(Plays patriotic music to the latter action while it is being described in his turn)
That gave me that mental image, so I had to expose you to it too.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 26, 2011, 06:10:36 pm »

I support areyoua.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 27, 2011, 02:41:48 am »

Well, of course Powder Miner would support blowing things up.

I'm all for it, though. I also have a potentially volatile doorknob grenade in my inventory, but I think I'll save it for later. Also, it probably only explodes on a 6.

...or a 1.
Love, scriver~

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 27, 2011, 07:11:30 am »

The Gentlemanly way, please. And if the porters refuse, just do the American way, then.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Seventeen: Democracy!
« Reply #514 on: October 27, 2011, 07:33:15 am »

Chapter Two, Part Seventeen

10.24pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Opposite Geneva Central Station

A cold wind blows off the lake into the city, and the first of many flakes of snow are starting to fall from the heavy sky above onto the huddled gentlemen grouped together around the warmth of von Fersen's ever-present pipe. They stand opposite Geneva Central Station, and they eagerly hatch their cunning plan in conspirational whispers.

After two or three minutes of fruitless discussion about tea and sandwiches, Winston Smith holds forth.

“I see two ways of getting in: the gentlemanly way, and the American Way.

The gentlemanly way is to knock politely at the front door at the turn of the hour, and demand of the two porters that they allow us access to the luggage locker. Hopefully, the Germans aren't already there. I must confess that I do not have full confidence in this plan. It seems to me to lack a certain je ne sais quoi, as you Brits like to say.

The American Way rightfully requires the use of plenty of explosives, namely, "G"'s explosive ammunition that he brought back this afternoon, to comprehensively evaporate the wall of the left luggage area, thus giving us the advantage over any Germans who may or may not be there, but also, perhaps and unfortunately, giving us the everlasting enmity of the Swiss Police. We shall then  elegantly stroll back to the airship and make away with the contents. On both a personal and a professional level, this is the plan in which I have the most faith. Now, all those in favour say aye.”

A chorus of “ayes” echoes quietly in the deserted street; only one lone voice dissents.

“I say,” says “G”, “That doesn't seem terribly polite to me. Are you sure we can't just knock?”

Gentlemanliness Increased! Insistence on the Gentlemanly Way!

10.27pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, A side road next to Geneva Central Station

Three gentlemen stand well back from another in the dimly lit side street next to Geneva Central Station, as this fourth gentleman kneels and holds his rifle to his shoulder, aiming at the wall mere feet away. Mr Winston Smith holds his walking bat stick firmly in his right hand; from under his finely detailed solid gold eye patch watches Mr August von Fersen, clasping his trusty hunting rifle; next to the Swede, who is still smoking his pipe despite the presence of a considerable quantity of explosives just feet from his head, stands Mr Henry McGeenyton, wielder of a monocle and a double barrelled walking stick with tastefully embroidered tartan trim.

The kneeling fourth man is known to them only as “G”: it is he who is aiming the considerable quantity of explosives at the wall directly before the intrepid spies. He looks up at Smith; his glance moves from the American, to the Swede, to the Englishman.

“Ready?”

The three other gentlemen nod.

“And you're sure we can't just knock? Or use the doorbell? We could telegram to announce our arrival beforehand?”

The other three gentlemen shake their heads. “G” looks back down to his rifle muttering something to himself about perhaps writing a letter or maybe sending the butler.

He switches his rifle to fully automatic, and holds down the trigger. Everything before him disappears in a flash of smoke, dust and fire [5].

10.28pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, A side road next to Geneva Central Station

“G” ejects the empty magazine. “I say, chaps. That seems to have done the trick! Let's go before the blasted forces of law und order arrive.”

The left luggage area lies naked before them! As “G” signals the all clear, Winston Smith strolls in, walking bat stick in hand, for all the world looking like an English gentleman taking his Sunday stroll. As the three other spies follow him in he suddenly halts and turns: he hears movement through the door on the far side of the room [5]!

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2011, 07:51:44 am »

Right then, to work!

Sprint through the luggage area while on the lookout for 4a to the door on the other side, and remembering to keep my walking bat stick raised and ready for lightsaber combat a less-than-gentlemanly discussion.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2011, 08:05:02 am »

Reload my rifle with regular rounds, and follow smith, covering him from behind.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 27, 2011, 08:19:13 am »

"Onwards! In a truly dramatic manner!"

Move up towards door, while aiming my rifle at it in case Germans burst through!
Love, scriver~

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2011, 07:16:10 pm »

Get ready to blow away some Germans during the breach, and make sure I offer the wounded tea.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 27, 2011, 07:49:40 pm »

Eh, follow behind the others.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Eighteen: Germans Burst Through!
« Reply #520 on: November 01, 2011, 06:02:08 am »

Chapter Two, Part Eighteen

10.29pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Left Luggage Area, Geneva Central Station

“Right then, to work!” exclaims Winston Smith as he speeds up to a sprint through the Left Luggage Area, walking bat stick held two-handed by his right shoulder in readiness. Keeping an eye out for locker 4a as he makes his way, he doesn’t spot it [2] but does just about reach the door before anyone bursts through.

Behind him follow the rest of the gentlemen: first comes von Fersen who moves up steadily whilst aiming his trusty rifle at the door, in case Germans burst through! At a more leisurely pace comes “G”, who pauses to reload his rifle, thoughtfully taking care not to use any more explosive ammunition in such a confined space. McGeenyton follows, looking disapprovingly at such caution whilst wondering about the availability of tea should a fearsome firefight occur. There doesn’t appear to be a tea urn or a butler in the vicinity! William Wellington skulks tactically at the back, mind clearly still on his afternoon failure to eat a decent snack: a foreboding portent of doom? Or merely an inconvenience swiftly rectified? Alas! We shall never know the conclusion of his mental meanderings, for suddenly the door in front of the gentlemen bursts open! Germans appear!

“Ach! Der Inglander Schweindogs!” they cry as the leap comparatively unprepared into the Left Luggage Area.

One badly dressed young man charges straight at Smith with some foreign form of walking stick! He manages to get through just before his unfortunate comrade behind: von Fersen raises his rifle and blows [5] him away! He is struck down hard in the face! Two more Germans clamber over their fallen companion, but “G” opens fire! He peppers them with bullets to the chest [5, 3, 3]: one has his spleen punctured! The other’s liver is broken! They are struck down!

Behind the carnage lurk yet more fiendish foreign spies, and a fifth German enters the room just as McGeenyton stops his search for a tea urn. He raises his tartan trimmed double barreled walking stick and blasts off [4] his arm! He fires the second barrel: he bruises [4] the German’s head! He too is struck down!

But there are at least another half dozen spies in the office behind the bursted open door, and undaunted by the massacre unfolding before their eyes they stream into the room, getting in between Smith and the other four gentlemen: for Smith is locked in lightsaber combat a less-than-gentlemanly discussion with the fellow brandishing a walking stick!

Smith attempts to strike first! He swings his walking bat stick up so hard it flies backwards out of his hand! He is disarmed [1]! His walking bat stick lands on the other side of the group of Germans, bruising Wellington’s foot. The German strikes back: he strikes Smith about the face so hard that Smith is knocked to the ground! He hits the wall with his head as he falls! Smith is knocked unconscious!

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No time to waste! Smith must be rescued!

Drop the gun to the floor, then draw the umbrella-sword and engage the Germans! Try to circle around them until I get to Smith's unconscious body, so he can be more easily defended from the rude German Swine-Hounds.
Love, scriver~

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Blast.

Engage in self-reflection whilst trying to regain consciousness.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attempt to talk to the German spy attacking Smith. If he refuses to yield, charge at him into melee.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use the my walking gunstick as an impromptu quarterstaff.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 50