Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74960 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Fifteen.
« Reply #495 on: October 25, 2011, 03:52:12 am »

I'm sad to say but this seems to have lost momentum and died a little.

Should I lock it and leave it?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Should I close the thread?
« Reply #496 on: October 25, 2011, 04:21:21 am »

:( Sad, this has definitely been a good read. At least now you have a similiar, gentlemanly RtD, just a few hundred years back in time! :P Perhaps people will start posting again.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 25, 2011, 01:24:08 pm »

Not while I'm around.

Get a cup of tea.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 25, 2011, 02:53:13 pm »

Not while I'm around.

Get a cup of tea.

This, I think, is kind of the point he's trying to make... Getting a cup of tea doesn't really fit what we're trying to do.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 25, 2011, 04:11:11 pm »

It will be sad to see you leave, but I completely understand the reason as only 2 out of the 6 have posted in this timeframe :P
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 25, 2011, 04:12:45 pm »

I'm all for continuing if we think we can get this thing going again.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 25, 2011, 04:37:38 pm »

I'm all for continuing if we think we can get this thing going again.

I could fast-forward the day to the inevitable Geneva Central Station located night-time showdown between gentleman spies, Germans, and Swiss forces of order and see how it goes from there?

Perhaps a violent action scene will reinvigorate things. I could also drop Darvi back to the waitlist, and be stricter on how long I am prepared to wait before auto-ing.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 25, 2011, 05:18:14 pm »

NO! I CANNOT ALLOW THIS TO DIE!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Sixteen: Come on chaps!
« Reply #503 on: October 26, 2011, 07:38:44 am »

Chapter Two, Part Sixteen

3.49pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Geneva Central Station

Smith, we might recall, has spotted a suspicious looking German lurking about in Geneva Central Station whilst staking it out. He casually walks up to him and puts his detective training into action.

“I say old chap, what are you doing here?! I haven't seen you for simply ages! How delightful! What are you looking for, by the way?”

“I am just er looking for mein left luggage! I hope to recuperate it this eve... I'm sorry, I don't remember your name?”

“Winston Smith, at your service Sir.” Smith extends his hand, and as the German puts his forwards to meet it, smacks his walking bat stick into his crotch. Delighted to meet you... When the German has recovered sufficiently to raise his head and clear his watering eyes, Smith has long gone.

Some two hundred yards away Smith is leaving the station and heading back towards the hotel post haste, his internal monologue beavering away. This evening eh... Strewth! I must inform my companions. Speed and decisive action will be of the essence!... I wonder what kind of sandwiches will be served with afternoon tea?

4.06pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Inside Smith's Mind, Hotel Masson, Geneva

Damn and blast! Bloody cucumber again!

10.21pm, Saturday 26th January, 1906, Geneva Central Station

A freezing wind blows off the lake into the city, and the first suggestion of snow is starting to fall from the overcast sky above onto the small group of gentlemen huddled together around the warmth of August von Fersen's finely crafted pipe. Geneva Central Station lies across the street from them, and they eagerly discuss their plans in low voices.

“I say we should get some bloody tea, what?”

“Don't be a bloody fool: we've got to get in there before those blasted Germans do. No offence meant. They're coming tonight, I'm sure of it. And then we could get some tea, and some decent bloody sandwiches. I'm fed up with cucumber, that's three bloody days straight. Now, how should we get in?

“Or, afterwards, we could offer that gentlewoman tea and biscuits?”

“At this hour?! How bloody dare you sir! She spoke to me first in any case.”

“Sirs! At least one of you is more English than I am, and it shames me to have to give gentlemanship lessons to any of you. Now. Again. Let us make haste: if they have a means of getting in which doesn't involve the front door, then those ruddy Germans may already be inside. We must get going!”

Spoiler: GM's spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 26, 2011, 09:53:25 am »

Inspire the others to come up witha great and cunning Entry Scheme!

...Sorry, I cold come up with nothing else than "waltz in through front door" ;)
Love, scriver~

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 26, 2011, 01:47:57 pm »

There are windows on the side we're looking through, yes?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 26, 2011, 01:49:00 pm »

Yes. Large windows about 1 metre above the ground. About one every 3 metres.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 26, 2011, 01:53:49 pm »

Yes. Large windows about 1 metre above the ground. About one every 3 metres.

What can we see inside? Considering it's dark, I doubt we might not see anything unless lights are on.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 26, 2011, 02:09:11 pm »

Not very much, and in any case you're across the street. If you crossed the street, you wouldn't see that much, because it's quite dark.

However, Smith has earlier observed that there are occasional guard patrols of two guards at a time who slack off towards the hour mark.

There should be no police about (unless given reason, such as explosions) thanks to Link's police bribing.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 26, 2011, 03:01:45 pm »

I see two ways of getting in: the gentlemanly way, and the American Way.

The gentlemanly way is to barge in the front door at the turn of the hour, and demand of the two porters that they allow us access to the luggage locker. Hopefully, the Germans aren't already there.

The American Way rightfully requires the use of plenty of explosives, namely, "G"'s explosive ammunition, to comprehensively evaporate the wall of the left luggage area, thus giving us the advantage over any Germans who may or may not be there, but also giving us the everlasting enmity of the Swiss Police. We then retreat elegantly stroll back to the airship and make away with the contents.

Obviously, I support the latter!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 04:59:14 pm by areyoua »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 50