Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 75065 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Two
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2011, 07:43:25 am »

1 This bad luck is getting tiresome. On the other side, I guess I should be happy the doorknob didn't explode in my face ;)

1 - Ooh, don't give me ideas. Edwardian furniture is prone to bouts of explosion. Hmm.
So, what you're saying is I've acquired a door knob grenade? ;D
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 15, 2011, 07:53:03 am »

Bother, I've suggested myself into a problem here haven't I. Hmm.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 15, 2011, 02:56:56 pm »

What a shame. Mystery will have to wait, now is the time for battle!

Peek out the door for nasty Germans on the other side, then run out and cave in some skulls (or shins if I really have the cricketing bug). Pay attention if they're just standing there, though, and don't fight them if they've surrendered.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 15, 2011, 06:40:52 pm »

Fire a bullet into each of the germans.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 15, 2011, 06:41:54 pm »

Guys wou are ruining my attempts at diplomacy.

Seriously.

Not helping.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 15, 2011, 06:46:41 pm »

Draw my hat.

"There is an explosive device inside here with which I can arm in a split-second and blast you and your men to smithereens. If you don't stop at this moment, heed my warning, and listen to my dear friend, your life is forfeit."
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 15, 2011, 08:00:34 pm »

We all know what happens when you appease Germans. Only conflict will stop them!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 15, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »

Conceal my rifle around the corner of the door, walk out the door and confront the germans in native tounge.

"What is going on? Can you not see we are sleeping while riding this train?"
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 16, 2011, 02:29:58 am »

Guys wou are ruining my attempts at diplomacy.

If they attack me against any common sense, force feed them with pastry.

You're assuming their common sense roll succeeds!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Two, Part Three
« Reply #324 on: September 16, 2011, 03:29:13 am »

Chapter Two, Part Three

"Guten Tag Freundliche Grüße die Herren. Machen Sie auch einen Mitternachtsspaziergang?"

If they attack me against any common sense, force feed them with pastry.

As the Germans turn to face Link he just about has time to address them in a polite fashion [1+1] before they realise he is in fact a deadly menace! Three of them advance down the corridor to avenge their fallen countrymen.

Just in time before they reach him Link hurls first one deadly biscuit [6] and then another [6], piercing the first German’s skull and shattering the second’s pancreas! They fall to the ground, struck down! The second biscuit passes through [6] the henchman’s pancreas and out the other side, wounding [4] the third German in the shin! He falls to the ground clutching his lower leg!

Skill Acquired! Advancing Steadily in Cookie no Jutsu!

Attempt to break door open with bodily force. I'll have to remember to leave a note of apology for the broken furniture later, and leave informations as to where they can get in touch with me for reimbursement.

Behind Link, von Fersen tries to shoulder barge his way through the door in his night-robe [3]. But the French, inferior though their door-furniture may be, clearly make high quality doors – he can’t quite break it down! It certainly looks damaged now though.

Peek out the door for nasty Germans on the other side, then run out and cave in some skulls (or shins if I really have the cricketing bug). Pay attention if they're just standing there, though, and don't fight them if they've surrendered.

Smith slowly opens the door and peeks his head round just as three Germans fall to the ground in front of him. One of them is merely wounded and two more are heading in his direction - the American steps out of his sleeping cabin and confronts the foremost standing henchman.

"Excuse me," he politely begins, before cracking the German on the pate. But the German quickly raises his umbrella to block the blow! He strikes back, and Smith barely dodges back away from the deadly umbrella tip, and unfortunately trips over the German lying on the floor behind him clutching his shin. Smith's appears to have moderately dazed himself, but the prone German is knocked clean out!

Conceal my rifle around the corner of the door, walk out the door and confront the Germans in native tongue.

As Smith stumbles over backwards, “G” walks out of the door in front him and addresses the German pair who are still in the corridor [3+1].

"What is going on? Can you not see we are sleeping while riding this train?"

They are flummoxed for a moment and turn to look at each other questioningly. Then, in a moment of certitude, they decide not to apologise, but to attack! They advance menacingly on “G” but don’t quite get time to strike at him, having been so confused.

Draw my hat.

Inside the final cabin the two Germans ordered to arrest Wellington and McGeenyton are stopped dead in their tracks as Wellington draws his hat.

"There is an explosive device inside here with which I can arm in a split-second and blast you and your men to smithereens. If you don't stop at this moment, heed my warning, and listen to my dear friend, your life is forfeit."

His brutal threat is effective [5]! In a way – the eyepatched von Gruber shouts, in his high pitched voice,

“He is doing das bluffing! Men, get them! You English pigdogs Englishers, you may stop me, but you vill not stop the bomb on the train! You will not get to Geneva alive! Ahahahah!”

And with a long evil laugh he dashes suddenly out of the Englishmen’s sleeping cabin, leaving his two men behind.

Fire a bullet into each of the germans.

Back inside the cabin, McGeenyton decides to resist arrest and raises his double barreled walking stick to fire. In the enclosed space an enormous explosion resounds first once [5] and then twice [2]. As the smoke clears the German who was so recently intent on arresting the unfortunate Wellington is dead upon the floor, his spine clearly severed! He is struck down!

McGeenyton’s second shot was not so true – the surviving henchman leaps at the Englishman as a great hole appears in the wall behind him.  He strikes at McGeenyton who fails to block the blow and takes the German truncheon full in the face! His cheek is bruised! He stumbles back, lightly dazed!

Wound Acquired! Severely bruised cheek!

Spoiler: Clarity Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:40:05 am by lawastooshort »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 16, 2011, 06:36:52 am »

Ah, the cookies. Marvellous items, aren't they?

Pursue the fugitive commander.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:44:29 am by Darvi »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 16, 2011, 07:22:02 am »

Cookiekens. Dangerous, awesome things. Truly magnificent. They can kill a man in 53˝ ways before he has the time to nom. I do think you should get the razor-sharp chocolate chip upgrade we talked about, though. Then it's 77 and five halves ways!

To the point, though. Obviously I'm not supposed go through the door. I guess there's nothing left but ring the bell to call a train official, then sit down and smoke pipe while reading today's paper oh wait I know - I climb out the window and onto the roof, and try to make it to one of those intersections between train-bodies! Use sword-umbrella as a balance-keeping staff.

Here's to a success, guys. Gotta do something that can go hilariously bad to break this bad roll thing I've got going on, I wager ;)
Love, scriver~

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 16, 2011, 08:05:02 am »

Hey, you forgot to roll my trait in for my turn. (+1 to rolls related to talking to Germans)
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 16, 2011, 08:07:37 am »

I think they were too busy being killed for it to apply.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 16, 2011, 08:30:33 am »

Hey, you forgot to roll my trait in for my turn. (+1 to rolls related to talking to Germans)

Hmm - I did add it in when determining the result, I remember as it was only this morning, I must have not typed it in as I was in a bit of a rush (that is to say in between meetings at work...).

Sorry about that.

It would have probably been more effective if John Darvi Link hadn't got into the action first, but violent and bloody combat had started - it was an ineffective success, hence them not striking you in the face with an umbrella due to their  confusion.

(double check the draft write-up edit: yes, since they were mostly in combat by then, it has basically stopped them hitting you and given you the initiative against them. i.e. they were too hostile to be turned neutral-er, and I missed the +1 when typing. I've added it.)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 08:41:57 am by lawastooshort »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 50