Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74956 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter One Part Ten
« Reply #210 on: September 05, 2011, 04:23:59 pm »

Chapter One Part Ten

Tell the Highlanders to give covering fire and CHARGE them!

The race was on.

Would his faithful companions reach Mayfever Farm and enter the fray before Thomas Wallace found himself in combat and outnumbered?

He gave the order to his squad of highlanders to cover his charge, knowing that it would be dishonourable to expect them to cross the hundred yards of nearly open ground between them and the enemy when he could do the job himself. He knew also that it would be cowardly to wait for reinforcement whilst the future of the British Empire hung in the balance! And his highlanders knew that any charge not properly supported is doomed to failure.

They struck up their fearsome music once again. The drums rang out; the bagpipes blazed; and the rifles roared as the line of six brave men stood up to meet the incoming German fire and send it back multiplied by their Scottish wrath and courage. Their music was true and their covering fire effective, keeping the Germans' heads down as much as was possible for their small number.

The brave Thomas Wallace drew his claymore to the glorious sound of his homeland, stepped over his protective shrubbery, and charged towards the enemy as if he were Thomas Burke himself [6].

He sprinted to the sound of rifle fire and shouting. He leapt across low walls to the sound of pipes and drum. He ran to the sound of the Germans' heinous flying device humming in the night. He charged across the fateful fields to all these sounds that were to him as the sound of music.

He ran so fast in fact that before the Germans had a chance to recover from the highlanders' covering fire and target him effectively he was upon them, claymore aloft, mere yards from the long low barn.

Gentlemanliness Increased Trying to Recreate the Light Brigade!

Simultaneously many things appeared to happen as time slowed in Wallace's battle fever. Two Germans burst from the door and rushed out to meet him as he heard no more than fifty yards behind him the distinctive and handsome Swedish accent of von Fersen urge his companions to make haste. The sound of a desperately driven automobile, its engine pushed to the very limits of modern technology, drew close and then died. A German lept out of the car, brandishing, inexplicably, a severed arm and a black leather briefcase, looking behind him in a rush as he did so. And as this German reached the small outhouse to the left of the barn, as the Germans approaching Wallace slammed shut the barn door and turned to him, another car screamed into view and slammed to a halt.

Out tumbled Wellington and Smith, grey-faced victims of Arthur Pembroke Jenkinson, the fastest driver in the British Empire.

Clarity Spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 05, 2011, 05:37:41 pm »

Sorry, I was out of town for a day.
Shall we shoot the zeppelin? I'm assuming yes.
Draw my sword and a revolver. Prepare for battle. Begin shooting at the zeppelin.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 07:51:28 pm by Geen »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 05, 2011, 07:37:13 pm »

Pick up one of the German weapons if possible, and cover Wallace, making sure not to shoot him.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 05, 2011, 07:46:08 pm »

Continue CHARGING!!!
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 06, 2011, 03:12:03 am »

I'm fairly sure that merely shooting a Zeppelin won't necessarily damage it - I also believe that tracer rounds were actually developed during WW1 as an anti-Zeppelin ammunition, although I can't wiki it right now. Something to do with the density of the gas and the air outside it and stuff like that - not enough gas will escape to bring it down or prevent it taking off, it will just leak a bit.

I suppose a [6] is always possible though. Goodbye Dover!

Pick up one of the German weapons if possible, and cover Wallace, making sure not to shoot him.

I suppose a [1] is always possible!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 04:05:53 am by lawastooshort »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 06, 2011, 06:19:27 am »

Kindly excuse myself to our German prisoner as I tie him up, using his own belt or suspenders and promise I'll come back and relieve him of this inconvenient situation once the bloody business at hand is resolved. Then leave him behind and make way closer to the farms, moving from cover to cover.
Love, scriver~

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 06, 2011, 02:55:14 pm »

How to cover my car sickness?

Pretend to, or actually, prey to cover up the fact that I'm car sick. Then, run towards Wallace to assist him against the Germans, using my walking bat stick to block bullets lightsaber style. Also, move from cover to cover as a more feasible way of not getting shot.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter One Part Eleven
« Reply #217 on: September 06, 2011, 03:57:10 pm »

Chapter One Part Eleven

The Battle for Mayfever Farm

Continue CHARGING!!!

As the night reaches its darkest hours before the dawn, Wallace, covered by his highland marching band, is charging valiantly across the open ground to where his German foes lie in wait.

He sees two leave the safety of their stone barn to accost him – or perhaps offer him tea.

We shall never know, as he charges at the pair of pointy-helmeted German soldiers without further introduction, taken by the bagpipe fuelled battle fever [6].  He swipes diagonally downwards at the neck of the rightward man with his mighty claymore! The terrifying arc cleaves his hapless foe asunder, shattering the rifle that he brings helplessly upwards to block the blow. He swipes with such force that his fearsome sword passes right through his enemy's body, severing his kidney, and cleaves right into the next. He swipes with such force that the leftward German is sliced apart from rib to hip! He swipes with such force that his claymore is thrust into the frosted earth, wherein it is stuck! Wallace is disarmed! He is showered with blood! His foes are slain! The towering and frightful Scot hears gasps of repulsed astonishment coming from the barn's unshuttered windows.

Item Lost! Mighty Claymore!
Item Acquired! Blood Covered Evening Jacket (temporarily -3 to Gentlemanliness)
Gentlemanliness Increased! Thunderous and Solitary Charge!
Caddishness Increased! Exceedingly Bloodthirsty!

Pretend to, or actually, prey to cover up the fact that I'm car sick. Then, run towards Wallace to assist him against the Germans, using my walking bat stick to block bullets lightsaber style. Also, move from cover to cover as a more feasible way of not getting shot.

As a German peers out of the doorway of the small outhouse that von Hildenbrand recently entered to enquire as to what all the sudden commotion is about, he sees our noble American friend briefly drop to his knees and pray [2]. If the German is impressed by this display of religious devotion, he is clearly not impressed enough to refrain from firing upon the praying man as soon as he rises to his feet, and he unloads his revolver upon von Hildebrand's pursuer.

Quicker than the German's eyes can see; quicker than one would suspect the human mind can react, Winston Smith bats the first four bullets out of the air with his walking bat stick [6] before daintily rolling into the cover of the corner of the wall of the outhouse to avoid the final pair of bullets [5]. He hears what can only be assumed to be a vulgar Prussian curse as he hears the telltale sounds of a man reloading his revolver.

Skill Acquired! Walking Bat Stick Deflection (+1 to avoiding missile fire when wielding a walking bat stick.

Descending from the same car in a similar daze to Smith, Wellington also aims to reinforce the Scottish advance. He looks about for a discarded German weapon [3] but no German has yet fallen, and he finds nothing of use. He looks upon Wallace, locked in mortal combat with the two German soldiers, and covers him with his gentlemanly comradeship and best wishes, hoping that this should provide protection enough.

Draw my sword and a revolver. Prepare for battle. Begin shooting at the zeppelin.

Some twenty yards away to the south McGeenyton is charging forwards towards the frontline when he draws his sword and unholsters his revolver [1]. He stumbles and trips as he draws his sword and manages to cut his hip on the draw. He incurs a light wound! He drops the revolver in astonishment! He frowns in mild irritation!

Item Lost! Revolver
Wound Acquired! Light Wound to Left Hip!
Item Acquired! Gashed Evening Jacket!
Item Acquired! A Slight Frown!

Kindly excuse myself to our German prisoner as I tie him up, using his own belt or suspenders and promise I'll come back and relieve him of this inconvenient situation once the bloody business at hand is resolved. Then leave him behind and make way closer to the farms, moving from cover to cover.

Thinking to follow McGeenyton, Von Fersen kindly excuses himself to his German prisoner, tying him up with his own belt and suspenders [5] and moves from cover to cover towards the farm buildings that even as we speak are being lit up by the fearful fire of war. Advancing forward with the fleetfooted tenacity of the Swedish Elk through the lurking nighttime shadows [6], he is upon the enemy before he even realises it himself! He finds himself a few yards away from Wallace, face to face with his own pair of German soldiers!

Skill Acquired! Fleetfooted Tenacity of the Swedish Elk (+1 to fast stealthy movement across difficult ground).

At the rear, a proud part-Scot, a born gentleman, a leader of men, John Link remains where a commander should, directing the covering fire of Wallace's marching band. He strikes up a profoundly detailed conversation with Highlander Private Mackenzie regarding the intricacies of the Perthshire bagpipe tradition and its influences on modern Scottish folk music and its role as a catalyst in the modern Scottish nationalist movement [6].

Skill Acquired! Knowledge of the Bagpipes! (+1 to all bagpipe related knowledge rolls).

Clarity Spoiler
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - The Battle for Mayfever Farm, Kent
« Reply #218 on: September 06, 2011, 04:09:51 pm »

Wow. Did not think that would work.

Jump out of cover, walking bat stick in hand, and say, "Bloody German, it is the will of god that I block your bullets, and it will be the will of god that you're skull will be caved. So Surrender!" Hope the German speaks English. Give him a chance to respond. If he says no, continues to reload, or tries to fight back, then attack him.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2011, 05:04:38 pm »

Get into cover as i have no weapon and try to clean off the blood.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2011, 12:18:46 pm »

Fire shotgun at one of my German oppositionists, then duck behind cover and reload.

What kind of shotgun is it, anyway? I have basically no knowledge of weapons of this era, and I decided it was better safe than sorry and assumed it was a one-shot gun.
Love, scriver~

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 07, 2011, 12:29:54 pm »

A gentlemanly double barreled shotgun. Good for grouse.

Edit: whilst waiting for Geen to post I am writing the turn up, and will assume that you want to use both barrels and so shoot once at each German.

I can change this if you want though. I've just got half an hour spare so thought I'd get on with it.

Second Edit: no you totally can't change this, I've rolled, written and enjoyed both barrels. Sorry about that. I'll post the turn tomorrow, hopefully.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 04:32:51 pm by lawastooshort »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 07, 2011, 01:56:33 pm »

Sneak onto the Zep. Find a disguise.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 07, 2011, 02:54:44 pm »

Search the slain Germans for a weapon, then follow Wallace regardless, readying my top hat. Especially in case they bring out something akin to a panzerfaust. In that case, fling the rocket into the air with the top hat.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 07, 2011, 07:36:00 pm »

Pick up my revolver, call for a medic, and shoot the zeppelin.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50