Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50

Author Topic: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter Three Part Twenty One.  (Read 74889 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter One Part Two
« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2011, 05:35:44 am »

You may realise that you might require an umbrella if it rains. A gentleman doesn't get wet unless it is absolutely required.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2011, 07:01:05 am »

Indeed, England's a rainy country (or is that Wales?) either way, it's best to be safe.

Grab an umbrella, and stick with the plan set out by Link. Don't forget my walking flying furry animal stick.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2011, 07:06:50 am »

Indeed, England's a rainy country (or is that Wales?) either way, it's best to be safe.

Grab an umbrella, and stick with the plan set out by Link. Don't forget my walking flying furry animal stick.

Are you going off to Waterloo, or to Dover? I will assume Waterloo, I'm going to try to update today.

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 26, 2011, 07:08:02 am »

Yes, yes, to Waterloo. The American's have got to have at least a little part this time.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2011, 12:14:59 pm »

Follow the others, asking for a top hat.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 26, 2011, 12:22:13 pm »

For god's sake man, just take a suitable hat from one of the dead germans if you need one.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 26, 2011, 12:23:59 pm »

Follow the others, asking for a top hat.

Which others? Are you going to Dover or to Waterloo?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 26, 2011, 12:51:26 pm »

He's going beyond the wall.

Harharhar.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2011, 02:08:25 pm »

Grab an umbrella and head to waterloo, watching for the next train.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2011, 02:26:24 pm »

Grab an umbrella and head to waterloo, watching for the next train.

I have to say I don't know what to make of this.

McGeenyton - I'm probably going to randomise you to decide which group you follow. I'd send you automatically to Waterloo to even the numbers, but democracy isn't a terribly gentlemanly thing.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Be a Gentleman Spy - Chapter One Part Three
« Reply #145 on: August 26, 2011, 02:31:13 pm »

Chapter One Part Three

Before the gentlemen depart, Sir Melville orders one of his servants to telegram ahead to Calais, where he has a contact waiting. He suggests however that if von Junker manages to leave Dover he could then go anywhere – Calais, Rotterdam, Berlin; the German could even go through Belgium, which would surely lead to a tricky diplomatic situation.

While the group straighten their jackets and put on their hats, Winston Smith remembers his walking bat stick and picks it up, brushing it off with a handkerchief. Von Fersen excuses himself with a delicate yet manly cough as he stoops to seize the dead German’s double barreled shot gun; searching through the lounge coat pockets of the unfortunate man he finds a rather bloodstained and dirty dozen shells. To complete his fearsome war attire he props the umbrella that had recently served him so well against his shoulder.

“Gentlemen,” he starts, “I believe it is time we made haste.”

Wellington and Smith decide to leave immediately, planning to travel on foot at a gentlemanly pace to confront von Junker at Waterloo Station. Sir Melville summons his car, and as these two noble regiments of the King’s finest are about to leave, the infamous spymaster speaks.

“I say old chaps. I shan’t make any further speeches: you know the importance of your task. But I will wish you good luck, and God’s blessing. McGeenyton,” he continues, “I have something that may be of some utility to you.”

He shakes the hand of every gentleman there, and as he shakes that of Mr McGeenyton, he presses something into his palm.

It is an explosive pocket watch.

Item Acquired! An Explosive Pocket Watch.

The Second Battle of Waterloo

Misters William Wellington and Winston Smith leave Sir Melville’s rooms and descend to the street, the late night snow still gently falling, lending a peaceful air to the opening gambit of their vital task.

They head East through London, through Covent Garden and past the magistrates’ court on Bow Street, and around half an hour later they cross the Thames and arrive at Waterloo Station. The time is 10 minutes past midnight, and Smith notes that they have some 20 minutes before Hans von Junker’s train is scheduled to arrive.

He suggests they stop for a cup of tea in the lounge still open inside the entrance.

The Assault on Dover

Shortly after the first group leave to intercept von Junker, the remaining gentlemen are to be found conversing in Oxford Street, weighing up the relative merits of the guillotine cut or the English cut when preparing cigars. The general opinion is veering towards support of the latter, unsurprisingly, when one of Sir Melville’s butlers brings the car around.

It is a fine machine, which the butler explains Sir Melville had commissioned specially and was made by a chap called Royce in Manchester. It gleams silver in the moonlight.

Link, von Fersen, McGeenyton and Wallace climb aboard, and the intrepid gentlemen are driven forth through the night for the port of Dover.

It is around 3am in the morning when they arrive in Dover’s town centre. There isn't a soul to be seen, and the snow lays an inch thick upon the ground.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 02:42:12 pm by lawastooshort »

areyoua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 26, 2011, 03:13:21 pm »

It saddens me that at the last battle of Waterloo, the Prussians were on your our side and with a decisive role at that, but now, just half a century latter, we must put up with Germans seeking to steal from us. But wait, if the Prussians switched sides...

Find a patriotic Frenchmen (towards either England of France) and warn him of the threat Germany poses to France, and see if I can't convince him to help us recapture Napoleon von Junker.

Doesn't have to be a PC, and he doesn't have to do much. I just want to do something while waiting for von Junker.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 26, 2011, 03:36:05 pm »

Find a few Scots that are patriotic towards Scotland and enlist them to help us, i mean which Scot wouldn't help a relative of William Wallace.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 26, 2011, 03:38:21 pm »

Find a few Scots
Aaaand done.

Play I see what you don't see while we're in the car. And what I'm seeing is an aerial transportation device. Once arrived, start chatting up a few locals about any exotic devices that they might have seen.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »

Follow Darvi around, and let him do the talking. Except for the polite conversation necessary for any gentleman of tact, of course.

It saddens me that at the last battle of Waterloo, the Prussians were on your our side and with a decisive role at that, but now, just half a century latter, we must put up with Germans seeking to steal from us. But wait, if the Prussians switched sides...

Find a patriotic Frenchmen (towards either England of France) and warn him of the threat Germany poses to France, and see if I can't convince him to help us recapture Napoleon von Junker.

Doesn't have to be a PC, and he doesn't have to do much. I just want to do something while waiting for von Junker.
Why Frenchmen? Britishfolk not good enough? ;)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 50