Poll

Favorite power?

Hypnotism
- 7 (58.3%)
Mist Form
- 2 (16.7%)
Stoneskin
- 2 (16.7%)
Other ( I will change this poll a bit when more powers are revealed. )
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: You Are a Vampire  (Read 35343 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Vampire
« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2011, 06:56:05 am »

I thought he was just a minor lordling who happened to have a castle, the same position Francis was probably in.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2011, 07:02:36 am »

Alright, I guess you guys should vote on exactly what Lord Reginald's position is, can't be higher than a lord. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2011, 07:04:59 am »

a knight who has been given some land due to his loyalty and duty. Or he bought the title.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2011, 07:37:23 am »

Or a count, or a thane, or an earl...

Yeah, he could be any of a number of things.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2011, 02:02:56 am »

I'm going to use Micelus' suggestion, and mix it up a bit with some of my own ideas

That little piece of history you just heard from Ben is quite enlightening.  You don't have any use for it though.

Despite your success at getting in Lord Jameson's good graces, you have a long way to go.  You could use some sort support from another man of power.  Who better than Lord Reginald?

From what Francis told you, Lord Reginald wasn't an actual lord.  He was a knight, who served bravely and wisely in the War of the Eagle.  He amassed quite a following, mostly knights and veteran warriors who applauded and efforts and success.  During the peak of the war, he organized his fellow knights and soldiers and made his own army, which acted as reinforcements to the Imperial Army during the final ( and momentous ) battle of the war.  When the nobles and lords asked him to step down, he refused. 

Normally this would have been considered treason, but Emperor Frederick pardoned him due to Reginald's undisputed success and help during the war, not to mention the fact that Lord Reginald was a close friend of the emperor.  Now, the man contests Jameson's power, and despite having no support whatsoever from the nobles, his army and wisdom have been enough ( so far ) to stabilize his power. 

For the umpteenth time, you exit your castle and head North, to Varhold castle, more of a military fortress than a lord's home.  It is swarming with soldiers, but you are allowed inside as a petitioner.  Within the great ( but generic ) hall, you see various peasants and other petitioners begging for Lord Reginald to help with their various problems.  Once again, you patiently wait your turn.

The moment you step in front of him, you sense that Lord Reginald knows what you are.  Just before he alerts his guards and knights, you stare into his eyes, enslaving his mind.  He fights it, harder than Lord Jameson did, but he eventually succumbs to your will. 

"My lord, may we speak in private?"

"Very well." he says, much to the objection of his knights.

"My lord" one says, "do not go with this man without any guards."

"N-no.  I will go alone." Lord Reginald says, desperately trying to break your hold on him.

You head into a dimly lit hallway, where no one can hear you. 

"Lord Reginald, you know what I am?  Nod if yes."

He nods, slowly but surely.

"I see...if you try to run or alert your knights, I will kill each and every one of them, is that what you want?"

He shakes his head, with anger this time.

"Good.  I will let you speak.  A single move from me will kill you, so behave."

You let go of his mind.

"Vampire, how dare you barge into my castle and do that!"

"A little more quietly please.  I merely sought your audience, but you were about to compromise my identity and nature, which I could not allow.  How did you know I was a vampire?"

"I encountered one of you during the Eagle War.  Picked off my men, one by one, until I tricked the bugger into drinking blood from a corpse.  Almost died, my men finished him off." he says, brusquely.

"Interesting.  Now, may I speak freely?"

"Fine."

"I would like to gain your favor-".

"Why, in the name of all that is good, should I do that?". 

"Come now, you are an experienced general, you should know an asset when you see one.  I am much stronger and faster than any normal man, more physically powerful than even your best knight.  I must have some use?"

"...Alright.  If you can prove your loyalty and worth, I'll be more inclined to help.  But if you so much as scratch any of my men, I'll set them loose on you.  Not even you can fight off two-thousand men."

"I am glad to see you are so open minded.  Now before I act as your little vampire soldier, what is your opinion of Lord Jameson?"

"That womanizing bugger?  I hate him even more than you.  A decent lord, he plays his game well enough, but he doesn't care about his subjects or his men.  He is lustful, lazy, and cruel when he takes moondust.  An absolutely abhorrent ruler."

"And you think that you're better?"

"Better?  No.  But I do my duty, unlike him.  I don't bother with women or dreadful powders, I'm too busy for that.  I'm no lord, despite what people call me, I'm a general, like you said.  Politics is nothing to me.  I may not have a silver tongue, but I've got an iron fist."

"I see."

Polar opposites, occupying the same province.  Whose side should you take?

Some introduction, exposition, etc.  What now?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2011, 02:10:34 am »

I've a strong inclination to help Reginald....But he's not as controllable as Jameson...however if we show that not all vampires are killers, we may be able to gain his trust.

So in other words, lets help Reginald AND Jameson. In the end they'll kill each other and we'll (through complex plots) be the heir to both their castles.

Anyway, we'll help Reginald. Ask him if there are any troubles in the province. Accept any orders.

Finally, get silver. a lot of silver. Buy it from town, get some from the castle, I don't care. Forge a sword and collars/bracelets out of it.

Also, head back to Jameson for a hunting trip at night. Invite Ben and Jameson's two new whores.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 03, 2011, 02:15:29 am »

I've a strong inclination to help Reginald....But he's not as controllable as Jameson...however if we show that not all vampires are killers, we may be able to gain his trust.

Erm...remember, Drake already caused the death of around a dozen or more peasants back before his brawl with Ben.  Even if Drake didn't drink their blood, he technically sent them to their deaths.

But yeah, I will still acknowledge this suggestion completely, unless other people vote otherwise. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 03, 2011, 02:27:52 am »

Erm...remember, Drake already caused the death of around a dozen or more peasants back before his brawl with Ben.  Even if Drake didn't drink their blood, he technically sent them to their deaths.

But yeah, I will still acknowledge this suggestion completely, unless other people vote otherwise.

Reginald doesn't know it was us. If he got any report at all, it would say something about werewolves.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 03, 2011, 02:46:59 am »

Quite. Those werewolves are blood thirsty buggers, arent they?  :P

I want to side with Jameson, he is easier to manipulate. But Reginald does have his merits however, he has more men at his command, is more highly respected and is closer to the emperor. But he knows what we are. And that is BAD. I have a feeling that we should sick ben on him when it is most opportune for us. Maybe on a hunting trip with jameson? Hmmm...

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 03, 2011, 06:09:50 am »

"I see...if you try to run or alert your knights, I will kill each and every one of them, is that what you want?"

He shakes his head, with anger this time.

"Good.  I will let you speak.  A single move from me will kill you, so behave."

Could we STOP THREATENING EVERYONE WE MEET?

Reginald is probably a lost cause. He was a better option, but by threatening him and his men while being patronizing, we've probably ruined any chance of getting him legitimately on our side - at most we might achieve us being on his side. Furthermore, he'll be expecting us to try assassinating him.

Our best bet is probably to ingratiate ourselves to him, get blackmail on him, then either:
1) Destroy him with it without giving him a way to retaliate against us
2) Destroy all evidence we have for him, making it very clear that we're doing so because we want a partnership with him. If we're going with this option, we probably shouldn't risk anything trying to get blackmail. Patience will profit us.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 03, 2011, 06:41:07 am »

You guys aren't giving me any cover story, I'm tired of constantly saying "I'm a vampire" to various people, seriously Drake's identity can hardly be called a secret anymore.  I solved this by having Reginald already know of the existence of vampires, but I can't do that all the time obviously. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 03, 2011, 07:14:06 am »

I... what?

Reginald knew we were a vampire and because of that, we had to use our powers then threaten everyone we could think of? Because we didn't have a cover story? I... do not understand.

If you want us to have a cover story, it would be better to ask us what we say when we first meet him after we've gotten our first impression of him instead of skipping to for some reason threatening him. If we're going to lie, it's probably in our interest to make up a lie he seems like he'll like.

Edited to make the tone less hostile-sounding.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 07:17:57 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 03, 2011, 07:16:47 am »

See, constructive criticism like that is what makes forum games improve. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2011, 06:40:44 am »

So, side with Jameson ( for now )? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2011, 06:45:05 am »

I was thinking of just working for both of them, but openly with Jameson. We can work with Reginald behind close doors.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28