Poll

Favorite power?

Hypnotism
- 7 (58.3%)
Mist Form
- 2 (16.7%)
Stoneskin
- 2 (16.7%)
Other ( I will change this poll a bit when more powers are revealed. )
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: You Are a Vampire  (Read 34219 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Vampire
« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2011, 05:19:30 am »

Get it up to our castle unnoticed?

Feed it?

Make sure it doesn't break loose?

It's better to kill it if we can, since it can just follow us with it's sense of smell and sniff out our scent trail if we run. If we cannot kill it, at least cripple it. Hopefully Arianne knows how to deal with this monster...

Transform it to its human self.

The local wildlife

A collar of silver , Arianne's advice, and a lot of training?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2011, 06:15:03 am »

Since he will revert back once the full moon is gone, he won't be tamable anymore. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2011, 06:23:13 am »

Yeah, and besides... Weren't we already planning to keep the werewolf's wife as a 'pet'? :P Could be problematic.

Nah, let's just grab the candelabra and follow them townsfolk, trying to sneak up on the thing to get a stab in while they distract him. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2011, 08:03:55 am »

Nah, we should make a trap for the beast. When it comes in through the door, we drop down on it from the doorway and bend the candelabra around it's neck to make a collar. Then when it's in pain, we beat the shit out of it.

Make sure to make an effort to find other silver stuff first, even other weapons that aren't silver. They may not hurt the thing, but if we can pin it's limbs down while it's in pain then it won't be able to do much and we can find something else that's silver and stab the thing.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2011, 09:14:56 pm »

I really can't tell which decision you guys are voting for, I don't think you've even voted yet.  These are all good ideas ( other than the taming him part ) but I need to know which one the majority will prefer.  You guys are the voices in Drake's head after all. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2011, 09:17:07 pm »

I vote: Grab the silver Candelabra and/or any other sharp silver objects, and follow the townsfolk. Once they're distracting the beast, sneak up and stab him with the sharp bit. Oh, and remove the candles from it, first...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2011, 10:30:06 pm »

I vote: Grab the silver candelabra, quickly search for other silver items then prepare a trap in the tavern for the wolf, by dropping on it from above the doorway, wrapping the candelabra around it's neck and beating the crap out of it. Taking the candles off first is also a good idea.

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 10:34:32 pm »

I vote: Grab the silver Candelabra and/or any other sharp silver objects, and follow the townsfolk. Once they're distracting the beast, sneak up and stab him with the sharp bit. Oh, and remove the candles from it, first...

Vote this.
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2011, 01:37:55 am »

I vote: Grab the silver candelabra, quickly search for other silver items then prepare a trap in the tavern for the wolf, by dropping on it from above the doorway, wrapping the candelabra around it's neck and beating the crap out of it. Taking the candles off first is also a good idea.

I concur with this statement. We need a tie breaker. Might be a good idea for the GM to vote once.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:03 am »

Used random.org, got a 99 ( really would have been useful against the werewolf ) which means that I'm voting for the whole "trap the werewolf and give him a silver candelabra collar".  I'll write up a turn soon. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2011, 03:50:44 am »

One turn, coming up!

Those idiotic peasants are definitely going to die.  Even in such a large group, the wolf could easily tear through them, or if wanted, pick them apart.  Not even running away would help.  Then again, running away wouldn't help you either.  It's practically impossible to physically outrun a werewolf, and even if you got away, it could ( and would ) track you.  Werewolves and vampires hate each other with a passion, and he certainly wasn't going to let you go, especially considering you stole his wife. 

No you would have to fight.  But you will fight on your own terms. 

Silver is their weakness, that's what Francis always reminded me about...

Thinking in your usual rapid way, you grab the nearby candelabra and examine it.  Pure silver.  Plucking out the candles, you bend the candle holder together, and then you super-heat it using the torch.  The extremely hot, remodeled candelabra burns your hand, but you ignore it. 

Your keen senses of smell and hearing easily pick up the screams coming from the angry mob, along with the smell of their newly-dead corpses.  Our furry friend was just finishing up it seemed.  You shriek, a deathly cry that echoes into the night, and then you go to hide. 

Outside, behind the butcher shop, a werewolf listens to a vampiric wail.  It cautiously moves forward, and locates the source of the sound: the tavern.  It seeks your cold flesh, it will not stop.  The door, left open, is barely big enough to allow this gargantuan beast through.  He, again very cautiously, enters.

Closer...closer..., you think to yourself. 

The werewolf goes into the middle of the tavern, knocking aside a table and two chairs. 

Now! you tell yourself. 

You fall. 

The wolf looks up, but it's too late.  Of all the places he expected you to come from, he could never have imagined you jumping down on him from the rafters.  With a mighty heave, you twist the steaming hot candelabra collar around the beast's large neck.  He howls in pain, and throws you back, through the wall of the tavern.

After a few seconds, you jump up and find yourself outside in the middle of the village.  To the west, you smell corpses, but your focus is in front of you.  The werewolf turns around, roaring.  It is still as strong as ever, but you can see the pain in his eyes.  He moves slower, slow enough.  You charge.

Stopping just in front of the beast, you spin on your left foot, kicking the wolf in the face with your right shin.  It hurts, but it hurts the werewolf more.  He manages to swipe you with his arm, sending you flying back, but you land on your feet.  The impact wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.  That's good.  That means the wolf is weakening. 

The werewolf stumbles out to meet you, but you're too quick.  You somersault into the air, landing on his back again.  You unsheathe your claws. 

"Awwwwwoooooo!"

You furiously slash at his back with your nail claws, making cuts everywhere, until the entirety of his back is bleeding, and your hands are crimson red.  He continues to fight, but vainly.  Desperately, he tries to throw you off, but the collar, along with the great loss of blood has weakened him far too much.  He collapses and you jump off in time.

Waiting patiently, you see him revert back to his human form.  The silver collar slips off, and you tie it around his ankle, where it continues to burn his flesh.  The new pain wakes him up. 

"Wha?" he mumbles incoherently.

"Hello my furry canine friend.  My name is Drake Mordant."

Do you guys think that was epic, or just so-so?  I had a lot of fun writing it.  What are you going to do with our new captive?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2011, 03:55:36 am »

Epicish.
Ask him if he knows he's a werewolf. Tell him that he just killed a whole tavern full of people. Tell him we'll offer him refuge in the castle if he serves us. Oh and check the corpses for valuables, especially the mercenary

You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 26, 2011, 03:57:31 am »

Epicish.
Ask him if he knows he's a werewolf. Tell him that he just killed a whole tavern full of people. Tell him we'll offer him refuge in the castle if he serves us. Oh and check the corpses for valuables, especially the mercenary

Epicish? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2011, 04:02:38 am »

It was good. It was epic but I've found myself saying that nearly everything is epic/awesome. Trying to conserve those words for...well really epic/awesome stuff.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2011, 04:27:00 am »

I liked the style of writing. It enforces you to think outside of the box. Good stuff.

Question, what are the advantages and weaknesses of this type of vampire? Does it follow the V:TM build or is it typical, stake in the heart is deadly?

Don't forget to Drag a few corpses out sight and drain them dry.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28