Poll

Favorite power?

Hypnotism
- 7 (58.3%)
Mist Form
- 2 (16.7%)
Stoneskin
- 2 (16.7%)
Other ( I will change this poll a bit when more powers are revealed. )
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28

Author Topic: You Are a Vampire  (Read 34093 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Vampire
« Reply #345 on: September 16, 2011, 08:48:56 am »

I was hoping you guys would ask Drake to feed, because I'm going to do a plot related thing, which I have been dropping clues to in previous turns.  The time has come. 

The next night, you wake up, feeling the need for blood.  You are hungry, very hungry.  But at the same time, you feel something else at the back of your mind, something primordial, almost as old as the thirst itself.  The True Hunt. 

You fondly remember Francis teaching you about this.  He told you that vampires were many things, but above all, they are hunters.  Vampires do not farm like humans, or else the entire vampire race would become progressively weaker.  According to your later maker, the True Hunt was an ancient tradition, which could pop up at any time a vampire feels the thirst.  This tradition forced the vampire in question to rely not just on his or her strength and speed, but on wit and skill, along with sheer determination. 

You go into the study, and reach into the box that lays on the pedestal at the end of the room.  Inside is a ring, completely unadorned, but even to a human it would appear valuable.  You put it on.  The metal clings to your flesh, refusing to let go, not until it has been sated.

Suddenly, you feel as if you're shrinking, losing weight and size, but physically, you appear the same.  But the strength, the hardiness and the speed common to vampires is gone, at least, until you take off the ring. 

Heading outside, you walk to the town, with human-like speed, it's oddly refreshing, this weakness.  The night time, filled with its seedy and illegal occupants, will undoubtedly present fresh prey. 

In fact, there is one man right there, a big man, large, a guard?  No, he has no uniform, must be another mercenary, what could possibly be bringing so many of them into the town? 

No matter, this man shall be your pray.  He is armed, you are not, but that doesn't mean you don't have any advantage.  Your wit, skill, charm, stealth, these are still yours, and if you manipulate the situation, you will undoubtedly beat him.  How will you hunt your prey?

A slight challenge, find a way to kill this man ( without anybody noticing, obviously ).  He is strong, he is a fighter, and he is armed.  But, then again, you are Drake. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 16, 2011, 08:54:36 am »

Ok, a little detour in our plans. While in town, go walking into the seedy parts of town. In the alleys and docks or whatever, we should eventually be met by a thug or thief. Using our superior abilities, we can disarm them and suck him/her dry.

I did suggest to feed...

I'm tired, so I probably won't be able to offer a good suggestion, but here's mine.

Ask him what a mercenary like him is doing here. What troubles are so great that warriors are coming to look for work here? I need that question answered before I can do anything else with him.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2011, 11:02:25 am »

Yeah, just going on ahead and eating him could bring unwanted attention, even if nobody notices. We need to find out more.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 16, 2011, 11:13:29 am »

Practical, that's good.

You approach your prey, not with a cat-like stance or menacing growl, but with casual, easy movements.  He seems a bit surprised, he didn't hear you sneak up on him. 

"Hello good sir," you say in your sweetest voice, "are you by any chance a mercenary?"

"Sorry, already hired."  Interesting. 

"Would you mind telling me who your employer is, so that I may contact him?"

"And why the bloody hell should I tell you that?"

He tries to intimidate you.  You slink away, as if you were actually scared, it wouldn't be good for you to reveal your true nature.  Subtlety is key here.

What shall you do next?

I'm gonna take this hunt step by step, make it slightly more interactive.   I actually rolled the "tell me who your employer is", but Drake failed, miserably. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Audioworm333

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: weirdness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 16, 2011, 01:43:47 pm »

This bloke seems strong-willed, hypnosis probably won't work on him.
As for what to do, I have no idea, just not involving hypnosis.
I didn't really understand why I died until I discovered I was teleporting my own spine into my enemies' body as a primary way of attack.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 16, 2011, 03:53:28 pm »

I'd be tempted to try what we did with the werewolf earlier in the story. Draw attention somewhere else, make him investigate a quiet spot, and then jump him from above. This might not be possible though. We should still have a silvered sword if push comes to shove, but fighting a merc with normal strength in a straight fight is stupid.

If we want to get information from him we could say that we have a business proposal for his boss and try and get a location out of him. It would mean more footwork, but we could find out who the employer is.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 16, 2011, 05:49:55 pm »

I'd be tempted to try what we did with the werewolf earlier in the story. Draw attention somewhere else, make him investigate a quiet spot, and then jump him from above. This might not be possible though. We should still have a silvered sword if push comes to shove, but fighting a merc with normal strength in a straight fight is stupid.

If we want to get information from him we could say that we have a business proposal for his boss and try and get a location out of him. It would mean more footwork, but we could find out who the employer is.

Agreed.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 16, 2011, 10:56:33 pm »

Merc's being hired means something is going down. Best to find out who he is working for.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01:42 pm »

Merc's being hired means something is going down. Best to find out who he is working for.

Word. Law of Conservation of Detail indicates likelihood it's relevant to our goals.

And hell, if it isn't, it probably will be once we find out.

This bloke seems strong-willed, hypnosis probably won't work on him.
As for what to do, I have no idea, just not involving hypnosis.

Agreed on the hypnosis. It's barely functional, as I'm fond of mentioning, and I'm guessing while we're powered-down it's even more likely to fail than normal.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 17, 2011, 08:51:34 am »

Just a reminder, none of Drake's powers work, at all, if he is wearing the ring.  And I completely forgot about the sword, if push comes to shove, I guess Drake can use that, if that's what you want. 

You continue to observe your prey.  Hunting and feeding is important, but the topic of his employer has intrigued you, and will most likely be important. Tradition is good, but the reason vampires have survived this long is because they are practical.  Yes, the powers and ruthlessness helped, but let's not focus on that. 

It is paramount to find out who the employer of this man, along with other mercenaries, is.  You cautiously approach, making yourself look intimidated and fearful.  He sneers at you, exuding arrogance.

"What is it now?" he asks, gruffly. 

"Forgive me sir, for my forwardness before, I was actually in this village on the advice of a fellow businessman, he told me that I could find someone powerful and rich to trade with, and he mentioned something about this mysterious man being rather militant.  I saw you, and made an assumption.", this is total garbage, really. 

Amazingly, it works.  This mercenary isn't that bright after all.

"Oh.  Well, alright.  I don't know his real name, I just know that he is powerful, and yes, rich.  I've never met him, he had one of his men meet me, I could show you that man, if you wish."

Amazing. 

"Do you know where this agent is?"

"Oh, yeah, he's in Gulham Port, I think he was some sort of tax collector."

Interesting.  Well, you have gained the information from this man, it is time to take his blood.  But how? 

The better question is, how do you drink his blood without dying or alerting any guards? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 17, 2011, 08:56:28 am »

How do mercs spend their leisure time? Either a) getting f**ked or b) getting drunk. Since Arianne and Rachel aren't here, ask him if he wants to share a few mugs of beer. Surely he'll fall for that.

If he does, get him so drunk, that he can't walk. Tell the barkeep that you'll bring him out to get some air. Go to secluded alley and bite him.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:00:04 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 17, 2011, 06:43:51 pm »

Bonus: If we do that, we get hammered by proxy.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 17, 2011, 09:23:34 pm »

One problem: the merc is on duty. This means that he won't abandon his post that easily. I'd move around to a side and make some noise, by the time he gets there you can get one free shot on him. I'd use the sword if we go this route, but I it would be more worthwhile to do this without a sword.

Anyone else have a plan?

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 18, 2011, 04:31:25 am »

Please explain? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 18, 2011, 04:38:14 am »

Please explain?

If we get him drunk then drain him dry....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 28