Poll

Favorite power?

Hypnotism
- 7 (58.3%)
Mist Form
- 2 (16.7%)
Stoneskin
- 2 (16.7%)
Other ( I will change this poll a bit when more powers are revealed. )
- 1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28

Author Topic: You Are a Vampire  (Read 34099 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: You Are a Vampire
« Reply #300 on: September 13, 2011, 03:12:52 am »

Ask them who they are, what their goal is, and how they met Stony. Try to learn their language.

This.

We got a good thing going here, and these people can be a valuable resource if we play our cards right.

Also we can lead them to BARBARIAN GLORY.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2011, 04:10:08 am »

Or let them kidnap/threaten that annoying lord who knows what we are.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2011, 04:20:11 am »

Or let them kidnap/threaten that annoying lord who knows what we are.

We have to take baby steps before we do that. These people don't trust us at all, and we don't even know their language. Besides, Reginald has an army protecting his castle and he's part of the empire. Sure, he isn't exactly popular among the populace, and he's no ruler, but he will still be protected by the Emperor when he hears about this.

Also, Reginald has armoured troops. I believe our raiders are just wearing leather and cloth and a few random bits of armour. We need to change that.

Stuff unrelated to response:

I have an idea; infect some of the raiders with the werewolf disease (lycanism?). We need a way to easily control werewolves but allow them to turn...A trip to Franci's/Francis' library should be a good start.

A question to GM, if we were to create another vampire and subsequently die later on, could we continue playing as the childer of Drake?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 04:28:50 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2011, 04:45:14 am »

On the succession question, if that is your wish, so be it.  I'll write up a turn soon.  So, it's essentially going to be:

Consolidate control over barbarians

Get to Francis' library, find book on Lycanism and its details

Is that it?  I need confirmation first before writing up the turn. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2011, 04:46:44 am »

Yeah but the lycanism-library thing is something I expected to be done next next turn. Do the raiders live nearby? If yes, then include the library suggestion in the turn.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2011, 04:49:50 am »

Oh right, your castle is pretty far away.  Seriously, you're going to do nothing with your savage army? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 13, 2011, 04:54:15 am »

A cliche about haste and waste comes to mind. If we try to do something now we're more like than not to squander them, frankly.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 13, 2011, 04:56:06 am »

A cliche about haste and waste comes to mind. If we try to do something now we're more like than not to squander them, frankly.

Agreed. We need to stockpile our forces and resources before we go with this plan:

...Like a certain band of raiders attacking the castle and Reginald being killed by a  werewolf after he gave a certain vampire deeds to the castle after proving his loyalty and goodness after he couldn't find a heir?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 13, 2011, 05:12:40 am »

Ok, so what's the official turn, increase barbarian relations, learn their language? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 13, 2011, 05:16:13 am »

And learn their goal and how they met Stony.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 13, 2011, 05:31:17 am »

Ok.

If you are to more effectively rule and understand these barbarians ( it feels nice calling them "your" people ) you must first learn their language.

7 hours later

Now that you have finished memorizing their language, you can now speak to their spiritual leader ( the man with the gray hair who was the only one who knew English ), as you now know him, about whatever you want.  First things first, you must learn about your predecessor.

"Gramo, what can you tell me about the other vampire?" you say, in Imgur, their language.

"He was a silent ruler.  But when he acted, it was brutal.  He always punished my people harshly for crimes, but they were crimes, so the punishment was tolerable.

"Don't worry, I won't be like that.  Now, tell me more about your tribe."

"Very well.  Before the castles were built, and steel was common, my people, we Crakoy, were here.  We fought with the molemen, deep under the Earth, and we hid from the wolf-men, during the nights of full moon. We needed a new home, and so we tried to move south, but we were stopped by the knights, atop their warhorses.  Many times we tried to fight our way south, but each time, they pushed us back.  Now, because of the other vampire, and you, Drake, we have made common cause with the molemen, and will reach our new home through the secret tunnels.

Hmm.  Perhaps they aren't bandits and savages, they didn't want to go south for raid and plunder, they wanted a new home, even if it meant killing anyone who stood in their way.  Interesting. 

"As your new chief, what must I do in order to preserve the Crakoy?"

"There is much to be done.  We hunt, and we trade with the bugs that the molemen eat, and it is enough, for now.  But in the future, we WILL need more food.  We need weapons.  We cannot fight the knights and the lords without better swords and axes.

Interesting, very interesting.

Another boring update, full of blatant exposition, what next? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 13, 2011, 05:47:40 am »

Just another question to ask. What would they feel about settling near our castle and setting up farms and herds there?

Or being trained in the ways of the Southern men?

Could we pay the Molemen to dig a tunnel (Like a tunnel that connects Reginald's castle with ours letting us attack him without having to go through his siege defenses and his walls?).
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:51:56 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 13, 2011, 07:50:41 am »

Maybe they can have our castle after we raid Reginald. They get a home, and we get a bigger castle. If nothing else we can have them live with us as servants if they get to live in our castle.

I'd also like to look into hiring molemen later. Until then ask about the Southern knights. Would be handy if they already had a grudge against Reginald.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 13, 2011, 09:55:26 am »

One last turn for tonight.

You have heard quite a bit of the Crakoy tribe's story.  Oddly enough, you feel a certain responsibility to them.  You can't really tell if it's pity, or a desire to prove something, or whatever.  You just know that these people ( not barbarians, people ) could really use your guidance and aid. 

You approach Gramo, and decide to ask a few more questions, from your end now.

"Gramo, if you and your people find a way into the southern lands, where would you stay?  Could you survive on farming?

"The Crakoy hunt and fight for food, for spoils, for honor.  We farm, only when there is no deer and other game in the forests.  We will not become like you southerners, we wish to remain strong."

He definitely won't accept mixing with the "southern" culture.  These tribesmen want to retain their independence, their heritage, their strength.  As heartwarming as that is, it's just not realistic.  Even with their martial prowess, these tribesmen don't have the number or the resources to beat back the armies of the empire.  The lords would never tolerate it, especially Lord Reginald. 

"Gramo, the molemen, can they dig tunnels to my caslte?"

"You have a castle?".

"Yes.  It would be a possible haven for the Crakoy-".

"Look around you, Mordant.  There are hundreds of us Crakoy, and if we win, and we will win, there will be more tribes, more who want this new land.  A single castle will not suffice.".

This isn't looking good.  You admit that while the Crakoy and other northerner tribes have both fighting skill and spirit, the sheer number of the levied armies, not to mention their superior weapons, will eventually crush the tribes.  Even if the molemen go through on their promise, even if the tribe sneaks in undetected, the armies would never stop coming, as long as the lords commanded it. 

But if the lords were dead and broken...

Welp, it doesn't like good for the Crakoy.  They don't have even a thousand warriors, and while they are highly effective guerrilla warriors ( I love guerrilla warfare ), even with Drake's leadership ( we still have to see how effective that would be ) they cannot hold out for long. 

Any plans?  Other than my blatant foreshadowing? 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 13, 2011, 11:45:48 am »

I'd suggest a plan but I can't think of any for now. Also this post is just so I can track the story.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 28