Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: building for adventure!  (Read 2603 times)

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
building for adventure!
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:19:09 pm »

if someone were to do something like build a house for an adventurer to stay in with fortress mode and put alot of chests and a bed and whatnot in it, would they be able to actually keep items in said chests and stuff or would it be mostly pointless?
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: building for adventure!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 02:33:33 am »

Well if you build an adventurer house for fort mode you have to make the adventurer apart of the civilization to allow them access to containers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:36:31 am »

You CAN keep items in containers.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:45:22 am »

oh I thought he was asking for adding his adventurer to fort mode and will adding chests be pointless or not.
yeah you can litter the whole area with chest but they would scatter. you could carry the chests and stash it in a lair, or use Dfusion(non scatter) or Dfliar to make the area scatter proof.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 04:09:43 pm »

na i was just asking if you could build a fort then abandon and move your adventurer in and put stuff in the containers and leave and come back and have the items and whatnot still be there in the containers

so yea, if i drop a chest in a town where i can find it and leave it there will it disapeere if i leave?

nvm answered that myself, it will, slept in town after droping my chest outside and it went poof, i also woke up REALLY far away from where i was sleeping
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 05:15:37 pm by Xotano »
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 10:48:51 pm »

If you want to abandon a fort for use in adventure mode make stuff out of heavy materials, they won't be strewn about quite so badly.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 07:29:08 am »

do placed containers scatter when you abandon?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 08:05:57 am »

do placed containers scatter when you abandon?
Built furniture doesn't.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 08:37:59 am »

cool but can i put stuff into it from my inventory therefore storing my stuff safely

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 08:46:19 am »

As far as i know stuff stored in a lair won`t scatter. Or so i`ve heard. So i`d embark upon a lair and build your house within it.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 09:17:47 am »

cool i guess i'll do that

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 11:16:04 am »

As far as i know stuff stored in a lair won`t scatter. Or so i`ve heard. So i`d embark upon a lair and build your house within it.
don't for embarking on top will cancel the abilities of storing items.
Second we already found out how to recreate the non scatter with normal forts using Utilities.
"body swapping and YOU!"

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:40 am »

Build a fort NEXT TO the lair, claim the fort's stuff, and stash it somewhere in the lair.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2011, 11:59:58 am »

so how do i do it

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2011, 04:59:59 pm »

Make a fort, place a bunch of chests, and use dflair (included with dfhack) to make the items not scatter.
Pages: [1] 2