Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adam and Eve Embark Mode  (Read 939 times)

toxiciron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adam and Eve Embark Mode
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:12:35 pm »

I searched the forums and did not see too anything like this, so I apologize if I missed it.
My suggestion is simple and intuitive - start a fortress in the middle of nowhere with absolutely nothing, not even clothing, and a male and female dwarf!
I know a lot of mechanics would have to change, like how brothers and sisters cannot mate and that you need at least copper picks to get anything done (maybe a tool and metallurgy history http://neon.mems.cmu.edu/cramb/Processing/history.html , http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/trades/tools.htm ) and maybe also disabling immigrants. It would add an interesting challenge and could possibly start at year 0, and maybe once it gets big enough dwarves could Emigrate to start new civs!...?

Tell me your feedbackses!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Adam and Eve Embark Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »

I suppose there will be no sieges?Neither MBs?

Time will need to be quicker then too ?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

toxiciron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 04:27:01 pm »

Hmm... well, maybe the other races have been around for a longer time, or maybe the sieges will hold off until enough time has passed for their civs to have enough people to siege someone else's fortress.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 04:33:06 pm »

We gonna need another age :Teenager,They can do most jobs and learn faster,but work less.

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 05:07:01 pm »

I suppose there will be no sieges?Neither MBs?

Time will need to be quicker then too ?
aren't MBs generated with the world? I'm not too sure, but if that's the case, probably no seiges, and maybe MBs.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

chuckthegr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 05:24:39 pm »

We gonna need another age :Teenager,They can do most jobs and learn faster,but work less.

They get lots of moods, they have a random +/- 50 happiness from Hormones and they get babies without marrying.

toxiciron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 10:15:55 pm »

They get lots of moods, they have a random +/- 50 happiness from Hormones and they get babies without marrying.

Urist McTeen has been sad lately. He has had a rush of hormones recently. His parents made him clean his room recently. He has been dumped a fourth time recently. He has discovered he is a father recently.

There could be a lot of room for humor there, now that I think about it. I mean actually in the game, like if Toady added it in.

@peskyninja - what you said about how they learn more quickly matches with something I heard about how babies actually learn 50 times faster than adults. Makes sense to me, they can learn a new language in only 3 years while also learning to walk and also learning the ways of the world all at once. I like that idea

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 10:46:32 am »

Urist McTeen has been sad lately. He has had a rush of hormones recently. His parents made him clean his room recently. He has been dumped a fourth time recently. He has discovered he is a father recently.

There could be a lot of room for humor there, now that I think about it. I mean actually in the game, like if Toady added it in.

@peskyninja - what you said about how they learn more quickly matches with something I heard about how babies actually learn 50 times faster than adults. Makes sense to me, they can learn a new language in only 3 years while also learning to walk and also learning the ways of the world all at once. I like that idea
i've heard that too,i guess it has to do with theur empty hard drives.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 12:48:33 pm »

Given how time passes in Fortress mode this mode would be unbearable given that it really does take over 10 years for a child to become an adult.

i've heard that too,i guess it has to do with theur empty hard drives

No it is a process in their brain that allows them to learn at an incredible rate that is is slows down as you get older.

In Theory It slows down because it isn't healthy for an adult to remain that susceptible (as you are open to all stimula)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2011, 01:51:39 pm »

agree,imagine a adult that believes that he came form a cabagge  :o

but I think in that game mode the time should pass quicker when needed

toxiciron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 02:44:49 pm »

agree,imagine a adult that believes that he came form a cabagge  :o

but I think in that game mode the time should pass quicker when needed

Yeah, that would be good because even one early accidental death could will end the game. The secret to this mode is babies. So I guess teens having babies without marrying isn't all that bad in this case.

Edosurist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2011, 01:06:54 am »

a few thousand years into the world, there should be a legend that is taken by a fey mood, built a wooden structure over water, collected two of each species, pulled the lever, and dropped it into the ocean as the sea level rose to cover the world...
or it could just simply be a matter of tossing cats into the river. whatever goes.
So now all we've got to do is to put a couple of grannies into the LHC and smash them against each other at relativistic speeds. Lather, rinse, repeat until we got results.