Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A few questions about adventurer reactions.  (Read 1069 times)

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
A few questions about adventurer reactions.
« on: August 20, 2011, 10:24:57 am »

Is it possible to make something that can only be crafted if you have a certain type of blood? Like dragons blood or something? Also, is it possible to make an object decorated by blood or vomit?
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A few questions about adventurer reactions.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 02:12:15 pm »

My guess (for the reagent, I haven't tried modding decorations):

[REAGENT:A:1:LIQUID_MISC:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:DRAGON:BLOOD]
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 12:16:23 am »

Also, is it possible to have a craft consume something and "degrade" it? For example, you use the book of the dead on a craft and you get a tattered book of the dead. You use it again on the same craft and you get a shredded one. You use it again on the craft and it disapears.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 12:25:39 am »

I don't know about different adjectives based on the amount left, but you might be able to have it work similarly to how thread is used, where one unit of it is 1500 or so and the reaction only uses 100 or something, but I'm not sure how you'd be able to tell it how much a unit is without it producing a million books of dead.
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 12:39:01 am »

Also, is it possible to have a craft consume something and "degrade" it? For example, you use the book of the dead on a craft and you get a tattered book of the dead. You use it again on the same craft and you get a shredded one. You use it again on the craft and it disapears.

I can think of a way to do it, but you'd need a separate reaction for each version.  Make the first reaction consume the book and produce a tattered book, then the next consume the tattered book and produce a shredded one, and so on.  You could also have chance-based consumption, where the reaction has a percent chance of producing the same item as the reagent used.

Also, for reactions using blood, make sure you adjust the number to account for dimensions.  LIQUID_MISC objects all seem to have a dimension of 150 (this was discovered by trial and error).

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 01:30:17 am »

Is it possible to make a craft option that requires a sentient corpse? I want to make a butcher related thing that will let you butcher the unbutcherable.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 01:36:04 am »

Is it possible to make a craft option that requires a sentient corpse? I want to make a butcher related thing that will let you butcher the unbutcherable.

CORPSE tokens in reactions are horribly, horribly broken.  If you can get one to do anything even remotely desirable, I want to know about it.  Every time I use one, the game either treats it like it's a NONE token (reagents) or crashes (products).

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 01:53:00 am »

Ok. Is it possible to make a reaction only accept a certain type of bone/bones? (for example, the reaction only accepts Macaque bones)

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 01:56:51 am »

Ok. Is it possible to make a reaction only accept a certain type of bone/bones? (for example, the reaction only accepts Macaque bones)

Try [REAGENT:A:1:CORPSEPIECE:NONE:CREATURE_MAT:CREATURE_ID:BONE]

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 01:59:27 am »

Thanks. Now all I need is to find a guide of how to mod in crafts.

[EDIT] I think I just found out myself :D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 03:35:00 am by Angel Of Death »

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 03:58:09 am »

Alright, can someone give me the REAGENTS for human bone and human skin? I'm too much of an idiot to work it out.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:15:48 am by Angel Of Death »