Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: What's your favourite way to kill?  (Read 16785 times)

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favourite way to kill?
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2011, 08:03:15 pm »

4 guys sittin' at a camp, all of a sudden a hail of crossbow bolts fly at them. Dave and Jeff fall over, unconscious. While Jerry and Mike are running for their lives, as they both took bolts themselves, a guy jumps out and slits the throats of the 2 unconscious, then starts pursuing the two lesser-fortunate, for they witness their own fate before experiencing it.
That puts a rather strange image in my mind...

4 random people sittin' around a fire roasting hot dogs over it and chatting over various stuff. All of a sudden, a hail of crossbolts (saying 'crossbow bolts' over and over again annoys me) blocks out the Sun. The cloud of bolts rains upon them, striking two unconscious and injuring/frightning the other two. The conscious ones run like mad for their lives, and stop to catch breath and turn around, only to see their two unconscious henchmen have their throats slashed/stabbed open. The ONE crossbowman shoots another British-Army-musket-volley-sized bolt hail at them, and continues the Bloody Massacre...

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 30, 2011, 07:22:04 am »

I typically try to be efficient about it. Disable weapon arm, go for something important. I don't prolong suffering unless I really need to level up my weapons skill. :P

kissa3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 30, 2011, 08:20:21 am »

Dwarf Fortress - a game where you level your combat skills by slowly enflicting pain and suffering upon your foes. Slower you do it - faster your combat skills grow.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 30, 2011, 08:36:48 am »

think ima up my hammer mace kick and strike to legendary on the next bandit/whatever i find, stomach blunt attacks never kill from what i'v seen, even when you damage the spine.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2011, 10:34:20 am »

Dwarf Fortress - a game where you level your combat skills by slowly enflicting pain and suffering upon your foes. Slower you do it - faster your combat skills grow.

Heh, yeah, I don't even want to know what happens when interrogation becomes a grindable skill.

think ima up my hammer mace kick and strike to legendary on the next bandit/whatever i find, stomach blunt attacks never kill from what i'v seen, even when you damage the spine.

Limbs work too. For some reason compound fractures don't seem to work quite the way they're supposed to. Also, be sure to find a though subject... you don't get experience from unconscious opponents, to the best of my knowledge.

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 30, 2011, 11:42:56 am »

As my Bronze Colossus, I grab them, strangle them, then literally break every single bone in their body. Then I either rip their head off, kick it in or punch it in.
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #96 on: September 30, 2011, 01:08:54 pm »

Crossbow, bolts everywhere, and shoot everything that moves.

Try to keep everything alive, in serious pain, and repeatedly stab them until they either bleed to death, or go unconscious.
If they go unconscious, start cutting.
With a hammer.
Or mod in a spoon.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 30, 2011, 03:16:11 pm »

I generally hack off their weapon hand, grab them by the throat, and strangle them to unconsciousness. Then I remove all the limbs, and gouge out their eyes. If they're next to a burnable object (Bush, tree, etc.), I'll only cut off the feet, and roast them.

Once I hacked apart a whole town in this manner by myself  :P

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2011, 03:17:40 pm »

[...] mod in a spoon.

Spoiler: How 'bout a sporf? (click to show/hide)

On topic, I like to go for the coup de grace insta-decapitation.  I did once manage to completely reduce an elf to just a torso and a head, which was awesome.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2011, 03:26:38 pm »

On topic, I like to go for the coup de grace insta-decapitation.  I did once manage to completely reduce an elf to just a torso and a head, which was awesome.
I used to decapitate all of my enemies, but that was just too easy and simple.

Now I sever all of their limbs and torture them all  :P

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2011, 05:10:34 pm »

Crossbow, bolts everywhere, and shoot everything that moves.
Quote from: NetHack Wiki
The samurai strategy is very simple: If it moves, stab it and if it's sessile, stab it anyway.
Probably not the best strategy out there, but it's fairly effective against enemies with leather armor.

Try playing as such an adventurer1 and slay all that does not appear to be civilized (i.e. goblins, night-beasts, etc.).

1AND FOLLOW THE SAMURAI CODE OF BUSHIDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This means NOT killing innocent sentients, and do not attack unless attacked first (although this part may get you killed).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2011, 06:56:50 pm »

EEEEEEP THE SPORF '-'

It's beautiful......

The latest in Dorf ingenuity, battle axe, dagger and shovel all in one ^_^
Great for lacerating your mouth, your enemies and kittens!

Buy yours today for 3 gold coins, one *, a kitten spleen cookie and the heads of 300 demons :D

Draximo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2012, 11:41:16 am »

right now im trying to get live bumblebees stuck in the bride of a narrow mans eyes, seeing as my previous adventurer already cut everything (including the guts) off. not sure how they get stuff out of their eyes with no arms or legs but whatever, lol. Another odd thing is that skins and leathers keep popping up by the hundreds, im not sure how since neither one has moved during the torture sessions and they keep appearing anyways. it REALLY lags things up but its worth it to show night beasts why THEY should fear the night lol.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »

I like to gouge there eyes out then break their ankles, maybe bite there nose off.

Then just continously pinch at there neck until they have bled to death.
Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

Mister Dirks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2012, 04:28:27 pm »

1 word: Intestines. Last adventurer had duel wield ogre intestines, and a bag filled with non-awesome intestines that I chuck at things at a distance. Surprisingly, intestines are quite powerful.
Every village = Farm plots
Vegetables grow and wither...
Thats about 100 tiles of dead food...

NECROMANCY, RAISE THE VEGETABLES!
WE WILL RULE THE WORLD THROUGH HEALTHY GOODNESS!!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8