Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fallout: NV Boone problem  (Read 2388 times)

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
Fallout: NV Boone problem
« on: August 20, 2011, 01:49:26 am »

I've been having a problem where Boone just disappeared. I was going to Zion Canyon, so I had to dismiss him from the party and it said he went back to Novac. When I got back, he was gone. He wasn't in Novac, and he didn't even appear on the map. I have several mods installed, but none of them would do this as far as I know. Anyone else have this problem and have a solution?

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: NV Boone problem
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2011, 05:10:53 am »

Wait a few days he might not have reached Novac yet.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 05:31:17 am »

I was in Zion for several days, so I'd think he would have gotten there by now.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 07:25:53 am »

I've had this with other companions. I think the latest patch added computer terminals to the Lucky 38 and some other place (Gun runners, I think) where you can force dismiss your companions, making them reappear either at the Lucky 38 or where you recruited them (Boone would be Novac, I suspect).
Entropy is not what it used to be.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 12:10:12 pm »

I've had this with other companions. I think the latest patch added computer terminals to the Lucky 38 and some other place (Gun runners, I think) where you can force dismiss your companions, making them reappear either at the Lucky 38 or where you recruited them (Boone would be Novac, I suspect).

I know that, thats what I used to dismiss him. The problem is that he isn't at Novac, or anywhere for that matter. He doesn't even show up on the pip-boy map.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 12:13:40 pm »

I think you can use a console command to recall allies. I don't know which off hand but just look for console commands for the game and you'll dig it up

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 12:23:33 pm »

If that's the case, then I wouldn't know the command to do it. I googled it, and I didn't find it. I would really appreciate it if you told me!

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »

If that's the case, then I wouldn't know the command to do it. I googled it, and I didn't find it. I would really appreciate it if you told me!

Here ( http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gamebryo_console_commands_(all) ) is a list of all the Fallout 3/New Vegas console commands.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 10:20:44 am »

I'm going to safely assume that you looked for Boone up in the Dinosaur tower during his guard shift?  Sometimes Manny is up there, sometimes no one.  I've never been able to find him in his room either, just the tower during certain hours.

I finished the Zion DLC and had Boone as well, and just had to wait for his shift for guard to recruit him again.