Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress fan meetup THIS EVENING (4/12)  (Read 5041 times)

Javis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress fan meetup THIS EVENING (4/12)
« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2008, 01:31:00 am »

I appreciated the beards all around   ;) .

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2008, 02:27:00 am »

I'd like to join if only I could leave my family for some time and find money to fly to you from Russia =).
I don't know why, but I immediately had remembered the Terminal movie (with Tom Hanks) just before I wrote it =).

Also I see a women party to the right, opposing to the men party in the focus of the photocamera. Have you tried to increase the population of your fortress while sitting there?
(p.s. stupid joke ? *hic*)

Also you guys have very kind and friendly faces. I know you enjoyed the meeting but still I can't imagine a man with such a face butchering kittens/throwing small humans (dorfs) into a water to die. Paradox?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2008, 11:53:00 am »

Ha.  Looks like it was fun. Shame I'm not the travel across the country type. (I'm not even the travel across the state type)

That picture makes me wonder what the other tables were thinking of you guys.  Heck, when I'm around my friends and start talking about dwarves and plump helmets I get weird looks, I can't imagine the reaction when a big group does.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2008, 03:39:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Greiger:
<STRONG>[...]That picture makes me wonder what the other tables were thinking of you guys. [...]</STRONG>

You just gotta tell the people that you're from the Internet, and they'll understand!

Man, Seattle must be practically sieged by seagulls. Wish I lived closer to the water.

Riemann

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2008, 12:18:00 am »

We were the only ones in the room for a while but round 7:30 the two tables on the left filled up with a single group seemingly made up entirely of ladies over the age of 70.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2008, 01:20:00 am »

The Bay12 Games Donation Lion has Collided with an obstacle!
The Bay12 Games Donation Lion blows apart!
The Bay12 Games Donation Lion looses hold of the *<<2008>>*.
The Bay12 Games Donation Lion has been struck down.

A Looks like it was great fun! Wish I was there. I've been told I would fit right in...

A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

greywolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2008, 10:43:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Riemann:
<STRONG>We were the only ones in the room for a while but round 7:30 the two tables on the left filled up with a single group seemingly made up entirely of ladies over the age of 70.</STRONG>

Yeah, Tyshion tells me they kept giving us dirty looks, too, probably because of that accursed window that nearly froze us all.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2008, 10:44:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Keiseth:
<STRONG>
Man, Seattle must be practically sieged by seagulls. Wish I lived closer to the water.</STRONG>

Looked like they were mostly Hammergulls, not Marksgulls.

Good thing, too, we'd be picking up Cotton socks for months.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2008, 01:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by greywolf:
<STRONG>

Yeah, Tyshion tells me they kept giving us dirty looks, too, probably because of that accursed window that nearly froze us all.</STRONG>

They seemed to be under the impression that we were intentionally keeping the clear glass floodgate open in order to encase them in ice. When in reality we too were cave adapted and needed relative warmth. We just couldn't find the lever.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

MadKap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 17, 2008, 03:35:00 am »

Hey guys, sorry for taking forever to get the comm. fortress/vid up. The internet hasn't been working with my desktop that has the vid and for some reason I can't get the new dwarf file hosting site to work with safari on my mac.

But fear not, soon it will be up and going strong!

Oh... enjoy making a highly successful fortress out of the community fortress - it might be a challenge  ;)

ShunterAlhena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

I actually saluted your picture, Toady, Threetoe, and the rest of you folks! When people ask me how I express my artistic thoughts, or if there exists digital art, I refer them to Dwarf Fortress and it's fanbase.
fox has become enraged!

I3erent

• Bay Watcher
  • The mounted dwarf has gone bErZeRk
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2008, 06:49:00 pm »

You guys like seagulls in washington?? Here in chicago the beaches get closed every summer because they crap so much the water gets too full of E.COLI,  happens every summ,er several times for upwards of maybe a few weeks,  I'm begining to think this is some sort of effort by washingtonians to poison our water supply and take over our fort...oops city.
quot;I got really stoned a couple days ago and ended up talking to THIS GUY. anyway... I''m really drunk now. The guy said: There is this application called "Mya" MI-AH that makes animations of people that he paid $2000 for. F- that Jazz ARMOK ROCKS. FIGHT THE MAN, GO TEAM!

uberubert

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 17, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

I'm just popping in before bed, so I didnt read any of these posts... But I can totally picture how this must have been:
----------------------------------------
Someone at the df-table: "...so his beard caught fire, and then everyone starved!"
Others from same table: *laughter*
People on other tables: "wtf..? Lets get out of here..."
----------------------------------------
Df-humor... So very, very spooky for the random outsider...  :) Can't wait to check out the fort you guys made! *sobs feet slowly to bed*
Uberubert cancels forum post: Interrupted by Dwarf Fortress

kein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Dwarf Fortress Wiki page
« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2008, 01:38:00 am »

Arg, sorry I missed it- serves me right for not checking the forums in awhile. I was just at that same Ivars today before heading over to Bainbridge. I live out in Bothell. -Happy birthday Toady

MadKap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2008, 07:25:00 pm »

Sorry for being lame guys: HERE IS THE DFCON '08 COMMUNITY FORTRESS!!!!

I realize it's been over a week now since the meet-up and as self-punishment for taking so long to upload I will eat only raw plump-helmets for every day I delayed in uploading.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6