Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomat left unhappy, didnt he?  (Read 554 times)

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Diplomat left unhappy, didnt he?
« on: March 01, 2008, 07:18:00 am »

Don't really know whether it is a real bug but it's quite awkward I think.

Backgroundstory:
I'm seddling in a hunted biome, so the area above ground is a bit... deadly.

The Dwarvendiplomat came in the first winter, together with the dwarven caravan.
While the caravan was able to reach my depot due to the heavily armored axedwarfes who protected them, the diplomat was slapped around a bit by a bored giant cave swallow. He survived the torture, but was a bit hurt, and lied there around unconscious for a long long time. The Swallow meanwhile found another victim, and after disrupting him it lost the interest.
I observed the diplomat a bit, but lost the interest too after a while, cause he never woke up.

The next winter:
So after a human caravan was nearly completly annihilated by an armysized koboldambush defending the entrance of my fortress (both guards died, a trader died, one trader and the liaison survived) I had another thing of concern.
The human diplomat had his meeting and left, but the now lone Merchant set up his camp in my tradedepot either quite brave or catatonic cause nothing was able to upset him now, neither another koboldambush nor a dwarven caravan in the next year.
It seems I have a human pet now.

The Dwarvendiplomat lied there about 2 years unconscious now, i checked his profile from time to time, he had neither pain, nor bleeding, but his complete left arm is missing.
One day I got a message, that the hamlet liaison left unhappy.
Then this message came.
He must have woke up one day, after I forgot him.
I dont know what he did until he got melancholic, but he must have lied there at least one year long.
What shall I do with all those insane liaisons?

some corrections
he felt into coma again, at least he feels no pain.

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Tigerbunny ]

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomat left unhappy, didnt he?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 08:19:00 am »

Nothing to do...
Well, he just became crazy... What if giant swallowman ate your arm and left you in the wilderness with many dangers like kobolds, goblins and monsters? I think after a year or two you will be mad too. Or at least you will have NOTHING to worry about, because you already saw your own death and other funny things.

If outlanders go berserk/mad instead of melancholy, they will be killed by guards/militia. Melancholy ones seem to be harmless, but they usually die of dehydration. Though I had 1 melancholy trader who NEVER wanted to drink, about 2 or 3 years... I think it's sort of a bug.

[ March 01, 2008: Message edited by: Deon ]

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tigerbunny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diplomat left unhappy, didnt he?
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 08:28:00 am »

the few times I'd checked, the Diplomat did not bleed, had no pain, was neither hungry nor thirsty.
He was just in coma and misses his left arm, completely ignored by everything alive.
Poor dude.