Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tongues should get stuck to freezing metal when licked in adventure mode.  (Read 2162 times)

m4davis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I support this

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

"The Giant Toad grabs you by the head with its tongue."

"You collide with an obstacle and blow apart..."

Yep, I'd imagine that perfectly well.
~~~

"You lick the frozen steel sword with your tongue."

"You struggle in vain to free yourself from the frozen metal sword."

*RIIIIP*
~~~
"z" -> Heavy Bleeding, Pale, On the Ground.                                   "All body parts"

tongue

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Simple, needless, but for realistic things, definitely a must.

"The Giant Toad misses your head with its tongue."
"The Giant Toad's tongue hits freezing cold Iron statue!"
"The flying Iron statue hits The Giant Toad in the head, jamming the skull through the brain!"
"The Giant Toad has been struck down!"

In legends
"Arghost was a Giant Toad. It was one of the first of its kind. It was associated with tongues and freezing."
"In 21, Arghost died by trying to swallow an Iron statue."
Whut?
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

RabidAnubis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Simple, needless, but for realistic things, definitely a must.

"The Giant Toad misses your head with its tongue."
"The Giant Toad's tongue hits freezing cold Iron statue!"
"The flying Iron statue hits The Giant Toad in the head, jamming the skull through the brain!"
"The Giant Toad has been struck down!"

In legends
"Arghost was a Giant Toad. It was one of the first of its kind. It was associated with tongues and freezing."
"In 21, Arghost died by trying to swallow an Iron statue."
Whut?

That would be hilarious.
Dwarf Fortress: Your game is working on giving NPC's lives. Our game is working on giving them a working nervous system.
Aahhh I can't find the fish cakes in the bunny level, they keep getting enraged and I don't have any holy hand grenades
The Age of Myth: Goldenhold

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

tongues from larger animal,giant toad for example,should act as a larger restraint,limiting the frog movement.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

It could be like a ranged ( well maybe not ranged, but a different ) way of wrestling. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

Yeah,that would be very nice indeed.

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile

imagine a trap wich consist of a giant frog,bridge and a magma pit of fun or a new MB warning "Beware of he's poisonous/big thong!'' 
                                            F                           
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMM      
                           . . . . . . . .E. . . . . . . .

F=giant frog
M=fun pit
E=elve
.....=bridge
The  giant frogs pushes the elve on the magma.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

... Thong?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, although a minor thing, this suggestion (just realized) could be expanded to Freezing (GODDAMN BEARD-FREEZINGLY COLD) regions, making all (or just some specific materials) get stuck onto animals, especially toads and such with skin that is covered in liquid substances.

Iron Shortsword has frozen to Giant Toad!
Giant Toad gives in to the pain!

(I mean, that's gotta hurt, how would they get there though?)
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Lokarin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Well, it would be a natural extension of thermal conductivity.  Metal, even if it wouldn't melt, would conduct heat better than stone.  Likewise, tongues wouldn't stick to leather or silk due to lower thermal conductivity.  Thermal conductivity might have other uses that I am not aware of.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile

Well, it would be a natural extension of thermal conductivity.  Metal, even if it wouldn't melt, would conduct heat better than stone.  Likewise, tongues wouldn't stick to leather or silk due to lower thermal conductivity.  Thermal conductivity might have other uses that I am not aware of.

Hot stone and metal should burn people when they touch it.

Direct magma under an iron floor. Watch goblins walk over it and get blisters up the wazoo.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always
Pages: 1 [2]