Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: B12 Diablo 2 group  (Read 1876 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: B12 Diablo 2 group
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 12:13:30 am »

Maybe into this...

I dunno the regular game bores me as I used to play D2 and mods forever and be great at dueling, so now I only play by coming up with "dumb builds that manage to work".

EDIT: Also, bnet is full of bots, itembuyers, and dupers now.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 03:35:13 am »

Ooooh, I've been thinking about D2 lately. I could reinstall, but my expansion disc has a scratch in it that destroyed a few of the files. And I have absolutely no idea where the paper CD sleeves with the keys printed on them ever got to. My money says they got thrown out (not by me, of course.)

What the heck do I do about that?

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 03:36:22 am »

Battle.net - all you need is to register the CD key, then download the install.exe

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 03:47:06 am »

And I have absolutely no idea where the paper CD sleeves with the keys printed on them ever got to. My money says they got thrown out (not by me, of course.)

A little more serious than just a scratched disc. I wouldn't be above just purchasing new keys if I don't have to get another physical copy. Is that something that can be done?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 03:57:23 am »

I'd be interested too, but as IronyOwl said, I'd rather have a concrete timeslot written down first if possible.

I don't think I'd be able to do Battle.NET, but LAN/Hamachi would work.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 05:17:13 am »

I'm currently testing out Diablo2 right now, see if you can connect to me at all.

kaelserver.dyndns.org

Otherwise we need hamachi

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 04:15:14 pm »

Well, Timing would likely be on friday nights, 10 or 11pm gmt if that suits everyone.

Plus, we can make multiple networks, so if one host is unavailable, then another player can simply host over their own network. Heck, we could all divide into seperate networks based on optimal times, so everyone has a day they can play.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 04:30:29 pm »

That's around 5 or 6 pm est right? That suits me though I eat around 7/8pm est.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:36 pm »

I left on my computer all night and don't know if anyone tried to connect. Would be nice if someone tried through TCP/IP options to check if we're forced to use hamachi or not.

kaelserver.dyndns.org

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 04:40:04 pm »

I tried yesterday, both with that address and the resolved tcpip, to no avail. I was running wine, but I rcall playing online multiplayer in the past....
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 04:41:56 pm »

Well, Timing would likely be on friday nights, 10 or 11pm gmt if that suits everyone.

Plus, we can make multiple networks, so if one host is unavailable, then another player can simply host over their own network. Heck, we could all divide into seperate networks based on optimal times, so everyone has a day they can play.

10-11GMT? No can do, sorry. That's past midnight, and is usually when I'm asleep.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 05:01:06 pm »

Ten-eleven gmt does suit me, provided I manage to get hamachi running
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

raalph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2011, 08:22:35 pm »

I'm in. If you want, I know some "alternatives" Bnets.

highzealot

• Bay Watcher
  • BEER FOR THE WOLF LORD...?
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2011, 08:55:28 pm »

Well if we're using "lan" anyone thinking of using mods though I don't even know of any mod.
Quote from: Corvidae
So here I am, logging into the Bay12 Forums.  I'm not sure whether to feel happy about this, or sullenly admit the loss of what little remained of my soul after all of this Fun.  So much Fun.  So, so much Fun.  <shudders>
First things first.  You're all soulless husks of what might have once been decent human beings, drafted into a sort of moral apartheid from your better natures in the pursuit of things made out of cute animals.  I love it.

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2011, 06:00:09 pm »

For those who want to join, the hamachi network is named: B12 D2

the entry password is: B12

Before we start, what characters will you all be using? (New characters, we're starting fresh)
Pages: 1 [2] 3