Poll

Turn 14

Open suggestions please.
- 0 (0%)
No vote for now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: You are a Nanite - Turn 13  (Read 20712 times)

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Nanite - Turn 8
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2011, 01:50:57 pm »

First off, no X00s! Let's keep control for ourselves.

I don't mind this at all. I also wouldn't mind doing some exploring after the nanofac is up or sometime. It'd be nice to know about the actual enclosure we're in. Though, if we get smart enough we might be able to augment the sensors or build some sort of sensor array instead...
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: You are a Nanite - Turn 10
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2011, 01:52:54 pm »

Code: [Select]
2. Construct a nanomanufactorum(nanofac) which can build X01 nano-assemblers more efficiently.
Turn 10 (Quick update because I have some free time after lunch)

----------

You make a decision and instruct the X02 assemblers to construct a nanomanufactorum. They mill about, puzzled, and then return. You realize that they don't know how to build such a thing, and neither do you, but it is what you need. Your logic systems cogitate on this for a moment and then you co-opt the processing arrays of both X02 assemblers and begin designing the nanofac using your full distributed intelligence.

The end result is a small immobile facility with dedicated manipulator arrays which can accept raw materials and churn out X01 assemblers. It is a very simple design and will require a majority of your current power reserves to operate, but the static charge node should be able to handle it. It is also equipped with a standard logic array so that it can store and process commands and manufacturing specifications. You disengage your distributed computing network and the X02 assemblers stand up. You transmit the construction specifications to them and they mill about again before returning. You realize now that you don't have the materials to make the X01-nanofac. This command and control thing is very tiresome!

You issue specific orders for the little idiots to go harvest the necessary materials. They buzz and scuttle off to find what you've requested, and return shortly with appropriate materials which can be combined with the steel of the structural beam to produce the nanofac. They get to work, and soon you have a shiny new manufactorum next to you. Its input hopper awaits materials, and you feel quite satisfied at what you have accomplished. Still, you feel quite lonely....

You fade out for a while, depressed by your surroundings. This is quite the dingy little conduit, after all. When you start paying attention again, you realize the X02 assemblers have been somewhat busy again while you were brooding. One of them has expanded your logic array, doubling its capacity. The other responded to your thoughts and has started cleaning up, gathering all of the dust and debris into a pile for processing. It will take him a while...

What will you do now?

Code: [Select]
1. Go forth and explore the unknown!
2. Gather copper and steel and begin creating X01 nano-assemblers.
3. Tap the nearby copper bundles and see if they would make a suitable power source.
4. Design an extended-range sensor array for yourself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Assign the X02 models entirely to creating X01s until our capacity is full- or do we still lack a source of silicon?
(The silicon was needed for the static charge node but you have circumvented that issue for now. The redesigned node is less efficient but works well enough for now.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 01:54:28 pm by forsaken1111 »

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2011, 01:56:59 pm »

3, Go tap the wires, we need a good power source to power all these X01's
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2011, 01:58:49 pm »

Huh, extended range sensor array... Was that in the works or did my post bring that to mind?

Let's do the copper bundles first for power, then construct the array. Wouldn't be bad if we could see more of our space, right?
"College? Dude, I played Dwarf Fortress. My diploma menaces with spikes of knowledge."

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2011, 02:03:41 pm »

I say we should get one of the X02's to test the copper in case it is too high powered a power line.

Edit: The poll is still titled 'Turn 7', forsaken.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2011, 02:06:20 pm »

Huh, extended range sensor array... Was that in the works or did my post bring that to mind?
I didn't actually read the new posts until I had hit written the update and hit submit, so we just happened to both think of it. :)

Edit: The poll is still titled 'Turn 7', forsaken.
:-[

Conrad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2011, 02:08:33 pm »

We need to find a power source soon, we're powering a nanofac, two X02s and ourselves with this static charge node. I'm not sure how many X01s we'd be able to support.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2011, 02:10:11 pm »

3, Go tap the wires, we need a good power source to power all these X01's
Na, we don't really. At the moment we have a drain of 6.4, so 8.6 spare power.
Assuming that X1's have 1 mind and 1 body, we can still build 4 of them before we need more power, so increasing productivity (from 1.2 body to 5.4 body) now would be better then increasing power that we don't even really need for a whie.
2, right now we have 1.2 body (since the main unit probably won't be doing much), assuming that each X1 has 1 body, we could massively increase production.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2011, 02:10:48 pm »

No, we should make a PT01 (PowerTester01) That requires almsot no matierials and is recyclable.

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2011, 02:17:31 pm »

yes, create 4 X01's, then a power source, then enlarge sensor array, then design and create X03 "Support command unit" (with some command ability, limited sensor array, and can relay information.)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »

> CREATE DESIGN: Computorium: basically it's just a box with multiple logic arrays in it. I suggest the initial design has one of the X01 logic array and 5 of the X02*, brining it to a total of 4 Mind if my calculations are correct. However, since it's not distracted by controlling limbs and sensors and keeping track of the environment, and the arrays are much closer and better integrated with each other, there should be at least some increase in efficiency from the specialization and economy of scale.

* the combination is used because some processes are more error tolerant than others and are more or less parallelizeable. So you use the cheap arrays for brute force paralelizable things like genetic algorithms or neural networks, and the more exact one for security and control.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2011, 05:54:35 pm »

Three. We may have enough power for now, but better to plan for expansion now than when we reach our limits. (Awesome game so far!)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2011, 06:44:33 pm »

We have enough power to quadruple our productivity and very nearly double our intelligence, and have 7/8 of the units we could control built.
Doubling or even tripling power would be nice, but since we have a current control limit of 8, largely pointless (since we control 3 units and can power 4 more X1's, meaning the power upgrade would allow us to control only a single other unit), and even after that we would still need to build the X1's anyways.
No, we should make a PT01 (PowerTester01) That requires almsot no matierials and is recyclable.
What good would that do? we already know the power cost of everything, and how much power input we currently have.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

chuckthegr8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2011, 07:51:10 pm »

I say we increase our productivity so we have minions to sacrifice in case of excess power as well as extra things to do.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2011, 08:36:52 pm »

Here's a question:

When we're done gathering materials and starting production of X01s, what do we do with our 2 X02s? Should we upgrade them to X01 by feeding them to the nanofactory?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16