Poll

Turn 14

Open suggestions please.
- 0 (0%)
No vote for now.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16

Author Topic: You are a Nanite - Turn 13  (Read 19968 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Nanite - Turn 13
« Reply #180 on: August 31, 2011, 08:58:59 am »

maybe not dismantling it, but keeping it offline? this X02 may be a key to understand ourselves.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #181 on: August 31, 2011, 08:59:38 am »

maybe not dismantling it, but keeping it offline? this X02 may be a key to understand ourselves.
It can be kept offline as a sort of backup, sure.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #182 on: August 31, 2011, 01:25:43 pm »

It can be kept offline as a sort of backup, sure.

let's build more x01 and keep this x02 offline as a backup for later. or, at the very least, as a pet for "not feeling lonely".
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 31, 2011, 02:02:57 pm »

First, we should design a better baseline assembler, then begin production. And recycle the X02, the workforce needs to be homogeneous other than specialized bots.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 31, 2011, 02:14:49 pm »

not recycle, archive.
His memory is very important.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 31, 2011, 02:15:26 pm »

Homogenous? Hmm, I'd think a major homogenous workforce supplemented by specialized task units would be best. 8 total units, 4-6 Standard with 2-3 Special units for specific jobs. Now, an X02 that can only port and gather compared to an X01 is NOT a Special unit. If the X02's have some ability 01's don't, lets keep them. Otherwise, build X01's and when they're done, recycle X02's into X01's and study the 'dead' X02.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 31, 2011, 02:19:11 pm »

Homogenous? Hmm, I'd think a major homogenous workforce supplemented by specialized task units would be best. 8 total units, 4-6 Standard with 2-3 Special units for specific jobs. Now, an X02 that can only port and gather compared to an X01 is NOT a Special unit. If the X02's have some ability 01's don't, lets keep them. Otherwise, build X01's and when they're done, recycle X02's into X01's and study the 'dead' X02.

EDIT: By study, I mean salvage its memory, it SHOULD contain the FULL schematics for the partial pyramid laser design, an extremely useful tool we'll need in the future for whichever reason. Since we're in a tiny, tiny hole in the linoleum floor, deep enough to hit wiring, we're safe from harm for now. In the future, I'd like to have us dig into a corner in a wall, near a socket, after following the electronic signal from that data uplink wire, presumably from a computer. At that location we'll be well-concealed, be able to expand into the wall safely, have access to a data uplink, and access to endless electricity.

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #187 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:34 pm »

The X02's memory is in your datastore now, and all it contained was the specific event. The blueprint for the laser system came from you and you found those blueprints in your own datastores after realizing there were weapons files. Prior to this you either did not have access to these files or did not notice them for whatever reason. That might bear thinking about.

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 31, 2011, 02:31:05 pm »

Were we designed to destroy the world? Not knowing what we were creating then unknowingly kill people?
We should totally do that.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 31, 2011, 02:39:41 pm »

For those saying we should build up max numbers of X01's, we can't at this this point since we need to acquire more power first (assuming X01's have 1 mind and one body each), so its kinda silly to scrap the X02 at this point.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 31, 2011, 04:22:40 pm »

Keep the X02. Varity is good, and besides, we can always recycle it later if we actually start running out of pop count.
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2011, 05:24:15 pm »

Keep the X02. Varity is good, and besides, we can always recycle it later if we actually start running out of pop count. [sic]

"Variety" is so far just wasting time. If we really must, let's have it construct another pylon static collector, to power the X01s, which can then solve the problem 33% faster.

(Remember, the X02 in 33% less efficient than the X01.)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 09:37:18 pm by PyroDesu »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 01, 2011, 03:24:31 am »

yes, disable it for a X01 when we need it. If we dismantle him now, we loss a lot of building power.
Full Sig

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »

Keep the X02. Varity is good, and besides, we can always recycle it later if we actually start running out of pop count. [sic]

"Variety" is so far just wasting time. If we really must, let's have it construct another pylon static collector, to power the X01s, which can then solve the problem 33% faster.

(Remember, the X02 in 33% less efficient than the X01.)

Immortal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 01, 2011, 05:13:29 pm »

I think we can agree on:
Keep digging and creating more X01s, build pylons when required to support the eight X01s.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16