Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: did this inspire dwarf fortress?  (Read 1916 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
Re: did this inspire dwarf fortress?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 09:27:00 am »

Dear lord.  Is there any low to which these people will not stoop?
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:33:00 am »

That is adorable, it's almost like they're real people!

Alternate post:

For being a little chubby, that girl they're fighting over is kind of hot!

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 12:50:00 pm »

Jerry Springer? I never realized we had ... Umm, I'm just going to go now before I say racial or insensitive comments regarding my opinion of this and the breeding lineage of people who watch it.

Oops, too late.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 01:12:00 pm »

oh, i don't watch jerry springer, but it was a "related feature" to a DF video i was watching.
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 02:16:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>oh, i don't watch jerry springer, but it was a "related feature" to a DF video i was watching.</STRONG>

Ah yes, after exposing your true self to the light you attempt to squirm back into the shadows.

Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 03:06:00 pm »

Waw.
I hope such things NEVER travel till Europe.
Especially the crowd yelling "midget fight" ...  :(

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 03:21:00 pm »

We can pray, Dae.  We can pray.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 02:03:00 am »

People really, really just need a death-row inmate arena fight broadcast on primetime.

It's all that they want, really.  Football, boxing, faux-wrestling, and these hideous fight-promoting shows are only there to feed the bloodlust of the general public.  Give them the real deal, and watch as you not only lose shows like Jerry Springer but also get tons of moolah flowing into the slightly dry coffers of the prison system.  

Okay, so most of that won't actually find its way to funding the prisons, but at least they'll get some of it.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 03:21:00 am »

Sorry guys, what's wrong with this... Jerry?
I don't know who he is because we don't have him on TV in our country, so I can't get why are you so pissed off.

WHat about this video, it's not very fun. The poor fella is like 2 times smaller than a big "wrestler" midget, I felt pity about him. Still he fought like a man. Poor little people, they're not guilty for being genetically ill, but people sometimes treat them as pets :\.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 10:53:00 am »

quote:
people sometimes treat them as pets

That's pretty much it, Deon.  It masquerades as a "talk show", allowing people to discuss their unusual personal problems openly, but it is blatantly set up to make the guests angry and provoke fights, because that's what gets the biggest audience.  Notice how no-one even tried to stop them fighting?  And the crowd chanting.  It's bad enough with average people; involving little people just reduces it to the level of a cruel circus-show.

And after the fight's over, they go back to pretending it's about 'talk'.

Eugh.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 12:45:00 pm »

It's gotten so bad that BBCA is actually one of those channels I watch now. I had nothing to do with the English for years, ever since they thought they were so cool as to draft US citizens into their naval fleets. However, the disgrace that is American broadcasting has turned me to watching the stuff that other nations make. I won't even watch news broadcasts, because I am not interested in what some American idol thing did on that show, and it seems to be a major topic of news, while the illegal detention and outright violation of acceptable humane practices of prisoners caught in open conflict appears to be nothing more then 'an old hat' and not worth even a modicum of time.

Yes, I'd rather watch the horribly shot "Torchwood" over "Big Brother (Insert Number Here) any day. Of course I don't really watch Torchwood either, Though I did watch that Robin Hood show for a bit... And then I got bored of British Television. Just the same, I still would rather watch whatever might be on that then the "Reality TV" dross that is American television.

Jerry Springer is a symptom of what is truly wrong with America. We are so accepting and open, we would happily bring high ratings to a show that encourages people different from the norm to fight on national TV.

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Kogan Loloklam:
<STRONG>
Jerry Springer is a symptom of what is truly wrong with America. We are so accepting and open, we would happily bring high ratings to a show that encourages people different from the norm to fight on national TV.</STRONG>

The sad part is that many countries would, if they had the chance.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 10:51:00 pm »

Yeah, it says something that the only channel- the only one- that does an international newscast every morning in America is the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Have you watched any of Gordon Ramsay's shows?  I gather they show him quite a lot  on BBCA.

Helmaroc, I suspect you're right.  One could debate whether that's because of the US or not, but sadly, the networks there actually get away with it.

Then again, you have some good stuff too, even some good 'reality' shows.  I rather like Solitary (is that what it's called?  The reality show with the contestants in isolation pods?)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »

My family doesn't watch TV anymore.  At all.

We just rent South Park DVD sets and watch them in our projector-screen home theater.  Life is good.

Pages: [1] 2