Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Allies and their Armies  (Read 734 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Allies and their Armies
« on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:52 am »

So here comes up my idea of trading partners. Lets say you traded a lot with the humans and elves that they are always ecstatic in meeting you (for they leave with a lot of profit).

Here comes your chance to get paid back, a goblin army arrives at your doorstep (but you knew of this in advance as you alerted your allies through the trade screen) and gets promptly crushed by the military. The military in question are small squads of mounted humans with elven archers at their side, following your call for assistance as you have no military / just want them to do the work.

So my suggestion is (since the army arc is soon): Why not add an option in the trade screen/military screen to view potential allies (through trade of course as in the profit from trading since the other civs need to pay for them) and have a "request aid" option in which they send some randomized squads to your fort for maybe a season or two? A few weeks at most. In which they will act as a bodyguard military in those times where the player leans towards economic gain other than military force? There must be a limit which increases everytime your allies are called to aid you, you cannot attack them nor can you loot their gear at all (if they die, then the trade caravan/whatever else they send to you gets it. Permanent forbid?).

Since I guess in the upcoming versions Toady would make the game more realistic in battles. So its like a combined force to match a huge army thereby increasing survival chances.

What are your thoughts on this?  :)

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
Re: Allies and their Armies
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:00 am »

So my suggestion is (since the army arc is soon):

suggestion is (since the army arc is soon):

is (since the army arc is soon)

(since the army arc is soon)

army arc is soon

Are you sure of that?
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Allies and their Armies
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 05:12:45 pm »

Well, after the caravan arc. But this could be kept as a future suggestion anyway even though it won't be implemented in a long time.  :)