Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, I'm just wondering..  (Read 855 times)

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So, I'm just wondering..
« on: August 17, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

If we've managed to weaponize everything..
..How do you turn the Obsidian Towers into weapons?
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: So, I'm just wondering..
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 10:55:08 pm »

Easy you start by sealing off the 2nd floor from the ground floor. Then you biuld a support in the middle of the ground floor. And then you remove the walls :D
Any Biulding destoryer that takes that out will get a REALLY nasty headache as well as the guys around it should get a bath of magma :D
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 01:51:00 am »

Easy you start by sealing off the 2nd floor from the ground floor. Then you biuld a support in the middle of the ground floor. And then you remove the walls :D
Any Biulding destoryer that takes that out will get a REALLY nasty headache as well as the guys around it should get a bath of magma :D

BD's ignore supports, sorry.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 04:45:55 am »

Pretty much what they said only the support is wired to a lever.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 07:31:17 am »

My BD traps comprise of a water filled room with a pressure plate and a door, the BD destroys the door letting out the water triggering the pressure plate and activating whatever nasty trap i have linked to it. OR just use a very large or pressurized reservoir that pushes the BD down a pit.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 09:39:04 am »

BD's ignore supports, sorry.

I'd just add some cheap metal statues near the support in case there's more than a single BD, if I remember correctly they take a good deal of time to destroy.