Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ideas for this Embark?  (Read 3225 times)

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for this Embark?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 04:16:20 pm »

Well somebody's impatient!! I should have posted this in the beginning.  Here are the params for you guys that want to try it yourself...
Created in DF v0.31.25.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(And just so you are aware, if you want it EXACTLY the same you have to wait for a while.  I think the year is 1000 something.  But you should be able to stop it earlier and have the same geography)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:20:04 pm by Armeleon »
Playing since 2007

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 04:19:40 pm »

How big of an embark is this? (world tiles)
I stand by my previous recommendation of making a necromancer's tower, and add:
Recreate a medieval village on top of the plateau/hill/thing. Perfect setting, beast lair nearby and everything.
If you wanted to, you could create another village (or just a keep) nearby with unwanted migrants - less defended, of course.
Or offer the migrants as sacrifices to the cave beast.
Or offer children as sacrifices to the cave beast.
Or offer nobles as sacrifices to the cave beast.

I was thinking along those same lines!! Except for the necromancer tower.. that's a good idea.  But the embark is 5x3, so a little smaller than normal. 

And sacrifices are a must.  I will find a virgin princess and sacrifice her to the beasts.. her screams shall bring armies of the undead rising to the surface (I hope).
Playing since 2007

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 07:54:51 pm »

I think the save would be better.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

stasis

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2011, 04:36:54 am »

The save file would be awesome indeed.

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2011, 08:18:54 am »

You... You didn't give us cords.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 10:31:08 am »

I think the save would be better.

why? with the seed you can just start it with whatever items you want rather than whatever he choose :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 01:23:31 pm »

We would have to track down his chords and the exact spot on the map he put it in. Not to mention, it is a lot easier to just plop a save file into our game.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2011, 07:31:38 pm »

We would have to track down his chords and the exact spot on the map he put it in. Not to mention, it is a lot easier to just plop a save file into our game.

Well to be fair I was hoping he would provide co-ords as well :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 03:51:42 am »

Bump! Can we have coordinates please? :)

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 11:51:50 am »

Well shoot! I leave for a week and then realize that SOMEBODY expected everyone to find the place on their own.  Not the best idea!! Its kind of a big place.  I've edited them in now, and here they are (assuming the upper lefthand corner is 0,0): 22,44--with the embark being in the extreme upper left corner (pos 0,0 to 5,2). Pictures are edited in  to the original post for those who don't want to count.

Anyway.. I have them now and I can't tell you how much I was hitting myself over the head about this.  I was busy exploring the area.. it seems that my forgotten beast has teamed up with the zombie trolls and has tried sending armies of the undead after me.  If only they would wait until the goblins left.. oh well.  It looks like its time for some FUN!!!

And maybe someone can upload images of any forts they get on this embark.. it would be fun to see.  I'll upload mine in a bit. the project I'm attempting is a bit... ambitious.

But, again, I HATE leaving out important details.  Feel free to use whatever masterpiece torture device your dwarves come up with next time it happens.
Playing since 2007

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2011, 02:13:07 pm »

I intend to redirect that waterfall off the westfacing cliff face to make the water source slightly more accessible. I might even turn it into the entrance of my fort.

Also, through messing around in legends, I learned that a Demon settles in that cave in 5 and stays there until the 60s. I embarked in the 50s hoping to have some fun with him.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 02:15:51 pm by PwndJa »

dwarfhoplite

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentledwarves, prepare for Glory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2011, 02:14:41 pm »

Build a bridge over the canyon and once goblins are coming in, pull the DAMN LEVER and flush them in the pit

Armeleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2011, 03:21:47 pm »

You're right.  Looking it up the demon DID leave early on.. so maybe an earlier embark would be good.  And redirecting the waterfall was one of my projects as well!! I plan to build a huge tower on the slope right next to the river and redirect it to flow around the tower and fall into the valley.  When I'm finished, hopefully I will be able to build a village on the slope next to the river as well !!
Playing since 2007

PwndJa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2011, 04:56:29 pm »

I noticed that in the OPs generation dwarves had died out(I think. I'm pretty bad with these things.) and that kinda ruined it for me, even with the demon there. So I set out to get a world with a decent dwarf civ. And succeeded. The previously neutral grasslands are now haunted and the mountains are now mirthful as well. Geography remains unchanged. Ogres are confirmed(They wrecked my scouting embark) and the presence of GCS is possible as there are some GCS webs scattered about in the underground. Gorlaks are also everywhere down there and I also had to deal with a giant toad. There is one downside though: No confirmed special inhabitants of the cave and legends says nothing of it.

Edit: I forgot to add that in the legends the only dwarf civ made an enemy just 2 years before the generation finishes in 200(And got a new king). Goblins are also close by.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If this version is better suited to your needs then I hope you enjoy it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:02:59 pm by PwndJa »
Pages: 1 [2]