Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: More Unreasonable Demands  (Read 1834 times)

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More Unreasonable Demands
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:03:03 pm »

Well, when it rains it pours, has anyone else ever had a mooded dwarf run out and grab 4 screens worth of cloth and still want more?  I'm trying to fulfill his demands, but I'm unsure how much he's going to want.

Edit 1:
I managed to break him out of it, pics and explanation coming up in another edit soon

Edit 2:

Ok so basically he was grabbing up cloth like crazy when I decided to see what he needed, he needed bones which I currently had none of, so I quickly made some, he want and grabbed another piece of cloth then grabbed his bones, then he grabbed another adamantine wafer and started.  Everything he grabbed was in the correct burrow.

What went in:

What came out:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 06:38:57 pm by Abaddon »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: More Unreasonable Demands
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 06:11:59 pm »

Is the dwarf assigned to a burrow that doesn't include the workshop?  That can cause endless material collection, since the materials collected so far don't count no matter how many there are.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:14:14 pm »

Probably the planepacked glitch.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 06:15:26 pm »

Is the dwarf assigned to a burrow that doesn't include the workshop?  That can cause endless material collection, since the materials collected so far don't count no matter how many there are.

Both the workshop and quantum stockpile are part of a workshop the dwarf has access to.

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 06:18:49 pm »

Both the workshop and quantum stockpile are part of a workshop the dwarf has access to.
He will access it regardless of it is in his burrow or not. However, if it is outside his burrow, http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Planepacked happens.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Abaddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:41 pm »

Update to OP made with pictures included, not sure but since it was cloth it leads me to believe it may be the same kind of problem I experience where dwarves will fill my hospital up with nothing but cloth, despite any limits placed in the hospital settings menu.

Benedict Hardy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 06:44:51 pm »

A
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 11:39:45 am by Benedict Hardy »

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 06:53:02 pm »

Woof, that's gotta be a bloody great amulet for that much stuff to fit on. Hefty too.  :o
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Jakob

• Bay Watcher
  • !!FABULOUS!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 07:10:29 pm »

WHERE
THE HELL
IS HIM EATING CHEESE.
Build a replica of the Krusty Krab around the creature, then lock prisoners customers inside it so that the sponge can mutilate them take their order.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 07:26:12 pm »

WHERE
THE HELL
IS HIM EATING CHEESE.
The woodcutter's bedroom
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 07:36:06 pm »

That statue..Is the most epic fold in space and time..Since the Adamantine Space Elevator.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 08:34:11 pm »

So... when dwarven children learn history, do they just borrow the amulet - and a strong magnifier - for a while?

Eddren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »

Don't be ridiculous!
All knowledge from the Amulet is instantly transferred to their brains, via a magma-bonding ritual.
That, or that's the technique in order to have the Amulet ascend to the highest level of godliness, to be wielded by a child who has spent his entire lifetime being bitten by bunnies as part of his training for this moment.
Ah, my dwarven heart beats with fierce pride for this.  I can't take it anymore!  I have to go do something profound.

BeforeLifer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 10:35:12 pm »

Probably the planepacked glitch.
Ya but planepacked preety much had an ENTIERY STARTING FORT worth of crap in it. And in the end it had 73.. 73!!! Images of itself as well as proboly 99% of the history of the world at the time.

BTW this is why you dont build above ground workshops lol.
Any thoughts on how this can be abused?
Around these parts It's called weaponized

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 11:24:41 pm »

"Cavernfail", the incredible tree amulet!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: [1] 2