Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: But... This is not possible.  (Read 3183 times)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
But... This is not possible.
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:00:04 pm »

Can't figure out how to get it any smaller. Sorry folks.

Anyway, URGH. Whoever these people are just.... Uh. Those are the most disgusting coins I have ever seen.
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: But... This is not possible.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:01:08 pm »

clearly the dwarf has been exposed to syndrome dust, and is doing what he can for his people in the time he has left.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:01:30 pm »

Oh It's not that bad, he could have embraced.. something worse.. What could be worse is up for debate.

OMGTANGERINES

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:08:42 pm »

Obviously, the dwarf has massive metal spikes on his breastplate. Hugging is his most devastating attack.
We were hoping for a constant fort at some point, having players in different time zones so that the fort never actually stopped running.  Come back overnight and find a giant penis has been constructed.  Glory to the penis gods.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:11:16 pm »

Oh It's not that bad, he could have embraced.. something worse.. What could be worse is up for debate.

An elf?

Although seriously, their civ symbol is a rutherer- those things goblins ride into battle. I suspect this civilization has unwholesome leanings- assuming you are in adventure mode, I urge you to murder the leadership of this civilization, and if necessary the rest of the populace as well.

Tharwen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »

An elf?

Although seriously, their civ symbol is a rutherer- those things goblins ride into battle. I suspect this civilization has unwholesome leanings- assuming you are in adventure mode, I urge you to murder the leadership of this civilization, and if necessary the rest of the populace as well.

Purge the unclean
[Signature]

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 12:16:00 pm »

Why not just endure it like a real Dwarf?
If you can't handle stuff like this without resorting to lava/magma, you are not any better than the Goblins themselves.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:25 pm »

Don't worry, when I find some lava around here those coins will be the first things in it.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 12:26:34 pm »

Why not just endure it like a real Dwarf?
If you can't handle stuff like this without resorting to lava/magma, you are not any better than the Goblins themselves.

Because killing things is currently the only implented way to voice your disagreement.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 12:29:28 pm »

According to the rest of the description it's commemorating a peace treaty. Maybe they were just fed up of cleaning bits of goblin off the front steps all the time?
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 12:31:41 pm »

Simple. The dwarf is holding a dagger in his palm. What you don't see is the goblin falling over dead and the dwarf claiming leadership of the nation right before enraged goblin lashers kill the dwarf, starting another war.

And rutherers are awesome. Practically the only awesomer creature is jabberers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 12:39:51 pm »

(Nothing much to say about the main point, sorry...)

Assuming you're on Windows, of whatever version, you should have one flavour or another of Paint, which you might already have used to cut the image down to the sub-window you did.  "Image" from the Menu and "Stretch/Skew" (something like that, and almost certainly the key combo Ctrl-W) should get you somewhere where you can change the horizontal and vertical lengths (stretching or shrinking).  For that image, you can almost certainly plug "25%" into the the horizontal and vertical without causing it to be so obfuscated by the compression that you (or, more importantly, we) can't read it.

Other image manipulation programs will almost certainly do it better (e.g. cubic interpolation for increase in size, and averaging of pixels for decrease, plus finer control over the final image size than just "put an integer percentage in"), but that's for another day, hey....

(If you're not on Windows, something similar with whatever you did use, almost certainly.)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 12:41:00 pm »

Don't worry, when I find some lava around here those coins will be the first things in it.

What? Why? Just resmelt them instead of wasting materials.

AWdeV

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 12:44:34 pm »

I bet he "embraced" the goblin with both hands. Around the goblins' scrawny neck.
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Teenage Bearded Axelord Turtles
Urists in a half shell (Turtle Power)

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 12:58:12 pm »

(Nothing much to say about the main point, sorry...)

Assuming you're on Windows, of whatever version, you should have one flavour or another of Paint, which you might already have used to cut the image down to the sub-window you did.  "Image" from the Menu and "Stretch/Skew" (something like that, and almost certainly the key combo Ctrl-W) should get you somewhere where you can change the horizontal and vertical lengths (stretching or shrinking).  For that image, you can almost certainly plug "25%" into the the horizontal and vertical without causing it to be so obfuscated by the compression that you (or, more importantly, we) can't read it.

Other image manipulation programs will almost certainly do it better (e.g. cubic interpolation for increase in size, and averaging of pixels for decrease, plus finer control over the final image size than just "put an integer percentage in"), but that's for another day, hey....

(If you're not on Windows, something similar with whatever you did use, almost certainly.)

I did this and uploaded it to photobucket, but the forum still ramped it's size up three times.
Pages: [1] 2 3