Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diplomat won't go and other problems  (Read 1393 times)

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Diplomat won't go and other problems
« on: August 17, 2011, 11:36:17 am »

So the dwarven diplomat just won't leave. He's following my expedition leader for nearly a year now and it just annoys me ... my leader DID conduct a meeting with him and I also told him what stuff I needed but he still kept following my leader. Any information on this one?

And I get spammed with a lot of reports that I lack wood for stuff in my queue though my carpenter sits on a complete pile of logs :/
Any idea about that one?
Edit: Problem got solved. This goddamn dwarf died a really undworfy death by thirst. I guess she got really mad at me because seriously, how can I consider her even finding the logs of wood even though they were directly next to her? What a tragedy, first death in my still young fortress. I'm glad she had neither friends nor family. Makes things a lot easier. Next time she should consider getting a drink :/
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:55:15 am by Enki »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Diplomat won't go and other problems
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:11:56 pm »

Your diplomat isn't done with the expedition leader.  There are more meeting screens you need to go through before the meeting is completed.

It sounds like your carpenter was trapped in a burrow, or walled in by a workshop, or otherwise unable to reach either the wood or anything to drink.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:15:01 pm »

Your diplomat isn't done with the expedition leader.  There are more meeting screens you need to go through before the meeting is completed.
Never had him taking so long for the meetings. I already had concerns he bugged on me and I would never again could barter with him.

It sounds like your carpenter was trapped in a burrow, or walled in by a workshop, or otherwise unable to reach either the wood or anything to drink.
Is there any good information on what workshop blocks which ways? I guess she just got trapped inside the bowery. Same thing happens to one of my gem cutters though I was able to save him.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:20:34 pm by Enki »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 12:17:14 pm »

http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Workshop and then click on the workshop you want.

Bowyer's workshops and jeweler's workshops both have one row of impassible tiles along the side, and both often result in dwarves getting walled into the workshop if you build it so that the impassible tiles block the exit.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Enki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 12:21:30 pm »

Ah thanks, yeah, now I see that both of them got stuck inside the workshop. Never knew about it since I never established this kind of workshop setup before. Thanks for your help :)