Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarven trader killed  (Read 655 times)

Subdane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dwarven trader killed
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:18:58 am »

I am trying a very different playing style at the moment and experimenting alot... anyways I didnt finish my trade depot and the dwarven trader (caravan) went berserk which resulted in his own caravanguards killed him... haha
Lots of loot for me.. But now my friend tells me, because it was the first visit and they didnt get to finish the trade, there will be no more dwarven caravans coming...

Is there any truth in this?

If so this sucks, because I only have tin and nickel metals on my map so far, and a little galena (lead and silver)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven trader killed
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 07:29:26 am »

I am trying a very different playing style at the moment and experimenting alot... anyways I didnt finish my trade depot and the dwarven trader (caravan) went berserk which resulted in his own caravanguards killed him... haha
Lots of loot for me.. But now my friend tells me, because it was the first visit and they didnt get to finish the trade, there will be no more dwarven caravans coming...

Is there any truth in this?

If so this sucks, because I only have tin and nickel metals on my map so far, and a little galena (lead and silver)
they will  return. The only thing besides raw edits that prevents dwarven caravans from coming is ongoing siege.

Subdane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 08:12:09 am »

Sounds really good :D

Thank you for the reply ;)

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:56:26 am »

I think that less migrants will come and they'll bring less goods next year, though. (correct me if Im wrong)
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:36:24 am »

I've heard (and it may never have been true or may have once been true but no more) that if you kill the dwarven caravan (or otherwise steal from them) over and over again many times they will eventually stop coming.  But once wouldn't do that even if it is true.

Also I think migrants and caravan goods and all that are tied to your wealth, part of that being exported wealth, so not having traded may indeed cause some impact on that (then again you'll have gained a bunch of items that may spike your wealth depending on what they brought so who knows).