Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Living in an elf run world.  (Read 1885 times)

PainRack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Living in an elf run world.
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:39:23 am »

I just generated a new world, 550 years of history and to my dismay....... its run by FREAKING ELVES!

There are two dwarven civilisations. However, according to the site list, the mountain halls are empty. Well, there is one mountain hall that's populated......... by ELVES. I checked the world history and well, the other dwarven civilisation essentially crumbled, lost their king and queen to starvation that was complicated by the titans, dark creatures of the night and etc....... they survived obviously, but are apparently now expatriate dwarves. Presumably, some of the"empty" dwarven halls are theirs, just not manned by any notable historical figures.

And that's it. There are NO historical dwarven figures after approximately yr 50. Its the last time I can find a dwarf that existed in the history..... meanwhile, the elves run everything. The gobbos are essentially wiped out by megabeasts, but their raids? Killed by both human civilisations and elves. Oh wait, said human civilisation appears to have a sizeable elven population in their towns too.......

There's been some wars between what a cursory view suggests that demon taken over human civilisations, fiend gobbos and "normal" human civilisations, again, one with a very large expat elf civilisation fought each other.
Anyone who knows how to export and allow a better reading of the legends, please tell me now:D

So.... to summarise, my dwarven civilisation is made up of elves. Whoose king/queen/generals are elves, and apparently all incompetents because they fail to deflect their parent elven civilisation, the Mythical Jaws attacks repeatedly..... Now we're at peace with them. And they die of starvation routinely........

Sounds like a great story waiting to be told of how the dwarves took back ther pride! This, is ELVEN FORTRESS!

i874236951

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Living in an elf run world.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 02:10:15 am »

Check out Legends Viewer.  Instructions in the thread.

Tetragenic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:46:06 am »

Build a gigantic statue of a dwarf. Killing an elf. With magma. And glass serrated disc traps. And laughing. And eating cheese. It shall show them that the dwarves are still alive.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Dwarven Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

blue sam3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 08:17:08 am »

It appears that you have a lot of targets available.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 08:53:59 am »

Adventure mode. Kill all of them.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:05:20 am »

Go kill 'em all. Go to the nearest house and slaughter them like animals. Eat their kids in front of their parents. Or, eat their parents in front of their kids!!!

Go to the nearest mountain hall (as a dwarf, of course) and kill the elven occupants in their sleep. Kill the elven monarch. Pick up his crown, and put it on. Pick up his scepter, and wield it. Burn trees in front of their faces. Rule over the elves in you civilization with a steel fist (or iron, if you can't manage that). Force them to mine for you. Put them in a cruel mixture until the no longer look like an elf. Force them to fight for you, and make them kill all in their path. You are Saruman of Many Colours in this fortress. You... Breathe... *mumbles* Dammit, I can't think of anything else to say.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 09:07:06 am »

Re-balance the world.  Destroy the elves, make a fortress, and re-propagate the dwarven race.   
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ascarona

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 09:07:27 am »

Adventure mode. Kill all of them.
This. Armok commands you.
Be sure to relocate your main dining room in hell as well, and make the obvious joke about it.
It's just immoral to let elves leave the map without being robbed at least a little.

dragoncurse

• Bay Watcher
  • if patience.Huge = fortress.FUN.Huge
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 10:02:38 am »

A WORLD OF ELVES?

HERESY. ARMOK ORDERS TO YOU BUILD THE DWARFIEST FORTRESS EVER DONE, AND CAPTURE EVERY SINGLE HIPPEE, AND THEN UNLEASH IN THE ARENA WITH !!FUN!! TOGETHER.
:3

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 11:30:58 am »

You say elf world I say target rich environment.

Angel-of-Dusk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 11:31:55 am »

I want this save

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 11:41:56 am »

Yes. Please upload this save.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 11:44:01 am »

Do you come with elves and elven "technology" on embark? Or is it still dwarfs somehow?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:00 am »

I say stick with the challenge, a real Dwarf would be doing his/her best even if their leaders are all elves.
Prove to them what a real Dwarf is! There is no need to go the easy way by slaughtering them all.
Remeber, Dwarves do it the hard way, by enduring it!

Also.. to everyone calling me an elf or elf-lover, threatening me with magma or axes/hammers, you who are not up to this challenge.
I ask you; Are you Dwarves or are you Fluffy wamblers?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 11:51:09 am by Ultimuh »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 12:49:06 pm »

Go kill 'em all. Go to the nearest house and slaughter them like animals. Eat their kids in front of their parents. Or, eat their parents in front of their kids!!!
Pages: [1] 2