Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Soap as a Stone  (Read 2336 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Soap as a Stone
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 12:52:34 pm »

Please help?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 08:33:43 pm »

Er...I am stumped as to why my soapstone is not working, please help, yadda yadda, please?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 09:32:14 pm »

I suspect that your soap stone needs to be defined as [INORGANIC:something] in one of the inorganic_ raw files in order to be recognized as a stone.  [MATERIAL_TEMPLATE: doesn't define a material, it defines a material template.  You need to define the actual material as an INORGANIC type object somewhere.

You could probably do it by adding something like this to one of your inorganic raws:

[INORGANIC:SOAPSTONE]
   [USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SOAPSTONE_TEMPLATE]
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.
Pages: 1 [2]