Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 19497 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 2/Keep moving
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2011, 05:44:08 pm »

also all have posted methinks.
Indeed....

Bump the Dwarmouse!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2011, 08:40:14 pm »

:3 can i haz turn plz
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2011, 08:46:15 pm »

Pressure!

Pressssssure!

:-\

Really though, updates will not be daily. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2011, 08:47:17 pm »

Pressure!

Pressssssure!

:-\
*Squeezes Dwarmin's arm*

Really though, updates will not be daily. :P
*Cracks whip*
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 3/Majestic
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2011, 12:15:28 pm »

Turn 3
The deepest part of the Eclipse occurs very soon now...for a moment, the sane and rational world melts away in awe of it's chaotic majesty.

Duratan/Tarran

(Charisma: 4)
(Intelligence: 3+1=4)

Momentarily choosing to follow his brothers command, Duratan goes to find his mother, who is busy with a group of humans-they are talking in an odd language, and pointing and opening blocks of yellow...something.

"Little Duratan, it's called "Paper"-for books and scrolls, you know. I'll teach you to read when your older, but...what did you need now dearest?" Anyur says patiently.

Duratan indicates his brothers asked for food, and he is fetching it for him.

"So young, yet an understanding of the need to be charitable. I'm proud of you, little one! Take this meat to your brothers and share it with them." She says, dropping a meaty leg she was gnawing on earlier near you.

"And make sure to be polite when you give it to him. Now, shoo! Your mothers got work to do..."

((Duratan learned how to be nice to those weaker, and a litle more foolish then himself that day-or maybe not so evil to those he viewed as inferior, at least. -5 Evilness, -5 cruelty))

Duratan drags it back, and offers to his brother, who caws righteously and offers for Duratan to eat as well. Darrzun hesitantly approaches, perhaps wanting to ask if he can also join in...that's when Daornmal stomps in, and pulls it away from them toward his own nest!

Daornmal rises to his full height, staring into his brothers eyes one by one, daring them to meet his gaze. He places his two front claws on top of the meat. An obvious challenge for superiority-he intends to have first choice of the prime rib, and he's obvously not going to share until he's done.

Darrzun scurries away, afraid.

Dandrauth seems confused. Everyone was being so nice to him up till now.

What does Duratan feel?

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Duratan (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agaronix/IronyOwl

Agaronix gets up with his sisters gentle nudges. She probably didn't mean to do it on purpose, he thinks, but he can't really be sure. She's trying to ask if he's hurt. Agaronix grunts a negative, then decides to move over to his other sister-Abdusk.

While he still has trouble making the word come out right, he decides to take it a little bit slower, and it seems as if Abdusk can understand him perfectly. He feels a babbling flood of excitied thoughts enter his mind, and he catches the gist of it-apparently Abdusk is sort of vain...and she likes to talk alot, but not in a mean or gossipy way. She just likes conversation...

"Oh yes! The most beautiful scales in the world, wouldn't you agree, brother? Your not so bad yourself...well, your not gold, but no ones perfect, except me...

Shiny things? Well, I don't exactly know what I would do with them. Nothing can be as beautiful as I am, so I wouldn't need them to accentuate myself. If I find any, I guess I'll just give them to you, if you like.

Sisters! I feel sorry for the blind one. Poor dear-she'll never see how beautiful she is, or how much more beautiful I am than her. A tragedy! I hope Mother can fix her poor eyes.

And the angry one-well, I get the feeling she really, really hates me. I don't know why. I tried to talk to her, but she just kept swinging that brutal little tail of hers around and growling. You don't think she would hurt me, would you? I don't think I could stand to be hurt...my scales might not shine as they should. Oh brother-tell me you won't let her hurt me? "

Abdusk now seems a little worried now that you mentioned it.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Agaronix (click to show/hide)

Draignean

((Charisma Roll 5-1=4))

Draignean is a bit gruff and demanding, but Harlauth eventually accepts the foul gift...though he eats sparingly and hesitantly, he does eat. He nods to his brother. Thanking him? Or cursing his name? There's no way to tell...

Hinduarth glares from across the cave, as she licks the scraps of meat and grease from her claws and begins gnawing on a leg bone. It's clear to Draignean at least, that she intended to eat Harlauth too once he was too weak to defend himself. You've earned her enmity for denying her...but he's learned a valuable lesson, and defiance of his father, even in this small way, is a victory.

((Draigean show of mercy was the act of an older, wiser being... -5 Evilness, -5 cruelty))

After a time recollecting your thoughts and trying to rest-Draignean experiences his first nightmare, a vision of his mother in chains-Halnon returns, looking smug as ever.

"I see you've all survived? Well, that's more than I expected. Especially you Hinduarth, I see you ate well...a Daughter after my own heart...if I had one, anyway. Hah!"

Draignean cannot suppress his shudders as Hinduarth actually glows proudly under this praise, creening happily.

"Second test. Learn to kill. Simple, really! I've helpfully lured a group of "Heroes" to his place. They're entering the cave even now. When they reach this spot, they'll kill you. Kill them first..."

While the young Dragons cannot exactly understand his words, they do receive a series of images-tall men with shining straight points and scales over their flesh, cutting Dragons heads off and laughing cruelly. They know Halnon has sent these monsters to attack them...they feel Halnons hate for the beings-and know he wants them to hate these creatures as much as he does, and prefers they suffer before they die.

Halnon laughs again, and disappears down a side tunnel. A few moments later, Draginean sees his yellow eyes in the distance above him, from a comfortable and hidden overhead vantage point near the top of the cave. All the more to enjoy the show.

Hinduarth growls. It's clear she wants to kill them, and quickly-all the more to earn her fathers poisoned love-but she's hesitant, even a bit corwardly, waiting to see what the others Wyrmlings will do.

Harlauth merely shudders in fear and looks at Draignean plaintively.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Draignean (click to show/hide)

Alvrea Markon'vie/Haika

((Charisma Roll 6+2=8))

Alvrea croons sadly. She couldn't stand...couldn't stand to have hurt him...she gently nudges him. She can't exactly pray to anything yet, but she does that now, offering a wish to whatever force watches over her, hoping Agaonix will wake up. After a breathless period of waiting, he does. Then he trots off.

Alvrea is alone again...she has time to reflect. She never wants to hurt anyone again. Alvrea promises to herself to be much more careful in the future...

((Gained +5 Charisma, -10 Intimidation! Alvrea became much more polite and careful in her dealings from then on-she didn't want to accidently hurt anyone ever again. She also became a good deal less assertive, as the idea of causing fear to achieve her aims had become wrong to her.))

Idly sharpening her claws again, Alvrea wonders again where Mother is. She wishes she had someone to talk to...

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Alvrea (click to show/hide)

Urenth/Wolfchild

(Strength 3-1=2)

Urenth digs hungrily and hastily...but the ground is frozen solid! She makes little headway, and eventually grows tired and bored. She doesn't want to dull her claws on rock, she wants to eat warm and living things.

Urenth wanders a little further from the cave. She can still barely see it...there's some green stuff here. Urenth knows she can eat the green, but she really doesn't want to. she could hunt some more, or maybe go back and try digging again...

That's when she looks up into the strange darklight sky, and watches as her mother bursts from the mouth of the cave and flies away into the distance-not slowing, not stopping, only sparing a single pained glance toward her tiny form.

Urenth has a feeling her mother has abandoned her, maybe for good.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Urenth (click to show/hide)

Asabragr/Ahra

(Remove Axe
Int Roll= 5-1=4)

To start, Asabragr notices the claw in his shoulder. It's certainly annoying. He carefully pulls and removes it, and it doesn't hurt...he feels some resistance, and ignores his first instinct to panic and instead shifts it the left, and takes it out without harming himself further. It's shiny! He pops the axe in his mouth on instinct, swallowing it and storing in his second stomach. He's not sure how he knew how to do that, but he feels as if his treasure will be safe there until he needs to cough it back up.

^Lore Added^

Now...food. He can't eat axes, obviously. He heads down the mountain

(Cover your tracks!
Int Roll= 6-1=5)

Asabragr has a flash of insight. He looks behind him-where he has been stepping, he leaves a trail. He sees a print on the ground, looks at his claw, and comes to conclusion...

The Beard-Claws will be following him, and they will use his marks to follow him! He's going to have to be careful not to leave anything behind...Asabragr learned caution that day. It was a lesson well earned.

((Gained the Trait-Hard to Track! Asabragr has learned how to leave little trace of himself when travelling-either flying and touching down or entirely overland. Even when he gets larger, he'll tend to move alot more cautiously, gently pushing aside obstacles rather than blundering through everything, and this be much more safe from his pursuers.))

Asabragr feels a rumble in his real stomach. He begins lightly hopping down the mountain, pausing only to adjust his direction if there is an obstacle or telling ground ahead of him...eventually he reaches the treeline, and begins taking in new scents and sounds.

(Luck Roll=4)

Sneaking through the underbrush is easy-and his black scales have seemed to subtly shifted in hue to hide him in the shadows of the trees. Did he do that on purpose? Asabragr doesn't know...

In time, he comes upon what he was looking for-a meaty being. It's big, furry and brown, with yellow teeth and black claws, like him. It's a little bigger than Asabragr, but it also seems to be hurt. He notices that there is something on it's rear leg-some sort of metal teeth, popping out of the ground, that are closed upon it and won't let go. It can't really move until the teeth let go. Does Asabragr attack it? 

Then again, he does feel a bit sorry for it. He could help it out of the teeth...but what if it is as hungry as him? It's certainly large enough to eat him!

-----
(Dwarf Trackers, 4-2=2)
Some distance away the Dwarves shake their heads. They lost the Dragons trail somehow! It's going to be the hammerer for the both of them if they don't catch that little runt...so, the Tall one starts going back over the area again...

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Asabargr (click to show/hide)

OOC:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:48:08 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »

Draginean drags it back, and offers to his brother, who caws righteously and offers for Duratan to eat. Darrzun hesitantly approaches, perhaps wanting to ask if he can also join in...that's when Daornmal stomps in, and pulls it away from them toward his own nest!

Daornmal rises to his full height, staring into his brothers eyes one by one, daring them to meet his gaze. He places his two front claws on top of the meat. An obvious challenge for superiority-he intends to have first choice of the prime rib, and he's obvously not going to share until he's done.

Darrzun scurries away, afraid.

Dandrauth seems confused. Everyone was being so nice to him up till now.

What does Draignean feel?
*Ahem* Duratan =/= Draignean.

Charge that jerk. Get your own food asshat! Invite Dandrauth to the fight.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2011, 12:33:46 pm »

Alright. Enough sitting around alone. Rea will seek out food. I assume by smell, and maybe by hearing if she hears her mother come back.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2011, 12:36:03 pm »

Ásabragr was sad it had to come to this, but the jaw from the ground would help him as he sneaked behind the brown one and lashed out with claw and tail...
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2011, 12:53:11 pm »

ooc: Now that my toughness is back up to 90 my HP should by 72 again. I'll need it with the madness that I'm about to embark on.

Draignean growled, Harlauth would not fight unless he was pressed. He didn't exactly know how he knew it but that hardly changed the fact that he did, and if Harlauth did not fight Halnon would kill him. His father was cruel, and he would not spare his brother's soft heart. There was no way to save him now, either his sister or is father would kill his only brother for his weakness. Still, Draignean had not shared his own meal to keep his brother alive only to have him die now...

Roaring his best Draignean reared up and slashed his brother across the face, enough to knock him to the ground. Satisfying as clawing the fool across the face was he could only hope his brother understood. After knocking his brother to the floor he scampered to the cave mouth, knocking his sister out of the way and hissing at her as well in his charge. "Mine! All Mine!"

The only way to save his brother would be to kill all the steel-scales before the others had a chance, he would be the cruelest of them all... So that his brother wouldn't have to be.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2011, 01:20:27 pm »

And thus begins Draignean's descent into insanity.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2011, 01:37:59 pm »

He's not mad, just Honorable enough to innately protect the weak and Arrogant enough to believe he can.
---

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2011, 02:02:10 pm »

You're not mad now, but sooner or later the traumatizing effects of your father will drive you internally, or completely mad. For god's sake man, you had to eat your brothers, your sister is insane, and now you have to actually kill some intelligent beings (those humans) right out of the egg. That can't possibly be good for your mental health.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2011, 02:10:34 pm »

dwarves cracking your egg and probably killing your sibling(s) and wanting revenge is good for your mental health?
well in comparison id say draignean is gonna become melancholic in the end.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2011, 02:11:26 pm »

If Halnon has his way, Draignean will grow up as insane as he is himself-in Hanlons mind, insanity and cruelty are the the only defense vs a cold, immoral world.

True, Draignean will never be *normal*, but if he can manage to preserve his real self vs what Halnon would have him become-he'll come out stronger for it.

Which, in a way, is his fathers plan, after all.

Don't think Halnon still doesn't love Draignean, in his own uniquely horrible way.  ;D

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2011, 02:18:09 pm »

you mean its like he throws stuff at them to make them stronger and weed out the weak?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 02:21:50 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15