Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 19495 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 2/Keep moving
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2011, 03:01:47 pm »

wait, why no toughness thing applied to damage or have i misunderstood it?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2011, 03:13:32 pm »

That's all in your hitpoints Ahra. Maybe once your dragon scales grow stronger-and you can generally influence them to in different ways-you can get some damage resistance.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2011, 05:14:04 pm »

Dwarmin, urenth is female.

Urenth Hungrilly digs to find the meat rquired to keep herself alive, If there is enough food, Urenth takes some back to her mother as a peace offering
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:48:02 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2011, 05:19:42 pm »

Dwarmin, urenth is female.

You should have chosen a more feminine name. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2011, 05:22:01 pm »

These ARE dragons we're talking about here. You'd think their names would be much more serious sounding than human names. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »

that why i took mine from our good olī nordic mythology (or changed one to more of my liking)
Quite fucked indeed.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2011, 06:17:57 pm »

Rea will croon apologetically, and nudge Agaronix with her snout gently, making sure he's still alive.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:49 pm »

My name was inspired by Anne Mc'Caffrey's PERN novels, all the dragon names end with TH, plus i am adding a bit to the action
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2011, 07:50:45 pm »

Hey Dwarmin, Hinduarth is a poison or chaos spitter isn't she?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2011, 07:51:31 pm »

You would guess right!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2011, 07:52:00 pm »

I really don't know where mine came from. It was just one of those names that just came to me very quickly.

If I really had to guess, it's from when I was deleting some very old ADOM saves, because I know that I've used the name Duratan before somewhere. I caught a glimpse, and my subconscious remembered it for several days to several weeks. I can't even remember when I deleted the saves.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2011, 07:54:57 pm »

You would guess right!
Brilliant.

That's going to a double helping of draconic Fun later on.

I really don't know where mine came from. It was just one of those names that just came to me very quickly.

If I really had to guess, it's from when I was deleting some very old ADOM saves, because I know that I've used the name Duratan before somewhere. I caught a glimpse, and my subconscious remembered it for several days to several weeks. I can't even remember when I deleted the saves.

Better than mine, Halnon and Midrayal were just spur of the moment, Draignean is just my middle name. My imagination was feeling impoverished when I was making them I guess.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2011, 08:04:39 pm »

Honestly, your name sounds awfully appropriate for a dragon name. I thought you choose it for that specific reason.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2011, 10:40:32 pm »

Well, that was interesting. He lay there for a moment, deciding that sometimes these things just happened. Time to move on.

Obviously, his violent sister probably wasn't worth approaching yet- she might take his injured state as an excuse to injure him further. He didn't especially mind the pain, but that didn't mean he wanted to be needlessly stabbed a lot. No, better to see his more... well, better sister, maybe? He still didn't know exactly what it was about her, but maybe this would be a good chance to find out.

Go over to Abdusk, talk to her. Mention how pretty her scales are, ask how she feels about having gold coins, ask what she thinks of her other siblings.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2011, 09:28:05 am »

it would be fun if blindy could when mature "see" like bats in 3d (no hiding :P) and sonic breath would seriously mess her up.
also all have posted methinks.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 11:28:53 am by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15