Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 19467 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon-Deluxe Edition
« Reply #45 on: August 16, 2011, 10:38:38 pm »

You're trying to get leverage on the other RTD, aren't you?

Couldn't hurt, and you are the guy who started this. :) So hopefully you'll know how to rp a bit in it.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2011, 10:44:32 pm »

I know how to RP. Mildly.

I just have 0 experience with a sister. Meaning, I've never had a sister.

So I have absolutely no idea how my guy would react in a multitude of situations.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 11:28:00 pm »

I know how to RP. Mildly.

I just have 0 experience with a sister. Meaning, I've never had a sister.

So I have absolutely no idea how my guy would react in a multitude of situations.

Headlock is the universal answer.

Except when some guy makes your sister cry, then you break his jaw.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2011, 01:27:53 am »

Spoiler: my dragon (click to show/hide)

now to go read through the thread

edit: my dragon is nice too
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:33:21 am by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2011, 05:41:02 am »

duh its the Black ones, not chromatic that is hunted apparently.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 02:10:06 pm »

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ásabragr (click to show/hide)
...Alvrea Markon'vie and Urenth
, chromatic dragon means mettalic dragon theres no pic for that that i will use that have no horns or smooth head. or no claws either.
Spoiler: Duratan (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 02:50:24 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2011, 02:13:44 pm »

Wow you sure know where to look for images.

Though Draignean's image is broken.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2011, 02:16:42 pm »

not for me.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »

Nice finds Ahra.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2011, 02:44:54 pm »

you can thank Naomi noviks Temerire for your oh mighty "Emperor" dragon  :P ((seriously thats the name of the "race" the most badass mo-fos except Regal coppers aka 20 ton of pure bullet resistant other dragon rape))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 03:51:19 pm by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 04:04:27 pm »

I invision my gal as something like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sadly, can't find a bigger picture of it.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 04:19:39 pm »

i dont like small picture ((or smooth dragon pictures, the way they look they drain the awesome from dragons))
Quite fucked indeed.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »

New image:
I think this was done in chalk or something, it's rather blurry. And not as metallic in coloring as I'd like.

Edit: OOO this one is much, MUCH better:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:16:50 pm by Haika »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 05:43:53 pm »

TURN 1
Throughout the land, the village families huddled in their homes, and the royals clutched at their riches, and the priests grasped for their Holy Books. It was the day of the Full Eclipse-and anything could happen...no one was safe. It would be noted in later years for the uncommonly high number of Black Dragon births...

Duratan

(Birthed: 1d6=6)
Somewhere, a Dragon falls, beaten yet unbowed...but, no afterlife awaits his soul. He remains restless..he finds a new body...a new life...and the cycle begins once again...

Duratans first feeling is warmth-with his early developing horns, he easily breaks through his eggshell as if he's done it a hundred times, and emerges into the world. After his vision clears, his first sight is his mother and father looking down on him-Anyur with the worried, yet happy gaze of any new mother, and Halos with a look of distant, reserved respect. Even right out of the egg, he can already understand Draconic. He hears his Fathers booming voice.

"Well, I wasn't sure if the last egg was ever going to hatch...

But, he has his mothers eyes and the soul of an ancient warrior. Train him well Anyur. He has my reputation to live up to afterall."

Duratan feels empowered and in awe of his father.
(+10 bonus to all stats from birth)

The ancient Dragon nods solemnly, then turns away...Duratan later notices he has three other brothers, who hatched before him. All of them are black scaled, like him.

(Int roll: 5, Luck Roll:6 )
(Int roll: 2, Luck Roll:6 )
(Int roll: 4, Luck Roll:3 )

His first brother, Darrzun, is built more sleekly than him-and instead of horns, he has gnarled tusks. He looks at Duratan a bit sadly, and has set himself apart from the clutch. Duratan can smell sulfer from him-the same smell Duratan has himself. His young Dragon mind puts two and two together, and guesses he can breath fire like him.

His second brother, Dandrauth, looks something like him in build, but has a brillant, blinding mirrored scales and large, ornate horns. His mother and father will seem to dote on him more than the others in the coming years... Like his first brother, he has the scent of sulfer about him. This brother seems to enjoy all the attention. He looks at Duratan as if he expects him to also pay respect.

His last brother, Daornmal, doesn't seem very out of the ordinary-he's somewhat smaller than Duratan, but he's also more stocky. He's the most aggressive of the three-always the first to the food, and always the first to claim the best sleeping spots. Strangely, Duratan doesn't smell sulfer coming from him. He treats Duratan with obvious disinterest.

You don't trust any of them, but they are your brothers after all.

Afterwards, a group of hairless pink skinned creatures-who his mother will eventually tell him are "Humans"-they are the cults chosen favored, and have come to pay him obeseiance in honor of the Dragon they worship as a Goddess. They bring trays of freshly cooked meat on silver platters, and with some gentle urging from his mother, Duratan overcomes his suspiscions about them eats well that night...

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Duratan (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agaronix

(Mother/Birthed: 1d6=5)

Agaronix finds it difficult to leave his egg. It's very warm, and outside it is very cold. But, something tells him to get a move on...it's a voice. His mothers voice, coaxing him out. He decides to listen to her and break free.

"Welcome. You kept me waiting little one....but, I see your already learning to listen to me. Good!"

He's pleased by his Mothers approval!
(+5 bonus to all stats from birth)

Agaronix looks around. He's in a gilded nest of gems-and they match his mirrored black scales nicely. He sees his three other Dragons, which his mother informs him are his sisters, sleeping in seperate nests, each of a different sort of material. They are all very short, compared to him.

(Int roll: 2 )
(Int roll: 2, Luck Roll:6 )
(Int roll: 4, Luck Roll:1 )

His first Sister, Alvrea is not black like him-she seems to be many different colors at once, depending on the light, and also has a mirror shine-she's in a nest of silver. She seems to be loudly calling for your mothers attention, but is getting little attention. Alvrea seems to be sort of lost. Instead of looking with her eyes, she's feeling with her claws, and seems fairly scared. You feel sorry for her.

He has a second sister,  Abdusk, who almost seems his polar opposite-she is Golden, and has mirror scales that somehow seem to outshine even your own...she's unusually quiet and, and returns your searching gaze with one of her own. It's sort of demoralzing-Abdusk seems strange somehow, like there is something special about her. She rests in a nest of Gold, that reflects off her scales in an odd way.

His last sister, Amarugux, is Gold, but normal in most other ways. She has been placed  off to the side in a nest of copper. She growls and tenses in her nest, as if expecting to be attacked. You don't know what you did to make her so angry, but the look she gives you is undisguised hatred. Her spiked tail twitches back and forth, perhaps dreaming of plunging it through your head...you notice when she gets *really* mad, things begin to fly around as if they were leaves in the wind. Your not sure what sort of power she has.

Agaronix decides to sleep for now. Hopefully there will be food soon...

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Agaronix (click to show/hide)

Draignean

(Birth: 1d6=2)

Draignean is so cold. He knows if he can't escape from the egg, he will die, and yet, he feels like something is wrong. Where is the warmth? Why is no one helping him...he hears a voice, low and evil. Somehow, he knows its evil, even now. Even if he can't make out the words, the intent is clear enough.

"Rise out of your eggs you useless Wyrmlings. Spawn of Midrayal, indeed-all cowards just like she was...You make me regret sparing your lives already...how very disappointing...maybe you need some encouragement?"

Draignean feels a sharp pain in his head. The voice just killed one of his brothers...he doesn't know how he knows, but he does. He begins to fight his way out, to spare himself the same fate. At first, it doesn't seem if the egg will crack...eventually, he realizes he is supposed to you use his horns, and smashes through.

He sees the Black Dragon-his father. Halnon stares down at Draignean with a look of disdain.

"Good. As you'll soon learn, little wyrmling, life is just one long struggle until you die. Your lessons will begin soon...if your hungry, I'm sure your weaker siblings can provide a fine meal."

He chuckles evilly, then turns away, pulling the shadows around him like a cloak. The air begins noticebly warmer as he leaves.

It's going to be a hard knock life...for you!
(-5 temp bonus to all stats from birth)

Draignean notices that there are two siblings who also managed to escape...and at least three more lay dead, killed in their eggs by Halnons brutality. His surviving siblings are both white scaled, unlike him.

(Int roll: 4, Luck Roll:3 )
(Int roll: 2, Luck Roll:3 )

Your brother, Harlauth, seems traumatized. He won't even look at you when you try to call to him. His scales shine with a mirror sheen, but it seems Halnon disfigured him-Harlauths has a long, jagged scar running over his left eye. You smell sulfer coming from his genreal direction, the same smell from yourself-that's odd.

Your sister, Hinduarth, is much the same. She has taken watch in a corner of the cave, back to the wall, and has already dragged one your clutchmates corpses with her and begun to eat. There's something wrong with her. Just under her skin you can see sickly green veins...and something inherent in Draignean tells him she is very sick, but exactly how he cannot say. She seems wild and unpredictable.

Draignean gets the feeling he's going to have to do some pretty horrible things if he wants to survive.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Draignean (click to show/hide)

Alvrea Markon'vie
(Chose random mother, 1d3=2, Argonix)
(Birth: 1d6=3)
(No bonus)

Alvrea knew something was wrong as soon as she emerged. Instead of a flood of light she had somehow expected, everything remained dark...even as she felt and pushed her way out of the confining shell. She felt a larger Dragon pick her up, and try to soothe her.

"Oh...I'm so sorry, little child. The Chromatis sometimes blinds the newborn in the egg...but do not fear. Trust me...and do not lose hope. I am nothing it not prepared..."

Alvrea feels herself dropped in a nest of some sort of cold metal. She feels around, but is afraid to move. She hears others calling to her...but doesn't know if she should answer back.

(Int roll: 1-1=0 )
(Int roll: 2-1=1, Luck Roll :5 )
(Int roll: 4-1=3, Luck Roll: 4 )

Too many senses come at her too quickly. So, she stops trying to "see", and starts to feel and hear...the commotion is difficult to cut though, but she can make out three distinct others, each with their own sounds and voices, like her. As least she's not completely alony. Alvrea gets a vague feeling some sort of magical pressure and the sound of crackling stone from the furthermost clutchmate.

She's hungry. Hopefully there's food soon...Alvrea wonders, is darkness all she shall ever know?

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Alvrea (click to show/hide)

Urenth

(Mother/Birthed: 1d6=4)
(No bonus)

Urenth tumbles into world confused...she wasn't ready to leave the egg yet. She felt her egg being lifted and then dropped...Urenths first sight is the blinding white scales of her mother, Vitnaa, who is looking at with obvious disgust and a weak, confused love. There's a deep pain in her Mothers tired eyes. She seems to be talking quietly to herself.

"So, this is what comes of a loveless union? A strange fate...just seeing makes me remember everything..."

Your not sure what to do. She seems like she loves you...and wants to kill you at the same time. You look around. There's no others like you. It's just you and her. Also, there's no food and your afraid to ask your mother for some. What now?

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Urenth (click to show/hide)

Asabragr

(Mother/Birthed: 1d6=1)
(-10 temp bonus to all stats from birth)

Asabarager was resting calmly in his egg, patiently waiting for the optimal hatching time-though he he had begun to have a fairly bad feeling about all this. The one who used to sing to him in her monstrous voice was gone. He had heard loud voices...a flapping of wings...and had not heard from her since.

So, when he felt himself jostled, his first instinct was close to panic. He began to struggle, and felt his egg dropped...and crack. He emerged into an unfriendly world, his blurry vision slowly clearly to reveal two short, bearded creatures that stand on two. They were carrying shiny claws...like his own claws but metal. They seemed not to be afraid of him.

The first one is shorter and more round.
"Look at those horns. Big enough to make an Ale tankard out of!"

The second one is taller, and looks more cruel.
"You kno wat the nobles mandate sais. Ee' wonts the Drakons blak skeen for is' bed sheetz."

Asabargr can't understand them, but he gets the distinct feeling they want to do him harm. He backs away...and the Bearded ones move forward, carefully. Out of the corner of his eye, Asabarger sees another of his siblings, struggling out of it's egg, probably woken up by the commotion. His Draconic senses tell him he's going to have to act fast.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Asabargr (click to show/hide)

OOC: Enjoy first turn! The length between your turns generally depended on if you rolled brothers and sisters or not, so don't take it as an intended slight.

Make sure to double check your stats in case I missed something. Dwarmin <--> Human
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:57:57 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD of the Dragon-Turn 1/Day of The Full Eclipse
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2011, 05:56:41 pm »

thinking quickly he attempted to Scuttle towards the other egg past it (smash it?) and out of the cave.
also my total agility is 45.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15