Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 19450 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 7/Time Marches On
« Reply #180 on: September 01, 2011, 05:46:08 pm »

aserbragr thought of something, why not just wait above the cave entrance and pounce on the last one when they walked out
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2011, 05:52:42 pm »

Caves near Bogs for green Acid, Caves in areas near poisonous animals/plants for green poison, Mountain caves for Red, for black, no generalization since they can be any kind of dragon.

Electrified air for lightning dragons. Platinum, Alkali metals, or a combination of crushed Iron and Aluminum ((AKA Thermite)) for fire dragons. And either ice, snow, or Nitrogen for Ice dragons. Nitrogen is best but the hardest to get.

Ashmuul, the Forgotten God. He was once considered a god in times long ago, but since his death the religion around him has fallen.

He breathed lightning and knew much about magic. He was charismatic and intelligent. Though he wasn't all that tough, and when a non-believer shot him through the neck with a bolt, he died slowly.

His remains are burred on Alzan Hill.

A decent amount of dragons claim to be his descendant, since, being a 'god', he got a lot of attention and had many kids with many wives. Though the legitimacy of these statements is little to none, and even if they were true they are very distant descendants because of how long ago his time was.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:00:38 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2011, 06:52:15 pm »

My God Tarran, that's it? You could have some real fun with this one, creating history as long as you make a good roll...

For instance for the first question you could say... While there has been heated debate on the topic by the Draconic eldest there has been little to suggest that color plays a role in a dragon's habits more than upbringing, social climate, and base emotion stability. Most famously pointed by the green Eldest Azaaur'Anukra in his oration at the summit of voices there is no more observable correlation between scale pigmentation and behavior than there is between cattle coloration and flavor. His opinion was further carried by the younger black warrior Hashna, who gave great and detailed testimony to the similarities shared between between blues and reds that had been raised by the same parent in similar environs. In closing, while a dragon may seek terrain that matches his own hide the drive is one of camouflage, not personality, and the emotional attachment and comfort gained from their preferred climate comes not from instinct, but from centuries of life in a single territory.   

*Shakes head Ruefully*
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2011, 07:21:46 pm »

I have a feeling all the answers are already made up. Thus, I'm not trying to create history because I don't believe I CAN create history.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2011, 07:28:07 pm »

You totally can though!

Players creating lore as they play is something I encourage.

Edit: Which is to say, the answers are totally not made up yet. ;)
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2011, 07:32:48 pm »

Alright then.

I'll spice things up a little.

Beware though: I am slightly sleep deprived.

Edit: There, done.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 08:01:39 pm by Tarran »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2011, 08:23:56 pm »

Urenth knew she was not as strong as many dragons, but these creatures needed to be destroyed, she closed her eyes and went through many scenarios in her head about how she could defeat them, she realised she needed to bring them to the cave, so in desperation, she began singing her own song
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2011, 11:53:37 pm »

Hmm, time to think outside the box. As interesting as Mother's romantic story of how she met step dad is. heh.

Rhea is going to play around with her breath a bit, trying to get an elemental created out of one of them that she can direct with her mind.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2011, 05:38:07 am »

Agaronix swished his tail back and forth, thinking about his father's story.

"I think I want to learn other things first," he said cheerfully. "That's being true to myself."

He hoped his sister wouldn't be lonely by herself, but he was pleased at what he felt was putting the moral of the story to good use.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2011, 12:45:47 am »

*tinydragonnudge*
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 06, 2011, 12:46:49 am »

*Big Birthday Dragon Nudge*

:P

Nah, just kidding, take your time Dwarmin.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 06, 2011, 11:08:49 am »

This game isn't dead either, I'm just now recovering from my last weekend...lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 06, 2011, 07:59:10 pm »

How big is a newborn dragon? Can they pick up a human? Can they climb on one? What about a horse?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2011, 08:04:54 pm »

How big is a newborn dragon?
Read first post.

"Their body starts out about the size of a large dog, and gets to be as long as a large stone tower you see in castles while being as wide as 2 horses."

Can they pick up a human?
No, FAR too small.

Can they climb on one?
I'll let Dwarmin be the final say on this since this is his RTD.

However, in my opinion: Ask yourself if a pig, small cow, small horse etc can climb on a person. It depends on various things.

What about a horse?
I'll let Dwarmin be the final say on this since this is his RTD.

But in my opinion, yes, pretty much. I'm not sure how comfortable it would be for both the horse and dragon, though.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2011, 08:36:20 pm »

How big is a newborn dragon?
Yeah, large dog size to start. Think somewhat larger than a Mastiff.

Can they pick up a human?
They can fling or push them if they get a running start, but are not capable of picking them up, and would probably have trouble dragging them even.

Can they climb on one?
Um. yeah? It would be uncomfortable.

What about a horse?
See above.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15