Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: A Dragon's Life-Turn 8/Sunset, and a Dragon's fall  (Read 19454 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 5/Legendary
« Reply #165 on: August 25, 2011, 09:50:17 pm »

I'd rather not age up, seeing as things are just getting interesting for me.

Agaronix sniffed at the air, his expression a sort of worried curiosity. What could that be? A moment later he shook his head as he turned back to Amarugx.

"Ah, I'm sure mother just doesn't notice you as much because you're not as shiny. That doesn't mean she likes you less, though. You remember how she congratulated Alvrea on catching her own food? I'll bet she'll like you a lot once you do something nifty like that."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2011, 07:55:39 am »

im willing to age up.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 27, 2011, 02:20:31 pm »

Thou art too awesome for the second page! Off with thee!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 6/Choice and Consequence
« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2011, 10:08:28 am »

Turn 6
Soon the eclipse will pass completely. What comes after-no one can say. But, change is always for the better right?

Duratan/Tarran
((Charisma roll 4-1=3

Opposed

Charisma roll 5-1=4))

Darrzun is difficult to engage. He keeps to himself and doesn't seem to trust anyone...and, it seems Daornmal got the same idea as Duratan-he also invites Darrzun to partake of his food.

Darrzun wavers, but eventually walks away from Duratan and takes his place at Daornmals side-as a subordinate. He doesn't allow him to eat right away.

Duratan will have to think about this later...for now, he tries to think back to the hand movements his mother made to heal him

((Intelligence Roll 4-2=2))

He believes he recreates the hand signs faithfully enough. But nothing happens...just a tingle of something, something he doesn't know what. He'll have to ask his Mother about it...

Time passes, slowly but surely. The Wyrmlings eat, sleep, eat and fight...Duratan and Daundrauth become closer in the time, and they tend to stick together in most things they do. Dandrauth becomes a little more independant. Darrzun, on the other hand, becomes a lackey of Daornmal, and doesn't seem to be very happy at all. He's afraid of Duratan for some reason, though, and sticks by his brutish brothers side constantly.

A few weeks later, Halos and Anyur confront the gathered Wyrmlings together, after they just enjoyed a truly decadent family meal.

Halos licks the grease off his chops and lets out a raucous belch. Anyur elbows him. The Wyrmlings laugh.

Halos, smiling, addresses them.

"Festivities aside, It's about time we discussed the future..."

Anyur seems a bit hesitant.

"Can't we just...a little more time..."
"They won't be young forever. It's time they made the choice."
"I suppose your right...I wouldn't want my children to end up like my brother...go on, Halos."
"With your blessing...you are young Wyrmlings, but not feeble of body or mind. Training for your future must begin right away. Now, I and your Mother will be overseeing this. We thought it might be fun to let you choose whom you will be training with first."

Halos laughs, and ruffles his wings.

"I can teach you how to fight. How to make your enemies fear you! How to protect your home...and your family. A Dragon must be strong to survive in this World. My strength and knowledge is yours, Wyrmlings. Now..."

Anyur speaks up

"There is an alternative though. Fighting is all well and good, but your mother has tricks of her own...reading, writing, speaking, science, history...and magic. There is power in the mind, as well as the muscles. What you ultimately decide upon, we leave up to you."

The choice is left up to the Wyrmlings, which parent they decide to go to.

Dandrauth only looks at Duratan with a questioning look in his eye. He seems to favor Anyur, though. You may have to convince him to follow Halos, if that is your decision.

Daornmal seems to be carefully weighing his options. He's not that intelligent, but he is very cunning. He seems to favor Halos-after all, the magic does not run in his blood as it does yours.

Darrzun seems to be waiting for Daornmal to choose for him.

Duratan must make his own choice.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Duratan (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agaronix/IronyOwl

A few kind words have set his sister on a better path...sort of.

"Amarugx....understand. Be...better. Better...than...you. Better....than...shine-sister. Better than....mother."

Agaronix chuckles. Well, he doesn't mind more competition, does he? He'll have to keep an eye on his sister, and make she doesn't overdo things in her haste to pass you.

He can't help but wonder about this turn of events, as the poison water scent grows more and more rank. None of the Wyrmlings can ignore it. That's when they see Death Stalker burst into the rim of the cave. He's about the polar opposite of your mother-where she is good, he is bad. All the Wyrmlings huddle up behind her...but, they still peak, curiosity not sated quite yet.

Acilrex has taken a defensive position between her Wyrmlings and Death Stalker...but, it's half hearted. As if she doesn't expect there to be a fight. In fact, the look in her face seems to be...adoration.

The Black Dragon speaks with an low hiss.

"Acilrex...came as soon as I heard...so, these are the little ones?"

He bends his toothy snout down to inspect you one by one. None of you can keep a shiver from running down your spines. He looks down upon Agaronix
"He's got the look all right. A Destroyer."

They confer amongst each other.

"Stalker...what have you come for? We're you serious when you..."
"Dead serious. I'd like the chance to raise one of them...like I said. I've got a legacy to maintain...I figure, every other year, I'll look after him...teach him the ropes. My son-or daughter-won't end up decorating a nobles mantleplace, not if I can help it. Nine Hells, I'll even take the Blind One. She'll be a real fighter once I'm done with her!" Stalkers booming laughter causes you all to shake in fear.

Acilrex looks at you each in turn-not eager to let you go...but, ready to embrace the idea.

"Wyrmlings, I know this must be fearful for you, but this is your Father. He only means the best...and, there's more..."

She explains how Stalker wishes to "adopt" one of you and take you back to his Swamp-most Black Dragons do this sort of thing, if they are not willing to leave their territory, or share it. You'll spend every odd year with him after this one. It's a tough choice, but you have time to make it...it's not stated directly, but you are all guessing he'll only take one.

Abdusk seems terrified of the prospect.

Amarugx seems intrigued.

How Agaronix respods-enthusiasm or fear, will determine many things.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Agaronix (click to show/hide)

Draignean

Draignean nods regally, as he his new servant laboriously brings his collected loot back to the nest. Then, he has the Human remove the arrow from his scalp-very carefully.

Spoiler: Dragon Loot Get (click to show/hide)

Now is the time to bask in victory. Harlauth is bruised, but thankful. He's going to have to rely on you more and more in the coming years...let's hope your strong enough for the both of them.

A few days later-the *tests* have stopped for a while Halnon seeks to extract his monthly tribute from the terrfied locals and isn't present at the time-Draignean is inspecting his shiny new point, which he now knows is a Sword. He swishes is experimentally, savoring the bloody memory when he killed that fool...that's when Hinduarth finally has the gall to approach him

She's been stewing in her shame over the last few days. She roars a defiant challenge-for your treasure, or perhaps your life. The infection in her has reached a horrible level, and may even be infecting her mind...Draignean looks closely, and her eyes seem to be strained from lack of sleep-with bloodshot green veins bulging out.

The call to battle...Draignean feels it. If he can best his sister now-or kill her-a great threat to himself will be removed...but, she is bound to be wary, and her powers could be dangerous. Draignean is hesitant-what if he catches the green sickness too?

Your Human slave watches, oh so carefully, from the sidelines. Probably hoping he can escape in any confusion-and in truth, you wouldn't blame him if he tried.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Draignean (click to show/hide)

Alvrea Markon'vie/Haika

You flee from the smell...and loudly tell your mother

"Hmm? Oh, that's just De...er, Stalker your father. You'll meet him soon, little one. Try and be polite...he's very unforgiving of mistakes."

She picks you up and drops you in your nest. The smells gets stronger, and the heartbeat gets louder, until you think it might drive you out of your mind...his voice, low and somewhat sinister, cuts through.

"Acilrex...came as soon as I heard...so, these are the little ones?"

You can feel his breath on you as he bends down to look at you...it's very uncomfortable.

"This is the blind one, right? She needs me more than she knows."

They speak amongst each other.

"Stalker...what have you come for? We're you serious when you..."

"Dead serious. I'd like the chance to raise one of them...like I said. I've got a legacy to maintain...I figure, every other year, I'll look after him...teach him the ropes. My son-or daughter-won't end up decorating a nobles mantleplace, not if I can help it. Nine Hells, I'll even take the Blind One. She'll be a real fighter once I'm done with her!" Stalkers booming laughter causes you all to shake in fear.

Alvrea senses her mothers heart racing a bit faster.

"Wyrmlings, I know this must be fearful for you, but this is your Father. He only means the best...and, there's more..."

She explains how Stalker wishes to "adopt" one of you and take you back to his Swamp-most Black Dragons do this sort of thing, if they are not willing to leave their territory, or share it. You'll spend every odd year with him after this one. It's a tough choice, but you have time to make it...it's not stated directly, but you are all guessing he'll only take one, unless your very convincing.

Alvrea is afraid...but her father is offering her a chance to be strong. Somehow, Alvrea knows he was sort of teliing the truth...if she embraces this truth or defies it, is up to her.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Alvrea (click to show/hide)

Urenth/Wolfchild

(Charisma Roll=2+1-1=2))

Urenth knows something is wrong here...she knows the Sirens need her for something, but she doesn't know what.

Cautiously, she moves forward. The beautiful music begins to reach a fever pitch, clouding her Dragon mind...

(1d25x2=12x2=24)

Urenth gets a little closer. She can see the Sirens a little more close now. In particular, their mouths-full of icicle teeth-and their claws-long and sharp. They seem to be smiling at her.

All she needs to do is get a little closer...and she will have her reward.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Urenth (click to show/hide)

Asabragr/Ahra

((Agility Roll: 3))

Asabargr turned from the broken beard axe and started running back toward the cave-though he couldn't fly yet, he went a good pace...just the chance that his sibling might still live was enough.

When Asabargr got there, what he saw froze his heart. There were two more Beard-Claws, loading up a cage into a wooden cart-inside, his purple hued sister, badly wounded and unconscious, but still alive...the Beard-Claws are wearing scale skins...and have bigger claws than the ones before. One is wearing a red cap...and one is wearing a blue cap. He can hear them...

Red Dwarf: You don't suppose Mofol got himself into trouble, do ya?
Blue Dwarf: He waz always a bit stupid. Wouldn't surprise me. We'll wait another ten minutes...and then pack this beastie off to the fort. We only need 1 Dragon for the mandate anyway.

Asabargr is wounded. The question is, will he risk his life to rescue his sister? No one will blame him for leaving her...it's a decision that he will come to regret. No matter what he eventually decides.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Asabargr (click to show/hide)

OOC:  I won't be left out!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 12:37:16 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2011, 12:43:48 pm »

asabargr looked at the small ones in horror "two more, bigger scales and claws...." maybe if i could find an overhanging rock to pounce on them from
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2011, 02:05:23 pm »

Go with Anyur.

Sorry, no roleplaying right now, just got up and I am still slow in the mind.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2011, 02:31:41 pm »

Dwarmin, is my dear Hinduarth poison or chaos?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »

Something tells Rhea that 'Stalker' is dangerous, and this same inner voice flares up again, when Mother talks about him being 'father'. It's confusing, but Rhea would rather accept it and stay with Mother anyway. She has no massive urge to fight, She may not know it yet, but eventually she will learn to use her head more than her physical prowess.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2011, 03:03:40 pm »

@Draignean: I'd thought to leave it a surprise. I'll do an Int roll for any case. :)

-----------------
(Int Roll 5-1=4)

Draignean takes a close look at his sister. The concept of what sort of "sickness" she exactly has, has eluded him up till now. His natural senses say she is sick, and yet she shows no signs of weakness. He knows-inherently as a child might fear fire or deep water-that it's worse than a mere fever or poison. It's literally inside of her, flowing through the blood-a horrible corruption of life. Just being around her is...disturbing. There is a sick warmth about Hinduarth, the feeling of which he cannot help but revile.

She's an abomination, but, from no fault of her own. Can he even afford her a small amount a pity-she who was cursed from birth, while he remained whole in body and mind? Maybe...maybe not.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2011, 03:51:51 pm »

His sister was corrupt at her core, not something to fault her for anymore than he faulted his brother's inherent purity, they were simply two different sides of the same. What he could fault her for was her greed for what she had not earned, his trove was his own, he had earned it through blood and pain -Granted not much in the way of pain- and she would not take it from him.

"What do you want sister?" Draignean asked, twisting the copper blade in his claws so that the light reflected into her eyes. There was always a chance to resolve things peacefully, but it would not hurt to get every advantage possible should she attack.

Draignean feared neither pain or death but if she did attack he would not kill, disable and cripple yes... He was not kinslayer. Not yet anyway.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 03:54:22 pm by Draignean »
---

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 29, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »

Urenth had a sudden horrible flash, she could not trust these women, she turned and went back to her mother's lair
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 01, 2011, 10:07:30 am »

Bumping for Ironyowl. :)

I guess I should thank him for the break though!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 01, 2011, 11:38:57 am »

You're lucky, I'm waiting on no-one, so I have no excuse besides being sleepy because I was woken up 2-3 hours earlier than normal. >_>

Tip: Work on the turn while the break lasts. That way you can go at your own pace, and when it's time to update you're pretty much done.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 01, 2011, 02:54:24 pm »

Once again, Agaronix felt conflicted, his thoughts and emotions sliding through a spectrum as he thought about it.

One of his first reactions was a desire to live up to his father's appraisal of him- a Destroyer should certainly be able to handle himself in combat. This was followed quickly by a a somewhat more sober realization that he didn't especially want to otherwise- while he wasn't totally disinterested in combat, living in a swamp so as to focus on it completely didn't seem especially appealing to him.

Finally, his father's words about decorating some noble's mantlepiece struck him. Even if he didn't particularly intend to fight, it occurred to him that he might have to anyway, and extensive combat training could help with that. He still didn't particularly want to, but it seemed much more useful than before.

Perhaps his earliest reaction, however, had been that this might be better suited to Amarugx. He didn't particularly want to shove her off on the basis of "she'll probably like combat," but it did seem relatively well-suited to her. His refusal to write her, or himself, off as a done deal in that fashion had helped foster his other considerations, but the thought had remained with him throughout. Now that he knew how he felt about the issue himself, he could give an answer with it.

"I think Amarugx would like it best," he said, "but I'll go if no one else does."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Dragon's Life-Turn 7/Time Marches On
« Reply #179 on: September 01, 2011, 05:37:42 pm »

Turn 7
Daybreak for some...nightfall for others.

Duratan/Tarran

Duratan decides on his mother with little difficulty. Dandrauth thinks for a bit, then decides to follow you.

Predictably, Daornmal and Darrzun choose to train with Halos.

The decisions made, and your training starts not long after...

A few weeks have passed.

Duratan yawns. His mother has been making him "hit the books" more and more frequently-and he's not sure how much it's helping! Most of the books are just pictures and simple words about Lore about Dragons, some written in Draconic, others in the Common language. It's alot to absorb.

Dandrauth seems to enjoy staying inside and reading though-and he's been soundly defeating you in your Mothers nightly quiz sessions...it's not that your so bad at your studies, but Dandrauth is fast as lightning. He seems to know the answers before you can even form the question in your mind. You feel yourself being a little looked down upon by everyone-not strong enough to hunting with Daornaml, not smart enough to compete with Dandrauth.

Even worse, Daornmal and Darrzun seem to be having more fun than you. They leave with Halos, running and sort-of-flying slash jumping out at dawn on their shaky wings, and come back every sunset-bruised, dirty and bloodied, but in excellent spirits.

Daornmal has already brought back his first kill, a large hoofed creature you know now is called a "Deer". It impressed your parents greatly, and he was given the first pick of meat that night...he didn't share with you.

Darrzun has certainly matured. He's still cautious, but careful tutleage under Halos and his brother has improved his confidence somewhat. He's certainly getting more aggressive against you, anyway.

Your mother calls you both into the Den that night. It's time for another quiz!

"Let's see if little Duratan can keep up tonight!

First..name the primary habitats of Green, Red and Black Dragons!

Second..what Elements would a Dragon need to consume regularly to breath lightning, fire and ice?

Third...for bonus points-who was the first named Chromatic Dragon?"

Ummm....

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Duratan (click to show/hide)

Agaronix/IronyOwl

Agaronix nominates Amarugx...she seems pleased that you support her.

Death Stalker nods.

Then, his voice drops a sly tone.

"One is good...but, I've had my eye on you especially, Agaronix. Are you sure you don't want to come with? Your sister could use the company...I'll leave within a week. We can make your final decision before I go."

With that, Death Stalker turns about and nuzzles Acilrex. They talk quietly to each other in a whispery tone, before going together into your mothers sleeping chambers for...wrestling practice.

Agaronix spends the next week trying to impress his father-showcasing his meager skills, and dueling with his Amarugx, who seems to be excited to leave. He learns much...and is eager to learn more, though he knows the cost already.

This, Death Stalker, feeling in a bitter mood coming on in the evening later that week, told a story to Agaronix.

"You know, I think I can tell you a tale, son. I've not told many this, except for your mother.

A long time ago, there was a Black Dragon-like me, but far worse. He didn't trust or love anything. His name was Malathrarus...he bore four sons and one daughter.

The One was named Halnon...Malathrarus was the hardest on him, and Halnon grew up to be worse than he was.

The second was named Histran...he grew up to hate everything. Even himself

His daughter was named Aratuva...she longed to destroy, trying to earn her fathers love. But, she neved got it...even when she fell, he did not mourn her.

His third son was named Halos. He also suffered much, but instead of breaking, he became stronger...vowed to better, despite what had been done to him.

Malathrarus had fourth son. He no longer calls himself by the name he was given...he tries to be good, but sometimes the pain causes him to do horrible things. It doesn't mean he's blameless...but it doesn't mean he's a monster either.

It's a sad story, isn't it?

If you're looking for a moral, little Destroyer, it's this-keep to thine own self true. Never let anyone take away what makes you a Dragon...my son.

Agaronix did think about it...and, he still had a choice to go with Stalker or not...time moves on.

((Agaronix has reached the end of the Wyrmling stage-he can either freeplay/roleplay actions from here, or wait for the others to catch up.

He gains +5 Trustworthiness from his fathers lesson))

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Agaronix (click to show/hide)

Draignean

Draignean flashes his sword into his sisters eyes-mildly annoying her, but if she was planning on a quick attack, you've ruined her momentum. Next time she might not be so noble.

Hinduarth snarls. She has rarely spoken to Draignean, and he's not entirely sure she can speak...but, she can.

Her voice is low and melliflous...sweet to hear, an odd comparsion to her corruption.

Hinduarth answers brusquely.

"I want everything you own brother. Everything...and if you ever show any weakness, I'll be there to take it from you."

She beams a crooked toothed smile-Halnon backhanded her pretty badly a few days ago for trying to steal food-and walks back to her nest. Her eyes glitter with palpable malice in the distance.

It seems things have reached a point for you-you've made your decisions, and now you'll have to grow with them...

((Draignean has reached the end of the Wyrmling stage-he can either freeplay/roleplay actions from here, or wait for the others to catch up.

He gains +5 Intimidation for defusing the battle with his sister))

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Draignean (click to show/hide)

Alvrea Markon'vie/Haika

Alvrea doesn't want to go with Stalker. She can't say so, exactly, but she runs and cowers under the warmth of her mothers wings all the same.

Death Stalker laughter booms in the distance

"You keep an eye on that one, Acilrex. Make sure she doesn't get too dependant on you...tough love works best, does it not dear?"

Alvrea is calmed by her mothers heartbeat. Then she had a thought-if Stalker/Father is going to take one of them who is it going to be, if not her?

Alvrea spends the next few days hiding in her nest every time Death Stalker tromps by, booming laughter all the way.

Eventually, later that week, Stalker took with him...Alvrea was sort of sad to see his/her heartbeat go, but her mother assured them they would be back within a "year". Whatever that was.

Alvrea would spend her next vital years of her own under mothers care-sharpening her wits and her knowledge-particularly in the arts of diplomacy and negotiaton. Your mother makes sure to talk with you often...In fact, Alvrea eventually comes to realize her Mother is venting her own thoughts and frustrations on her.

One of her strongest memories from that time was her Mother story of how she met Death Stalker...

"I was very...young. Maybe a bit foolish.

My bigger sister had just evicted me from my first cave..that..."
Acilrex mutters something under her breath not quite proper.

"Anyway, I was set to wander...there were more Dragons back then, and there wasn't much room for me to live-I went from den to den, each poorer and smaller than the least, always beings chased out by larger Dragons...it was either be forced out, or...submission. It's a term I'll teach you one day. Safe to say, death is a better alternative than that.

Eventually, I decided to fight back. I lost.

Acilrex absently rubbed an old, long healed scar running down her side, but Alvrea didn't know that.

"I ended up on the edge of Stalkers swamp badly wounded...even then, he had began to claim large portions of it for himself, and was turning away all competitors. I had feared to go there-Black Dragon have a sort of stigma attached to them, not entirely unwarranted. Many of them are cruel-though, it's usually more because people believe they're supposed to be."

I didn't know what he would do when he found me-there are worse things than death, after all...but, to my surprise, he took pity on me. Against his Black Dragon nature, he rescued me and gave a place to be safe and recover my strength. He made no requests for payment-I was free to go if I chose...of course, I decided to stay."

Acilrex pauses, savoring a strong memory.

"We had...fun. He taught me how to fight...and, when I was ready, I went back and took this Den for myself. Stalker stayed in the Swamp, though-I don't think I could ever convince him to move.

You don't need to fear him Alvrea...he is demanding, but only because he cares. I hope you may understand one day."

Alvrea agrees to think on it.

((Alvrea has reached the end of the Wyrmling stage-she can either freeplay/roleplay actions from here, or wait for the others to catch up.

She gains +5 Trustworthiness from her mothers lesson))

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Alvrea (click to show/hide)

Urenth/Wolfchild

Urenth feels a cold fear run up her Dragon spine. These are not nice creatures...and yet, the singing continues...

(Charisma Roll=2+3-1=4))

(1d25=17)

She runs.
They follow.

The Sirens are not hurrying at all-they're much faster in the blizzard than you anyway. They just keep a safe distance, and keep on singing.

Urenth, Urenth...serve us...serve us...
Mothers bane....Mothers bane...
There is no warmth...in the heart of the storm...
Serve us....serve us...

(Int Roll 5)
Urenth manages to find her way back to the warm cave and collapses on the stony floor, shivering
The Sirens are still waiting outside, but they're afraid to come in here for some reason. If they keep singing, they won't have to come in though-Urenth will walk out to them willingly...and become a slave to the song, or worse.
Her Dragon instincts tell her to destroy them for trying to take away her free will...or at least force them away. How can she do that, though?

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Urenth (click to show/hide)

Asabragr/Ahra

Asabargr tries to supress his natural instinct to just charge into the fray...think!

(Asabargr Int roll 3-1=2)

He doesn't spot anything he thinks he can use for an ambush in this area-they're partially in the shelter of the cave, and wary.

The Axe-Beards seem to be preparing to move out. He might be able to follow them...or, get ahead of them and look for a better spot to ambush them. Then again, he could just attack right away...he has to make a decision, but it's an awful burden for one so young.

Spoiler: Dragonstats/Asabargr (click to show/hide)

OOC:  !!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 05:57:04 pm by Dwarmin »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15